RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Roll Race: Stock RC-F vs Stock BMW M4

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-17, 02:07 PM
ragingf80
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LC500
As someone who traded in a 2017 BMW M3 (w/ Competition pkg) for a 2018 LC500 and test drove the RC-F, my (humble and meaningless) opinion is:

1. The M3 certainly has the upper hand in performance and manifested power
2. The RC-F and LC500 (specifically) have the upper hand in ride quality and overall fit & finish
3. The M3 certainly has the upper hand in handling / performance driving dynamics / trackability
4. The RC-F and LC500 have the upper hand in general luxury
I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the styling when I first saw the LC500 in person, probably because I wasn't in love with the color, and it was at last year's JCCS so I was very much distracted. Seeing them on the road now, I can appreciate how beautiful they are. Have you posted your first impressions yet? Direct comparisons to the M3?
Old 06-23-17, 02:14 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm guessing the F80 forum these days must be pretty boring.... Hey lets go over there and stir up some crap.. lol
Old 06-23-17, 02:23 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ragingf80
I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the styling when I first saw the LC500 in person, probably because I wasn't in love with the color, and it was at last year's JCCS so I was very much distracted. Seeing them on the road now, I can appreciate how beautiful they are. Have you posted your first impressions yet? Direct comparisons to the M3?
the LC500 is in the dealerships and I had a chance to sit in one. Didn't drive it, but comparing to an F80, the interior is eons better. It's definitely a luxury car first
Old 06-23-17, 04:48 PM
ragingf80
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cosmo1
I'm guessing the F80 forum these days must be pretty boring.... Hey lets go over there and stir up some crap.. lol
There's nothing good to come out of bashing someone for what they chose to do with their money. The RC-F is very enjoyable, and much like the F8X, isn't the fastest car in the segment, and there is almost always something faster. Being "better" is subjective to the wants and needs of the owner, and that's what really matters. If you are happy with your car, don't let someone else convince you otherwise, it's a rigged game trying to convince someone else that your car is right for you, because obviously it wasn't right for them.
Old 06-23-17, 05:31 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ragingf80
There's nothing good to come out of bashing someone for what they chose to do with their money. The RC-F is very enjoyable, and much like the F8X, isn't the fastest car in the segment, and there is almost always something faster. Being "better" is subjective to the wants and needs of the owner, and that's what really matters. If you are happy with your car, don't let someone else convince you otherwise, it's a rigged game trying to convince someone else that your car is right for you, because obviously it wasn't right for them.
I agree with this completely.... also at some level or another you stop convincing people to even try something different, lol... I have a friend of mine that gets a new Mercedes S class every year and all he *****es about is how complex and unintuitive things are (like the gear selector which is the dumbest design I've ever seen, lol) but no matter how much I try, he won't even look at an LS because he's stuck on MB's styling. People are gonna buy whatever tickles their fancy, even if it might not make sense to us it makes sense to them. . Some people are focused on vanity, some are focused on ride quality, road feel, or lack thereof, handling, or generalized feelings of how the car makes them "feel" and others are hard core on raw performance metrics, like 0-60, quarter times, skid pad ratings, and so on.. and other people (probably a lot of folks in this thread) make their own personal weighted calculations of all of these categories; the thing is, the weighting is likely to be different to everyone. I tell this to people looking at car reviews in print or on youtube- you always have to take the reviewer with a grain of salt because there are going to be things that you do not agree with the reviewer on, doesn't matter who makes the car, either, or what it is, someone is going to say some aspect of it sucks.

-Mike
Old 06-23-17, 05:33 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

No one is bashing but opinions given and this thread was running just fine before you got on here and decided to policing the so called bickering so do not play the victim card at this point. . We have heard you and you have represented your bmw community as expected so Drop it and move on..

Last edited by cosmo1; 06-23-17 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-23-17, 06:27 PM
ragingf80
Pole Position

No one is bashing but opinions given and this thread was running just fine before you got on here and decided to policing the so called bickering
Looking back, there is mostly level headed discussion going on here, I think I was focused on ssmoked's posts.

so do not play the victim card at this point. .
I don't see how I'm a victim at all. Please stop addressing me like I'm a child, you seem really aggravated and I don't really want to play your game.

We have heard you and you have represented your bmw community as expected so Drop it and move on..
I represent no one but myself.