RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

P2119...oh joy

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-17, 04:07 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default P2119...oh joy

This little guy showed up while I was driving and about caused me to wreck. Took away throttle while I was merging into traffic.

Old 09-02-17, 04:47 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Found the throttle body connector harness coming apart internally, allowed the black and pink wires to disconnect from the TB pins.

EDIT: If you have an RCF, check the throttle harness. Mine was pulled very tight on connector and that appears to have caused the connector blocks to back out, likely as a combination of stress and heat.

Last edited by Suburbazin; 09-02-17 at 10:43 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Suburbazin:
ba2sy (09-03-17), Mingofish (09-02-17), Z3NK1 (09-03-17)
Old 09-03-17, 05:00 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Suburbazin
Found the throttle body connector harness coming apart internally, allowed the black and pink wires to disconnect from the TB pins.

EDIT: If you have an RCF, check the throttle harness. Mine was pulled very tight on connector and that appears to have caused the connector blocks to back out, likely as a combination of stress and heat.
Oh wow! Did you have mod around that area?
Old 09-03-17, 05:22 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Oh wow! Did you have mod around that area?
all stock. The factory didn't put enough slack in the wire before they buttoned up the loom.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (09-03-17)
Old 09-04-17, 06:55 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Pics of this connector and its location?
Old 09-06-17, 12:27 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Very interesting!
Old 09-07-17, 01:34 PM
Suburbazin
Driver

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
Pics of this connector and its location?
The following 2 users liked this post by Suburbazin:
iamnaeem (02-22-21), knowlengr (09-15-17)
Old 02-22-21, 10:23 AM
iamnaeem
Pit Crew

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but anyone see this again?

I saw "Brake override system failure" warning with traction off and CEL on. People on other threads are talking about apexi throttle controller possibly making this happen. I don't have a throttle controller. First time I saw it was last week driving through Tahoe when it was rainy/snowy while driving in heavy traffic under 10mph. I had the snow mode engaged and it basically went into limp mode and threw all these signs. I had to turn off the car for 10 min and use my OBD2 scanner to clear the code. No issues after that until today while normal driving in sport mode. CEL turned on and brake override system notification came up, but no Trac Off light this time. I pulled fuses and replaced them and then had to clear the CEL with the OBD2.
Now every time that I turn on the car the CEL turns on for the O2 sensors which didn't used to happen and I have to clear it every time.
I looked at the harness pictured and made sure it was all plugged in properly, no issues there.

Running a Takeda intake, headers (with o2 conditioners), catback exhaust, and OV (delicious stage 2) tune.

Any insights, lmk. Thanks!
Old 02-22-21, 12:27 PM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 578 Likes on 314 Posts

What exact codes are you getting that you're clearing? That would be helpfull.

Old 02-23-21, 08:36 AM
iamnaeem
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LoSt180
What exact codes are you getting that you're clearing? That would be helpfull.

Here are all the codes I see. I believe the O2 sensor codes are because of my headers, no cats. The one concerning me most is P2119
Old 02-23-21, 10:38 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 578 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by iamnaeem
Here are all the codes I see. I believe the O2 sensor codes are because of my headers, no cats. The one concerning me most is P2119
Ah, I had replied to your post on FB, group notifications seem busted, so I apologize if you asked anything and I didn't follow up.

Those O2 sensor codes are NOT related to the cats. P0420 and P0430 are the catalyst codes and come from Sensor 2 on both banks.

Sensor 1 is the primary sensors used by the engine for fueling, so don't ignore them, since it can be one cause of limp mode. Bank 2 is the right (US passenger) side sensor. The fact that it happened in the snow/rain seems to indicate a wiring problem. If headers were installed relatively recently, verify that the extension harness is fully connected and secured out of the way. It could be touching a header and melting the wiring, or the connectors may be getting water inside of them, basically it looks like you have a short somewhere. Now, since you ALSO have the throttle code, which is also along the right side of the engine, you really need to inspect the wiring harness. Make sure some rodent didn't try to make a home up in there because they are known for eating wiring harnesses.
Old 02-23-21, 11:07 AM
javrabbit
Driver

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by iamnaeem
I popped a P2119 before when messing around with a tune and it put me in Limp mode. Both RR and Orange Virus state its related to torque tables in a couple of super old threads. If you have the delicious tune, may want to ask them about it.

And I had a similar 02 message but mine was P2197 signal stuck lean and p2241 oxygen sensor pumping current circuit low. That didnt cause me to go into limp mode though. Ended up being wire harness melted.

one of RR responses about it is here. And i have an email with One of the OV guys saying pretty much the same. Ignition or torque tables
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9866429

Last edited by javrabbit; 02-23-21 at 11:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
iamnaeem (03-01-21)
Old 02-26-21, 05:34 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Are your headers wrapped or coated? If not, burnt wires a definite possibility. Check the PPE provided extenders. I’ve had mine melted twice during hot track days, although you were having problem during cold weather...
Old 02-28-21, 06:22 PM
iamnaeem
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Are your headers wrapped or coated? If not, burnt wires a definite possibility. Check the PPE provided extenders. I’ve had mine melted twice during hot track days, although you were having problem during cold weather...
Mine are coated and yes this was during cold weather so I don't feel like it should be heat related.
Old 03-01-21, 08:36 AM
iamnaeem
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by javrabbit
I popped a P2119 before when messing around with a tune and it put me in Limp mode. Both RR and Orange Virus state its related to torque tables in a couple of super old threads. If you have the delicious tune, may want to ask them about it.

And I had a similar 02 message but mine was P2197 signal stuck lean and p2241 oxygen sensor pumping current circuit low. That didnt cause me to go into limp mode though. Ended up being wire harness melted.

one of RR responses about it is here. And i have an email with One of the OV guys saying pretty much the same. Ignition or torque tables
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9866429
Thanks for this info! I've reached out to Delicious but they seem to take time with their responses so I'm just waiting to hear back. I'll ask them about the torque tables.

Quick Reply: P2119...oh joy