RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Airflow from vents when fan off

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-15, 11:47 AM
AKA5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airflow from vents when fan off

Has anyone noticed this or do I have a flaw? When I turn the AC or heater fan off and I'm driving I have constant air flow coming out the vents, super annoying
Old 10-25-15, 01:36 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I've noticed it before, but just shut your vents off & that should stop it .
Old 10-25-15, 02:29 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Make sure the circulation is set for indoor and not outdoor.
Old 10-25-15, 03:37 PM
AKA5
Driver School Candidate

^ yup that was the issue lol, thank you
Old 10-25-15, 06:07 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
Make sure the circulation is set for indoor and not outdoor.
Lol, i learned something here too i didn't realize there's an indoor & outdoor setting Thanks kareem
Old 10-25-15, 11:34 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

It's called 'fresh' and 'recirc'. I'd leave it in 'fresh' when shutting the car off, especially when hot. I almost always have it in 'fresh', to get air from outside... but put it in foot mode in winter. Even when the HVAC is off, the incoming air is heated (if needed) to the previously set temperature. That way, you hardly ever need to turn the fan on, which saves in wear and tear. Many cars do NOT have that feature, and need to turn HVAC on if you want any airflow.
Old 10-27-15, 07:16 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My air has been blowing warm air when the AC isn't running, despite which setting (refresh or recirc) which is weird.....
Old 10-28-15, 10:19 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by toystry
My air has been blowing warm air when the AC isn't running, despite which setting (refresh or recirc) which is weird.....
The only bad part about this car is HVAC needs to be ON to set it in either fresh or recirc. Leave it in recirc, shut off HVAC, and you shouldn't get anything. But to be honest, haven't tried that yet. Let me try it to make sure it's not a car's 'feature'. Most cars automatically shut off fresh to recirc when HVAC is off (regardless of setting)... and I HATE that. Really doubt Lexus is the other way, but could be. If that was the case, I wouldn't mind since I always like air in my hands. But if it's too much, switch the mode to panel and floor, to diminish the flow. Or if you just don't want any from the panel, switch it to floor at the temp you like. You might get a little from the side vents, but point them to the side or something. Will let you know what my car does when I drive it again (should be tomorrow).
Old 10-29-15, 09:50 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
The only bad part about this car is HVAC needs to be ON to set it in either fresh or recirc. Leave it in recirc, shut off HVAC, and you shouldn't get anything. But to be honest, haven't tried that yet. Let me try it to make sure it's not a car's 'feature'. Most cars automatically shut off fresh to recirc when HVAC is off (regardless of setting)... and I HATE that. Really doubt Lexus is the other way, but could be. If that was the case, I wouldn't mind since I always like air in my hands. But if it's too much, switch the mode to panel and floor, to diminish the flow. Or if you just don't want any from the panel, switch it to floor at the temp you like. You might get a little from the side vents, but point them to the side or something. Will let you know what my car does when I drive it again (should be tomorrow).

You can have it on fresh with the HVAC off, it's nice when it's cold out and you want heat, what I do is set it to what temp air I want, turn it to fresh then shut it off, also it does the same sorta thing with the AC.

If it's nice out say 75 and your car has been sitting and this motor is always hot as hell and you get that nice hot fresh air coming in turn on the AC 1-2 min set it to whatever temp you want then turn it off, I found it keep the air a better temp that way because if they motor is hot unless it's 50 or less out your going to get hot air.
Old 10-29-15, 09:51 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
Turn the temp down and then shut it off, it seems to keep the temp setting even when off. or read my above post, this motor puts out so much heat I have had to run the ac 1-2 min to get the vent temp down then I shut it off.
Old 10-30-15, 12:13 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
You can have it on fresh with the HVAC off, it's nice when it's cold out and you want heat, what I do is set it to what temp air I want, turn it to fresh then shut it off,
That's exactly what I always do in cars that allow fresh when off. I said in on my previous post from the above one. Here in hot TX you need A/C all the time. But in late fall, winter, and early spring, I rarely turn the fan on. In fresh, with the car moving, it provides plenty of air. What I said is if you need to change any setting (temp, airflow distribution, fresh/recirc), you need to turn the system on, adjust whatever you need, then shut it off, and the settings will remain, even when you turn the engine off. Nice. What I haven't tried is to put the system in recirc, shut it off, and see if it holds there. Maybe recirc mode needs vacuum to hold the vents closed, and requires HVAC to be on. That's probably what happens with cars that when HVAC is off, recirc is automatically engaged due to loss of vacuum. I'll test it next time I drive the car (it's been raining here). But bottom line is this car's HVAC behaves exactly the way I like.