RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Video: Meistershaft Axleback vs Meistershaft Headerback (Revs/Fly-by's)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-17, 06:53 PM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Video: Meistershaft Axleback vs Meistershaft Headerback (Revs/Fly-by's)

Here is a video comparing the Meistershaft axleback vs the headerback along with a couple of fly by's. I did not have my microphone so audio isn't the best but it still gives you a good idea, new video coming soon including street driving and wide open throttle runs with a mic.

Originally my midpipe blew up so I had to throw the factory midpipe on while the revised version was shipped over. When I installed the stock midpipe I felt a very noticeable and immediate loss in power, all of the video was taken with the valves open.

Review with axleback only:
The car sounded good, but inside the car it was way too quiet. My friends muffler delete was more audible, with the axleback only you hear the artificial exhaust noise more than you do the actual exhaust. Little to no drone, definitely not worth the money if you only plan on doing an axleback.

Review with midpipe added:
WAY louder, almost obnoxious compared to the first version of their midpipe. However, as i've been driving it the tone is getting better. The exhaust now sounds brutal and loves to pop in between shifts, every now and then I will get some nice pops when i'm slowing down in manual mode. While cruising at low rpm it sounds nice, however when you punch it it is very noticeable even with the windows up. Borderline too loud with the windows down but sounds great.

Old 03-05-17, 07:41 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Doing a group buy on this right now.. Have some people that paid, need a couple more..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-06-17, 10:16 AM
262Wisc
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you PM me a price? I'm currently quoting a few places right now.

Full header back SS.
Prefer round tips.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-06-17, 03:38 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by rfugio68
Here is a video comparing the Meistershaft axleback vs the headerback along with a couple of fly by's. I did not have my microphone so audio isn't the best but it still gives you a good idea, new video coming soon including street driving and wide open throttle runs with a mic.

Originally my midpipe blew up so I had to throw the factory midpipe on while the revised version was shipped over. When I installed the stock midpipe I felt a very noticeable and immediate loss in power, all of the video was taken with the valves open.

The car sounded good, but inside the car it was way too quiet. My friends muffler delete was more audible, with the axleback only you hear the artificial exhaust noise more than you do the actual exhaust. Little to no drone, definitely not worth the money if you only plan on doing an axleback.

WAY louder, almost obnoxious compared to the first version of their midpipe. However, as i've been driving it the tone is getting better. The exhaust now sounds brutal and loves to pop in between shifts, every now and then I will get some nice pops when i'm slowing down in manual mode. While cruising at low rpm it sounds nice, however when you punch it it is very noticeable even with the windows up. Borderline too loud with the windows down but sounds great.

https://youtu.be/48xLI_ym4Rk
I only have the axleback because the full system is too loud. We even have a member here who had to remove his full Ti system due to noise complaints from neighbors. I'm not sure what you mean about the artificial sound. I barely notice it. I mostly drive in Sports S mode which does not play the artificial sound and the car sounds just fine. Switching to Sports S+ mode makes a minimal difference in the sound.

You could have tried removing your stock resonators. I imagine that the difference between the stock midpipe with no resonators and the $2k LSR Meisterschaft midpipe would be close enough to save $2k and keep the stock one. That's what I would try if I wanted more sound. But the stock midpipe and resonators keep the car from being obnoxious and un-Lexuslike, IMO. The axleback by itself is almost obnoxious... I guess we all have different levels of noise tolerance.

Thanks for the review.

Last edited by Davew77; 03-06-17 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-07-17, 09:13 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

+1 on the axle back
Old 03-08-17, 08:18 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also have just the axle back and I'm more than happy with it. Loud enough to sound amazing, quiet enough to not be obnoxious. And not to confuse anyone, the axle back is not quiet by ANY means lol.
Old 03-08-17, 10:55 AM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rfugio68

https://youtu.be/48xLI_ym4Rk
Hey sir, you need headers. I don't think thats loud enough.
Old 03-11-17, 12:38 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

how does it sound with the valves closed with the mid pipe and axle back? after hearing all of these clips, this exhaust seems loud. i ordered the mid pipe already , i wasn't planning on ordering the axle back but after looking at the oem piping on the stock axle back, i hate the crushed pipe look.

i don't want it loud on the inside , doesn't matter outside or not. wish our cars were well dampened like bmw m6s. it could be crazy obnoxious loud on the outside but oem sound on the inside. i wish i can find a set up like this. i think borla was close but i didn't like the clamp style on that exhaust and didn't want to deal with custom Vband set up.
Old 03-11-17, 11:09 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Get it through group buy!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886