RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

SUPERCHARGER!! RR-Racing does it again!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-17, 02:34 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts
Default SUPERCHARGER!! RR-Racing does it again!!

Just going to leave this here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtX2...ature=youtu.be

Be sure to follow us, Meraki Autoworks, and RR-Racing on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube to keep up with new product releases and information..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCel...cIoNmkmPQINXMA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7...Ij4AOUiLAUZIgw

https://www.facebook.com/MerakiAutoworks/
https://www.facebook.com/RRRmotorspo...ering/?fref=ts

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (01-18-17)
Old 01-17-17, 02:41 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice. Thanks for the heads up Josh. I'll see if my Uncle Sam can fund this in the next couple of months.

Sheesh, it sure makes it ugly under that hood though..
Old 01-17-17, 04:04 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

If that supercharger is right around 600+hp I would assume they are talking crank not whp. So I'm guessing 6-7 lbs of boost making somewhere between 500-530whp.. Looks promising but lets just hope they don't over price it.
Considering not too much plumbing and hopefully not having to change to bigger injectors or a larger fuel pump I would hope it would be in the $7-8k range.
Old 01-17-17, 04:12 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

^ I would say $12k+
Old 01-17-17, 04:33 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

If it is in that range I will just wait for the new twin turbo rc-f with a warranty and a lot more power.. And to be honest there's no telling what the resale value would be on adding a supercharger..

Last edited by cosmo1; 01-17-17 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-17-17, 05:24 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
^ I would say $12k+
You're probably pretty close, but this ole' boy Won't be getting one IF it is! I would think initially they will be big $$$ but after they've been out awhile I would think the $$$ would come down a lil, they'll sell a few but it's not like there's A LOT of RCF's running around anyway. jmo
Old 01-17-17, 09:24 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ISF kits are 9950.00 and putting down around 530whp with headers and exhaust (600+ crank).

I would expect RCF to be in the same ballpark cost wise as it looks like essentially the same setup. But potentially more power from the revised engine?
Old 01-18-17, 07:42 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by daedalus
ISF kits are 9950.00 and putting down around 530whp with headers and exhaust (600+ crank).

I would expect RCF to be in the same ballpark cost wise as it looks like essentially the same setup. But potentially more power from the revised engine?

Price will be same as ISF. We do not have the final power spec just yet. RCF heads are supposed to have larger valves compared to ISF, so that's good, but higher compression ratio may pose a challenge to get higher HP levels compared to ISF. We shall see...

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-18-17, 07:56 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Anyone else notice the difference in the intake from the isf to the rcf? The isf's intake is routed down into the front of the bumper area while the rcf's intake sits in the motor area with a cone on it.. I would think with a bit more colder air coming in would result in less timing having to be pulled.. Can't wait to see the final product RR!!!

Intercooler????

Last edited by cosmo1; 01-18-17 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-18-17, 12:37 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
If that supercharger is right around 600+hp I would assume they are talking crank not whp. So I'm guessing 6-7 lbs of boost making somewhere between 500-530whp.. Looks promising but lets just hope they don't over price it.
Considering not too much plumbing and hopefully not having to change to bigger injectors or a larger fuel pump I would hope it would be in the $7-8k range.
You need to understand that the RCF/GSF and ISF are extremely rare cars. In a good month, they sell about the same number of Mustangs as an entire 9 year production run of ISF's and RCF's!

That said, this is a very small niche supercharger kit, and although we do not need to include injectors, we custom manufacture a lot of premium parts for this kit, such as the carbon fiber piping, billet needle bearing SC belt tensioner, Custom harmonic damper drive pulley, double row billet idler pulleys, and US made custom Bell Intercooler.

Additionally, if you compare our kit price to similar E90/92 M3 SC kits, we are priced at or below those kits, and that quite frankly is a much bigger market, although we are really hoping that things change for Lexus tuning and we are investing a lot to time/money/effort to try to make that happen.

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Anyone else notice the difference in the intake from the isf to the rcf? The isf's intake is routed down into the front of the bumper area while the rcf's intake sits in the motor area with a cone on it.. I would think with a bit more colder air coming in would result in less timing having to be pulled.. Can't wait to see the final product RR!!!

Intercooler????
We are unable to duct the filter from below on the RCF, but the final production kit will be well heat shielded and intake air temps should be fine.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
cosmo1 (01-18-17), LRCSALES (03-02-17)
Old 01-18-17, 12:42 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,511 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
You need to understand that the RCF/GSF and ISF are extremely rare cars. In a good month, they sell about the same number of Mustangs as an entire 9 year production run of ISF's and RCF's!

That said, this is a very small niche supercharger kit, and although we do not need to include injectors, we custom manufacture a lot of premium parts for this kit, such as the carbon fiber piping, billet needle bearing SC belt tensioner, Custom harmonic damper drive pulley, double row billet idler pulleys, and US made custom Bell Intercooler.

Additionally, if you compare our kit price to similar E90/92 M3 SC kits, we are priced at or below those kits, and that quite frankly is a much bigger market, although we are really hoping that things change for Lexus tuning and we are investing a lot to time/money/effort to try to make that happen.

We are unable to duct the filter from below on the RCF, but the final production kit will be well heat shielded and intake air temps should be fine.

Rafi
Can you make an enclosure with a duct drawing from outside the engine bay? sort of like stock?
Old 01-18-17, 03:34 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

THIS is very, VERY cool. Watching closely!!
Old 01-18-17, 06:54 PM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice! I'm glad that RRacing took the initiative to develop a kit. As for the price it's about 3k more than say a mustang kit, but as they mentioned the Volume just isn't there so they have to inflate the price as a result.

Id definitely get a kit if the rcf had more tuning options like say, hp tuners. A vortech head unit would be nice too but you can't be too picky with the only kit in the market lol
Old 01-18-17, 08:12 PM
panita2010
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice ... looking good
Old 01-18-17, 08:55 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rfugio68
Nice! I'm glad that RRacing took the initiative to develop a kit. As for the price it's about 3k more than say a mustang kit, but as they mentioned the Volume just isn't there so they have to inflate the price as a result.

Id definitely get a kit if the rcf had more tuning options like say, hp tuners. A vortech head unit would be nice too but you can't be too picky with the only kit in the market lol
^^^^This! & Especially being a Great Sponsor on the Lexus Forums is Awesome, Thanks Guys & Continued SUCCESS!
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (01-19-17)

Quick Reply: SUPERCHARGER!! RR-Racing does it again!!