RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

$5K promotion on 2015 RCF through Lexus Finance

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-16, 10:35 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $5K promotion on 2015 RCF through Lexus Finance

I have just learned of a promotion on the RC F, that just started today.

Lexus is offering a promotion of $5K towards the purchase of the RC F if financed through Lexus Financial Services, through February 1. This is only for 2015 RC Fs.
Old 01-05-16, 10:39 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by omnikey

Lexus is offering a promotion of $5K towards the purchase of the RC F if financed through Lexus Financial Services, through February 1. This is only for 2015 RC Fs.
My son in law just bought a '16 LX570 last week and the sales rep said the RC-F sales are bad and there are big incentives.
Old 01-05-16, 10:41 AM
MrPLP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this applies to leases too? Any other incentives for the 2015s that you know of?
Old 01-05-16, 10:44 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrPLP
Does this applies to leases too? Any other incentives for the 2015s that you know of?
That is consistent with what I hear from the dealers, especially this time of year. Many dealers are sitting on 2 - 4 2015 RC Fs in their inventory. Most are black or white, and fully loaded, some with the performance package.
Old 01-05-16, 10:45 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrPLP
Not sure about leases, I was just looking at purchasing.
Old 01-05-16, 10:46 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
My son in law just bought a '16 LX570 last week and the sales rep said the RC-F sales are bad and there are big incentives.

I can see that, the dealers around me that have the RC-F are sitting on them for several months, there are also several dealers that do not have them and will not put them on the show room floor, special order only.

it's a niche car and with all the EPA regulations and the competitors choosing FI options over large displacement it is going to continue to be a hard sell.
Old 01-05-16, 10:49 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
I can see that, the dealers around me that have the RC-F are sitting on them for several months, there are also several dealers that do not have them and will not put them on the show room floor, special order only.

it's a niche car and with all the EPA regulations and the competitors choosing FI options over large displacement it is going to continue to be a hard sell.
and you're in a warm weather state too.
Old 01-05-16, 10:58 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
and you're in a warm weather state too.

yup and I have only ever seen 1 other "F" on the road in the past 3 months.

I have seen several RC-350s, but not F's.

I will say though, that the people that know what it is have nothing but compliments, those that don't know what it is have lots of questions..

but it is a niche car, so sales will be soft, hopefully Lexus doesn't kill it off and sink the value of it in doing so.
Old 01-05-16, 10:59 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Yup, one of the Chicago dealers already has a bunch of 2016 RC Fs in stock, along with their 2015s, which are not moving. They are in a real mess.

Not many Normally Aspirated V8s out there...RC F owners sort of stand alone with the American muscle car owners.
Old 01-05-16, 11:01 AM
MrPLP
Driver School Candidate

Not sure about leases, I was just looking at purchasing.
Thanks. Any word on the MF and residual for these 2015s?
Old 01-05-16, 11:51 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Yup, one of the Chicago dealers already has a bunch of 2016 RC Fs in stock, along with their 2015s, which are not moving. They are in a real mess.

Not many Normally Aspirated V8s out there...RC F owners sort of stand alone with the American muscle car owners.

yeah and for the $70k - $80k price of the RCF you can get a Corvette or a Hell Cat.

and for $50K or less you can get a:

Challenger SRT
Charger SRT
Camaro SS
Mustang GT

while they do not have the refinement and quality of the Lexus, most people looking for big v8 power don't care about such things, they want big power and the ability to bolt on mods to make it faster.

If Lexus opened the ECU on the RCF for a major aftermarket of go-fast parts they might actually see a lot more movement of the model.

I wanted out of the box power and quality, I have no intention of modding, which as I said puts me into a niche group.

After having only ever owned American cars (I've had an SRT, Mustang, and Camaro in the last 15 years), I personally have had enough of the poor quality and spending half the life of ownership at a dealer getting warranty work done.
Old 01-05-16, 12:28 PM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I gave up on American cars after buying a new at the time, 1985 Toyota Supra. What a revelation after years driving Olds 442's.

Zero problems with the RC F. It's such a pleasure to drive, even at slower speeds.
Old 01-06-16, 02:29 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah and for the $70k - $80k price of the RCF you can get a Corvette or a Hell Cat.

and for $50K or less you can get a:

Challenger SRT
Charger SRT
Camaro SS
Mustang GT

while they do not have the refinement and quality of the Lexus, most people looking for big v8 power don't care about such things, they want big power and the ability to bolt on mods to make it faster.

If Lexus opened the ECU on the RCF for a major aftermarket of go-fast parts they might actually see a lot more movement of the model.

I wanted out of the box power and quality, I have no intention of modding, which as I said puts me into a niche group.

After having only ever owned American cars (I've had an SRT, Mustang, and Camaro in the last 15 years), I personally have had enough of the poor quality and spending half the life of ownership at a dealer getting warranty work done.
You nailed it on the head........if the ECU's were unlocked, there would be a helluva lot more RCF's on the streets. I pondered hard before I bought the RCF (I was days away from buying a GT 5.0 or GT350 because the aftermarket industry is nuts) but at the end of the day I love Lexus/Toyota and the refinement was more important to me than 707hp and a huge GAS TAX.
Old 01-06-16, 04:03 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Red face

I'm very concerned about the future of the RCF... A lot of people dont know what the RC350 is, let alone RCF. I guess Lexus debuted the RCF too early. They should have done is about 1-2 years or so after the RC350.
Old 01-06-16, 04:43 PM
SethNaga
Rookie

Which Customer RC F is targeted? It is a 8 cylinder Luxury sports car with poor mileage. I would love to buy RCF and use it as a 'daily driven car to office' if I get a better mileage. For me, RC 350 will serve the purpose.

Quick Reply: $5K promotion on 2015 RCF through Lexus Finance