RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF Borla Exhaust Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-17, 09:30 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerune
Big fan of this exhaust and love how it sounds. Agree with most posts here, but I'm jw is it me or is it extremely quiet unless you'e really stepping on it? I would wanna hear the exhaust more if I was mildly accelerating or even in parking lot speeds.

Although, am I just used to the sound and its actually obnoxiously loud to everyone else already at any speed?

I personally thought it was surprisingly quiet but when I heard my friend drive it in 5-6k rpm the sound was savage.
I don't think it's quiet. I can hear mine anytime I'm not sitting still. I agree that the 4k+ sound is the most pleasing to me, I just would rather it be not as loud all the time. Cars in front of me on the freeway can definitely hear me behind them at 80mph when I downshift as they move over much quicker than they used to.
Old 10-25-17, 06:45 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

That's even better when they move out of the way!!!

Originally Posted by Apone
I don't think it's quiet. I can hear mine anytime I'm not sitting still. I agree that the 4k+ sound is the most pleasing to me, I just would rather it be not as loud all the time. Cars in front of me on the freeway can definitely hear me behind them at 80mph when I downshift as they move over much quicker than they used to.
The following users liked this post:
Katrcf (11-18-17)
Old 10-25-17, 06:48 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

No worries. I relocated my RCF to MS!!! Anything goes in MS!!! Shipping will be to MS!!!

I'm looking for your Black Friday Specials!!! It's gonna be my Xmas present!!! LOL😀

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Unfortunately not for CA residents.. (Exhaust won't ship here due to emissions)

-Josh
Old 10-26-17, 09:28 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
No worries. I relocated my RCF to MS!!! Anything goes in MS!!! Shipping will be to MS!!!

I'm looking for your Black Friday Specials!!! It's gonna be my Xmas present!!! LOL😀
Oh sweet, lets do this!!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-28-17, 06:11 PM
viperracer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for the slow response I was traveling.

No its definitely not too loud..cruising around town car still has a nice throaty sound but not crazy. When you get on the car at higher RPM the car really comes alive and has a very interesting tone and growl. For me its loud enough for the type of car that it is.This is a daily driver GT car IMO not a track car.

As far as install its literally unbolt old system and bolt this one on. O2 sensors go right back the Borla unit is a very easy clean setup. Local muffler shop charged $129 took maybe 45 min. Very simple install with no issues codes etc.
Old 11-02-17, 05:49 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Apone
Dunno why I'm just now seeing this but that's a great example lol. I had my brother drive my car once while I chased in an Accord and surprisingly I was able to hear the Borla when he was going 2k rpm so I'm sure it's louder than I'm thinking. What're you downshifting to at 80 mph lol, 5th gear to pass?
Old 11-02-17, 06:02 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Dunno why I'm just now seeing this but that's a great example lol. I had my brother drive my car once while I chased in an Accord and surprisingly I was able to hear the Borla when he was going 2k rpm so I'm sure it's louder than I'm thinking. What're you downshifting to at 80 mph lol, 5th gear to pass?
at 80 on the high way, when I punch it mine drops to 3rd grsr and SCREEEEAAAMS past everyone
Old 11-03-17, 08:09 AM
Apone
Pole Position

Yeah instead of flashing lights or moving into the side mirrors, just drop a few gears and people move now. It's my new announcement that I'm coming by so make way.

4th is my go to gear at most freeway speeds but as punisher said it may go to 3rd in automatic mode. I'm usually doing the shifting myself. After decades of driving stick only, I just prefer to do it myself. Not that I don't trust it but with power and rear wheel drive at those speeds and above I'd rather be doing it and rolling on to the throttle.

Like most of the Japanese performance cars I've driven, the RCF power band is up high. Over 4k to redline is where I like to be when I downshift (regardless of speed) because it feels linear, powerful, and I think it sounds great. That is in contrast to some corvettes and SRT challengers my father has owned that have tons of power down low. The dodge runs low on breath up top, the C7 corvette just kind of keeps pulling as I recall.
Old 11-03-17, 08:20 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I came from a '13 GS350 AWD f sport as well. I love the RCF. I do recommend winter tires as the car is dangerous without them in cold temps. I'm in the northeast and I mounted Pirelli Sottozero's with no issue in cold/wet, still not great in heavy snow as the car is too low and too wide a track. I sold the RCF as i bought a house, but with that said, i now have a lightly used (barely 1 season) set of Pirelli Sottozero's if anyone is interested =)
Old 11-03-17, 05:15 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparker
I came from a '13 GS350 AWD f sport as well. I love the RCF. I do recommend winter tires as the car is dangerous without them in cold temps. I'm in the northeast and I mounted Pirelli Sottozero's with no issue in cold/wet, still not great in heavy snow as the car is too low and too wide a track. I sold the RCF as sPi bought a house, but with that said, i now have a lightly used (barely 1 season) set of Pirelli Sottozero's if anyone is interested =)
Sparker I am heading to New York late November. Since you live in NYC, would it be idea to drive up there from PA with Michelin super sports around that time or will the colder weather make it dangerous to drive?
Old 11-09-17, 12:29 PM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I've heard Apexi in person and it's just not the sound that I was looking for. For a while I was deciding between Ark and Borla (both at a great price) and at the end of the day, I went with Borla. What sold me on this exhaust systems was the videos I've seen. The sound, rumble, and pop that it makes is amazing. I could not be happier with the sound, performance gains, and price of the Borla.

You are right though, Ark system does look cosmetically nicer. At the end of the day, I am 100% satisfied and would not do anything over even if I could.
Did you do the butt dyno on the Borla or put it on the rack? Curious to know what gains you got.
Old 11-09-17, 01:18 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Borla is offering free shipping on this exhaust this month.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-09-17, 02:24 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Spam89
Sparker I am heading to New York late November. Since you live in NYC, would it be idea to drive up there from PA with Michelin super sports around that time or will the colder weather make it dangerous to drive?
YES. The operating temp (minimum) for summer tires is somewhere around 45 degrees if I recall. Below that you are not only losing traction but risking damage to the tire like cracking or chunking as I understand it. I read that if the tire has been below that temp for even 24hrs prior you risk damage. So, not worth it to damage some fairly pricey tires or to slide and damage your pricey car. And if you can't drive it hard because of traction issues.....what's really the point.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=220

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=273
Old 11-18-17, 03:00 PM
jhsfp21
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had mine installed a few weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving this exhaust! Props to Josh over a Meraki for hooking it up with the lowest price and fastest shipping.

Here's a video of a cold start.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (11-19-17)
Old 11-18-17, 05:35 PM
Katrcf
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Early adopter to the Borla.
sounds great all the time, quiet (relatively) when it needs to be...and down right screams at full throttle!
still loving it over a year later.
always get the question, that's a Lexus?
Oh yeah, it is...hear me roar!!!

Quick Reply: RCF Borla Exhaust Video