RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-17, 12:04 PM
woodranch
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Performance Package

How important is the performance package if I don't plan on tracking the car ever? I cant find the right color with the package and really don't care about the carbon fiber, so will I miss the torque vectoring in just normal spirited driving? Thanks in advance for you views!
Old 02-11-17, 12:41 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I don't feel it's necessary at all for street use. I don't have it and I hit the corners pretty hard on a regular basis. If I were able to take a 6 second corner at say 5.9 seconds, I don't think I would even notice...

For the track (road course) I would want it. Every tenth of a second counts. But that's totally up to you.

Someone who has actually driven both would be able to provide a better opinion. I haven't. I only know what I've read about it.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (02-11-17)
Old 02-11-17, 12:49 PM
Dwight047
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
I don't feel it's necessary at all for street use. I don't have it and I hit the corners pretty hard on a regular basis. If I were able to take a 6 second corner at say 5.9 seconds, I don't think I would even notice...

For the track (road course) I would want it. Every tenth of a second counts. But that's totally up to you.

Someone who has actually driven both would be able to provide a better opinion. I haven't. I only know what I've read about it.
Davew77 is spot on. I am an employee at a Lexus dealership and having driven both, I would concur with this reply. Biggest reason people fork out for the performance package is that they like the way the carbon fiber roof and spoiler look, not because they are racing the car and care about the TVD or the weight saved with the carbon fiber. For you, unless the look is really important, the non-perfomance package RC-F will be plenty of a beast. And frankly, even if the look is important, you could save a couple thousand just getting a carbon fiber wrap where you want it.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (02-11-17)
Old 02-11-17, 02:42 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

If you don't track the car, then no need for TVD. MY RCF dies not have TVD. I've driven both. The TVD COMES INTO PLAY ONLY IF YOU TRACK IT where even 1/100th a second may make a difference in the corners and each time difference gained at each and every corner will add up to a WIN!! But for everyday use, no difference to me.

I test drove both extensively before I decided to go with the non TVD.

JUST more stuff to break down with the TVD.

Originally Posted by woodranch
How important is the performance package if I don't plan on tracking the car ever? I cant find the right color with the package and really don't care about the carbon fiber, so will I miss the torque vectoring in just normal spirited driving? Thanks in advance for you views!
Old 02-11-17, 04:16 PM
GGawaran
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Performance Package because I didn't want the moon roof. I am a tall person 6'4 and prefer more head room. Personally I don't like / use moon roofs either.
Old 02-11-17, 04:30 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I have moon roofs on ALL of my vehicles. The hardtop convertible does not count since the whole roof tucks nicely in the rear boot. 😁😀😃

Originally Posted by GGawaran
I got the Performance Package because I didn't want the moon roof. I am a tall person 6'4 and prefer more head room. Personally I don't like / use moon roofs either.