RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Liquid Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-17, 10:21 AM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Liquid Platinum

Good morning to all, the reason I am writing is to hopefully get some positive reinforcement from some of you concerning the Liquid Platinum color. I purchased my RC F about a month and a half ago and was trying to find either the Grey or the Liquid Platinum color. There was no Grey available at the time but the Platinum was available, so I bought it and love it! However, I do get second thoughts about not picking the right color. I know white is very popular and so is Blue and the Grey looks great too! I have always loved Silver(and I am older,56) and all my cars have been Silver, but I don't see many Silvers around. Anyway , anybody that has Liquid Platinum or likes the color, please chime in and hopefully reassure me that I did not make a mistake. Thanks so much in advance and sorry about the rambling!
Old 03-19-17, 10:28 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

That's the first time I see someone with buyers remorse with color, usually it's with packages, price or type of car.
you have an awesome car that many would envy. Stop stressing it front of a computer and go for a drive. Guarantee it will be forgotten
Old 03-19-17, 11:09 AM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...inum-rc-f.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ork-s-rcf.html

The color is beautiful. Am currently on a search for this color for the RC F. It's hard to find. Not seeing many silver RC Fs around is a plus.

Last edited by Ctrl-F; 03-19-17 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-19-17, 11:37 AM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your new RC F. My first pick is silver if it is available in my area. Silver is elegant and hides the dust better than dark colors.
Old 03-19-17, 03:06 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400998
Congrats on your new RC F. My first pick is silver if it is available in my area. Silver is elegant and hides the dust better than dark colors.
Totally agree!!!
Old 03-19-17, 05:11 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Color choice is subjective. Why do you care what color someone else likes? No matter what color it is someone will like it and someone else will not. The only opinion you should care about is your own, or maybe the opinions of those close to you. But not strangers...

I have owned a few silver vehicles. My RX350 is silver. I can go for weeks without washing it and it's barely noticeable. Rock dings have to be huge before you will notice them. Silver is a very low maintenance color.

But it's not going to look as shiny as other colors when it's clean, such as black.

I like silver, but I did not want a silver RC F.
Old 03-19-17, 05:18 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

If i didnt absolutely want the usblue, I would have picked the LP
Old 03-19-17, 05:20 PM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Davew77
Color choice is subjective. Why do you care what color someone else likes? No matter what color it is someone will like it and someone else will not. The only opinion you should care about is your own, or maybe the opinions of those close to you. But not strangers...

I have owned a few silver vehicles. My RX350 is silver. I can go for weeks without washing it and it's barely noticeable. Rock dings have to be huge before you will notice them. Silver is a very low maintenance color.

But it's not going to look as shiny as other colors when it's clean, such as black.

I like silver, but I did not want a silver RC F.

i agree 100% the only opinion that matters is mine and maybe a lil bit of my family. But when your rolling and when you mod it or fix which ever you choose it's all your personal taste. Any color RC F looks great it's up to you the owner how you treat and care and modify your ride to your liking. Many have black, white, blue but every last one is different in its own right. But I do understand your preference cause I wasn't looking for nuebla pearl but ended up with an ultra white and with the car it self I DONT CARE IF IT WAS PINK/PURPLE... it's an RC F at its heart. So enjoy your ride bro all on here are glad you got one and will help if need be with any mods...
Old 03-19-17, 05:46 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Lexus made a mistake keeping the rear diffuser area gloss black for all colors. Looks horrible in all colors except gray and black. Should've come up with a better design to accept body color.
Old 03-19-17, 06:19 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
Lexus made a mistake keeping the rear diffuser area gloss black for all colors. Looks horrible in all colors except gray and black. Should've come up with a better design to accept body color.
which aftermarket reardiffuser do you think is best looking?
Old 03-19-17, 08:25 PM
ct6978
Intermediate

Received 171 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by woodranch
Good morning to all, the reason I am writing is to hopefully get some positive reinforcement from some of you concerning the Liquid Platinum color. I purchased my RC F about a month and a half ago and was trying to find either the Grey or the Liquid Platinum color. There was no Grey available at the time but the Platinum was available, so I bought it and love it! However, I do get second thoughts about not picking the right color. I know white is very popular and so is Blue and the Grey looks great too! I have always loved Silver(and I am older,56) and all my cars have been Silver, but I don't see many Silvers around. Anyway , anybody that has Liquid Platinum or likes the color, please chime in and hopefully reassure me that I did not make a mistake. Thanks so much in advance and sorry about the rambling!
Color is generally a personal choice, I picked Liquid Platinum as I that it looked best and is easy to keep clean. The color somehow brings out the creases and curves in the body best for me.

I did spend a few months agonizing over the choice (and plenty of post purchase reassurance that I made the right choice) here's what I remember of my thinking:
  • Blue - Had an RC in blue, great looking color, lots of compliments, a little too showy for me, and..... had a minor rear end incident, the body shop tried 3 times, never got the color matched, never again
  • White - 2nd choice, but I thought the rear bumper and other lines wash out a little in this color from a little distance (I think this works better on the RC350 with the black rear bumper trim parts) so you get a lot of somewhat featureless white on a side view.... I remember walking a lot and comparing white and platinum RCs and RC350s and making my final decision
  • Dark Grey - I like the color, easy to maintain, had an IS in it and think that looks great, but didn't feel it showed off the car as well as the platinum
  • Atomic Silver - Not my favorite, wife has it on her car and loves it, to each their own
  • Black - Love the color when clean, but I've had dark cars and have moved on....I get too upset to see any dirt, flaws, etc.
Not sure if this helps or hurts, worst case, drive it some, you'll realize how great the car is and won't care so much about the color.
Old 03-19-17, 08:52 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Any color on this car is awesome. Besides, if you get bored with it, have it wrapped any color you like.
Old 03-20-17, 10:09 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BossMoss
Any color on this car is awesome. Besides, if you get bored with it, have it wrapped any color you like.
^This right here. If you don't like it, wrap it. Problem solved.
Old 03-20-17, 12:54 PM
8901alex
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default liquid platinum

Originally Posted by woodranch
My friend u did not made a mistake by choosing this color is so easy u can't tell if I s durty and u right not many liquid platinum out there I'm super happy with this color.....
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Platinum-img_0155.jpg   Liquid Platinum-img_0162.jpg   Liquid Platinum-img_0163.jpg  
Old 03-20-17, 01:42 PM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you all!. I feel much better after these posts. I do love the Silver, but as you know it is always easy to second guess yourself after you pulled the trigger. Bottom line is that I love this car. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Liquid Platinum