RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Borla Exhaust Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-17, 10:58 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I've heard Apexi in person and it's just not the sound that I was looking for. For a while I was deciding between Ark and Borla (both at a great price) and at the end of the day, I went with Borla. What sold me on this exhaust systems was the videos I've seen. The sound, rumble, and pop that it makes is amazing. I could not be happier with the sound, performance gains, and price of the Borla.

You are right though, Ark system does look cosmetically nicer. At the end of the day, I am 100% satisfied and would not do anything over even if I could.
That's my concern, I don't even see this car ever, let alone hear the exhaust in person. The Ark was very quiet on my Subaru BRZ but we're obviously comparing a V8 and 2.0 liter. Idk if apexi or ark will sound similar, but essentially I was convinced I only had an exhaust at WOT and almost no other times.
Old 09-13-17, 11:00 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Here's my borla
Old 09-13-17, 11:21 AM
Paunguye
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Apaul
Here's my borla
I see you like your borla exhaust alot.... Posting 3 of the videos in 3 separate post. LOL!!
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (09-13-17)
Old 09-13-17, 11:27 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by Paunguye
I see you like your borla exhaust alot.... Posting 3 of the videos in 3 separate post. LOL!!
lmfaooooo my bad. New to forum. Still learning the ways
Old 10-23-17, 06:57 PM
viperracer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RC F Borla exhaust

Gents,

In hopes that I can help just one person come to a conclusion I figured I'd share my thoughts. I recently debated for days about which exhaust would sound the best on the RC F. Having done the usual searches I finally convinced myself that the Borla cat back system was reasonable in price and sounded good. Having had many cars with full race exhaust ,headers, no cats I was cautiously optimistic about how this car would sound. First off big shout to Josh at Meraki Autoworks for shipping this unit out same day! Secondly this is truly bolt on and go took less than 45 minutes to install. Ok now how does it sound?? Well I must say that I am thrilled with how this car sounds... In sport plus at high RPM it sounds incredible on both up and down shifts. It sounds incredible on cold start and today when I ended up in an unground parking garage I didn't want to leave!!! Best money I have spent in a long time go treat yourself.
The following 2 users liked this post by viperracer:
Meraki Autoworks (10-23-17), mjn88 (10-28-17)
Old 10-23-17, 07:40 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by viperracer
Gents,

In hopes that I can help just one person come to a conclusion I figured I'd share my thoughts. I recently debated for days about which exhaust would sound the best on the RC F. Having done the usual searches I finally convinced myself that the Borla cat back system was reasonable in price and sounded good. Having had many cars with full race exhaust ,headers, no cats I was cautiously optimistic about how this car would sound. First off big shout to Josh at Meraki Autoworks for shipping this unit out same day! Secondly this is truly bolt on and go took less than 45 minutes to install. Ok now how does it sound?? Well I must say that I am thrilled with how this car sounds... In sport plus at high RPM it sounds incredible on both up and down shifts. It sounds incredible on cold start and today when I ended up in an unground parking garage I didn't want to leave!!! Best money I have spent in a long time go treat yourself.

love.my Borla too
Old 10-23-17, 11:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Gents,

Glad to hear you love the exhaust. Love the username too.

You should make a thread of your RCF and post some pictures of your other cars since we know you have a great collection.

Thanks for the kind words!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-24-17, 02:02 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I'm still on the fence on Borla.

Is it too loud vs not loud enough?

Easy to install? How about the two O2 sensors to remove from the OEM and put into the Borla? Easy to reverse back to OEM if needed? Ant cutting involved?

Did you install it yourself or a shop to do? If a shop to do it, how much, if I may ask?

Gents,

Old 10-24-17, 09:52 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO it's perfect loudness. Loud when you're on the throttle, quiet while cruising.

Installation is VERY easy. It's a catback, there is a port for the displaced 02 sensor that goes righ tin. There is no cutting involved, it's a bolt-on so very easy to back to stock. I would advise to have the connections spot welded though as Borla connectors twist in and may come loose. Installation should be an hour by any muffler shop, price depends on what the local labor charges are. I paid $80 for mine for reference and gave the guy a generous tip for doing the welds. Realistically, should be no more than $120 though. Don't get bamboozled by installers who are trying to up-charge when they see the car.

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I'm still on the fence on Borla.

Is it too loud vs not loud enough?

Easy to install? How about the two O2 sensors to remove from the OEM and put into the Borla? Easy to reverse back to OEM if needed? Ant cutting involved?

Did you install it yourself or a shop to do? If a shop to do it, how much, if I may ask?
Meraki Autoworks (10-24-17)
Old 10-24-17, 10:48 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Big fan of this exhaust and love how it sounds. Agree with most posts here, but I'm jw is it me or is it extremely quiet unless you'e really stepping on it? I would wanna hear the exhaust more if I was mildly accelerating or even in parking lot speeds.

Although, am I just used to the sound and its actually obnoxiously loud to everyone else already at any speed?

I personally thought it was surprisingly quiet but when I heard my friend drive it in 5-6k rpm the sound was savage.
Old 10-24-17, 11:36 AM
Apaul
Driver

As many I too looked up armytrix, gthaus, borla, joez. If you want something that's loud but not LOUD the borla is the way to go. Manual mode plus apexi tc plus sportplus. Like WOW. The cost isn't bad at all either for the quality. Got mines from Josh at meraki autoworks. Quick and best price I received. If you don't wanna go through cel, insp issues, cops picking on you for loudness, get Borla. I get away from cops when they ask and tell them oh it's a 5L v8, they believe it. But with gthaus or novel, it's obvious. Hope this helps guys!
Old 10-24-17, 08:31 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

This is just for comparison. Not trying to hijack this thread. If you want to hear the ARC exhaust, this is what mine sounds like compared to the Borla exhaust. Sorry it is a long video so just fast forward after the cold start to hear how it sounds from inside the car. No videos of the sound from the outside.
Apone (10-25-17)
Old 10-24-17, 11:16 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

You guys know where to get your Borla from!!!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 10-25-17, 12:43 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

So tempting!!!

You got Black Friday specials coming up soon? 😁😁😁😁🤔🤔🤔

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
You guys know where to get your Borla from!!!

-Josh
Old 10-25-17, 09:29 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Unfortunately not for CA residents.. (Exhaust won't ship here due to emissions)

-Josh

Orange County, CA

Quick Reply: RCF Borla Exhaust Video