RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

$5K promotion on 2015 RCF through Lexus Finance

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 04:55 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
I'm very concerned about the future of the RCF... A lot of people dont know what the RC350 is, let alone RCF. I guess Lexus debuted the RCF too early. They should have done is about 1-2 years or so after the RC350.
My personal opinion is that the RC350 looks too much like the RCF, and since there's a huge price difference between the two models, most people are happy with the RC350 (which puzzles me because I think the V8 is underpowered for our heavy car, I can only imagine how sluggish the V6 that they've carried over since 2006 is with no bump in power and no weight reduction).

I mean the colors are identical between both cars, so outside of the front fascia, rear fascia and hood scoop you really can't visually differentiate the two models from the outside.

RCF should have come with some "only RCF colors" to differentiate the models at a minimum.
Old 01-06-16, 04:57 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SethNaga
Which Customer RC F is targeted? It is a 8 cylinder Luxury sports car with poor mileage. I would love to buy RCF and use it as a 'daily driven car to office' if I get a better mileage. For me, RC 350 will serve the purpose.
I get 18-19 mpg which is better than my V6 4Runner by 2-3mpg and I gained 167 more hp in the RCF. What mpg are you 350 guys getting?
Old 01-06-16, 04:58 PM
jezwashere
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine just before new years and got $3k help from Lexus Financial Services. But I was able to push the price down pretty hard because of year end (31st of December to be exact).
Old 01-06-16, 05:00 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
I get 18-19 mpg which is better than my V6 4Runner by 2-3mpg and I gained 167 more hp in the RCF. What mpg are you 350 guys getting?
I get less MPG than that on my RC350 but I mainly do city driving and my foot likes the throttle pedal. On the freeway I can get about 25 MPG.
Old 01-06-16, 05:03 PM
SethNaga
Rookie

I don't have RC 350, I am shopping now. May be consider RC F if I could negotiate the price and see what the impact of mileage difference

Sound like this is a good time to negotiate .C F prices
Old 01-06-16, 05:07 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

I don't have RC 350, I am shopping now. May be consider RC F if I could negotiate the price and see what the impact of mileage difference

Sound like this is a good time to negotiate .C F prices
If you can afford an RCF then do it. You'll regret getting a RC350 if you want power because the RC350 is gutless.
Old 01-06-16, 05:14 PM
SethNaga
Rookie

Yes I can afford it. I was looking at Brand new Boxster S at 75K. Little high price for me, so was looking RC 350

Any idea, how much I can negotiate on RC F? MSRP is 72K. Fully loaded is 78K. I don't lease it, but buy it outright.

If you can afford an RCF then do it. You'll regret getting a RC350 if you want power because the RC350 is gutless.
Old 01-06-16, 05:17 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Yes I can afford it. I was looking at Brand new Boxster S at 75K. Little high price for me, so was looking RC 350

Any idea, how much I can negotiate on RC F? MSRP is 72K. Fully loaded is 78K. I don't lease it, but buy it outright.
I paid $69,000 for mine (non-carbon or tvd version)
Old 01-06-16, 05:45 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts
Arrow

My personal opinion is that the RC350 looks too much like the RCF, and since there's a huge price difference between the two models, most people are happy with the RC350 (which puzzles me because I think the V8 is underpowered for our heavy car, I can only imagine how sluggish the V6 that they've carried over since 2006 is with no bump in power and no weight reduction).

I mean the colors are identical between both cars, so outside of the front fascia, rear fascia and hood scoop you really can't visually differentiate the two models from the outside.

RCF should have come with some "only RCF colors" to differentiate the models at a minimum.
Agreed... The RCF is very heavy when compared to other cars like the BMW M4, and yes your right, they should have made some RCF colors only. It is indeed very hard to differentiate between the RC305 and the F (Front/Back are different) rest is almost the same.

Originally Posted by jezwashere
I bought mine just before new years and got $3k help from Lexus Financial Services. But I was able to push the price down pretty hard because of year end (31st of December to be exact).
That is the same day i bought my RCF, and I was able to get about $10k+ off MSRP (that includes the $3K rebate from Lexus)

Agreed! I originally wanted to get the RCF350 and when i drive it, it was like yeah... OK, nothing extraordinary, and felt a bit heavy. When i drove the RCF i was like Oh Hell yeah! That was it! LOL

On Average you should be able to get $10K off MSRP, anything over than that is a good deal

Last edited by finny76; 01-06-16 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-06-16, 05:51 PM
SethNaga
Rookie

Thanks. I am going to think seriously on RC F
Old 01-06-16, 07:20 PM
Santanas
Rookie

Which Customer RC F is targeted? It is a 8 cylinder Luxury sports car with poor mileage. I would love to buy RCF and use it as a 'daily driven car to office' if I get a better mileage. For me, RC 350 will serve the purpose.
I used to have an RC350 which gave me 300/miles per tank, now I have an RCF and I get 285/miles per tank...overall 15 miles lost in gas but totally worth it!
Old 01-06-16, 07:22 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Santanas
I used to have an RC350 which gave me 300/miles per tank, now I have an RCF and I get 285/miles per tank...overall 15 miles lost in gas but totally worth it!
+1

Thanks. I am going to think seriously on RC F

Good choice! BTW... Now is the BEST time to afford an RC F because next year you wont be getting these ridiculous discounts that Lexus are offering. They pushed out too many RCFs in the market and now are having a hard time to push them out. I'm sure they wont do this is 2016.
Old 01-06-16, 07:36 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
Good choice! BTW... Now is the BEST time to afford an RC F because next year you wont be getting these ridiculous discounts that Lexus are offering. They pushed out too many RCFs in the market and now are having a hard time to push them out. I'm sure they wont do this is 2016.
AGREED. I have been dead set in picking up an RCF for the past month and I had a buyer lined up for my RC350 but the takeover process was dragging on and so I got over it a few days ago and I'm just keeping the RC350. I will probably stick with the original plan and buy a GTR after my lease is up next April.

NOW IS DEFINITELY THE TIME TO BUY A 2015 RCF
Old 01-06-16, 08:36 PM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

IMHO, the RC F is targeted at those who want a sports car that is capable of sub-5 second 0-60, with Lexus quality, and who like the look of the Lexus spindle grille, etc. I think the RC 350 has killer looks, just does not perform as well as the RC F.
Old 01-06-16, 08:38 PM
SethNaga
Rookie

I am surprised to read Fuel Pump issues in RCF that many reported here.

Originally Posted by omnikey
IMHO, the RC F is targeted at those who want a sports car that is capable of sub-5 second 0-60, with Lexus quality, and who like the look of the Lexus spindle grille, etc. I think the RC 350 has killer looks, just does not perform as well as the RC F.

Quick Reply: $5K promotion on 2015 RCF through Lexus Finance