RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Brake squeeking issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-15, 06:00 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

brianlai, what part of Texas are you in? I got mine in Shreveport, that's just this side of Texas! WELCOME to the RCF Family by the Way

Last edited by johnnyreb; 10-02-15 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-03-15, 05:42 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting that so many have the brake sqeal issue. I had some sqeal during the first couple hundred miles, but it went away. I drove the car very, very easy for the first 500 or so miles. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I sold cars for 21 years and some of those cars used Brembos. Yes...it's a fact that they are known to have potential sqeal issues. The brake dust is normal for a high performance brake pad. Just gotta deal with it. I will, however, when it comes time for replacement, look into those Carbotech pads that are mentioned above
Old 10-03-15, 07:16 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

6k on my car and it's better now, when it gets bad I just hit the fronts with a hose and it's clears it up, when cold of course
Old 10-07-15, 09:08 AM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
^^^^This is Exactly what i did also, but haven't put them on yet. I went to a tire/wheel shop last week that does a lot of work on my cars but they ended up calling me back & telling me i would most likely have to take them to the dealership to do this. They said they didn't have any info on the RCF & all of the sensors etc... that goes on the them (& they have all the computerized machines). They were scared that when they got it apart that they wouldn't be able to put it back without me having CEL issues! I was going to get them to do my pads & paint my calipers red all at the same time. I DON'T want to take it to the dealership just because it's a DEALERSHIP & it's almost 100 miles away. RAMAIR what kind of shop did yours? Thanks
GET THIS, just got off the phone with lexus of shreveport/bossier city & they told me that they DON'T replace brake pads with any other brand other than lexus. Just got the Carbotech pads to Stop the brake dusk/squealing issues & she said they can only replace them with lexus brake pads, i asked her WHY would i want to replace them with the SAME pads that i'm wanting REPLACED because of the 2 issues mentioned? she said they couldn't Guarantee another brake pad & i told her i Don't need them to Guarantee them that Carbotech would Guarantee them That's pretty Sad now after spending $467 for a Well KNOWN brake pad & i Can't even get them put on Whoever said lexus is Aware of this problem apparently forgot to tell lexus of shreveport/bossier city
Old 10-08-15, 05:24 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GET THIS, just got off the phone with lexus of shreveport/bossier city & they told me that they DON'T replace brake pads with any other brand other than lexus. Just got the Carbotech pads to Stop the brake dusk/squealing issues & she said they can only replace them with lexus brake pads, i asked her WHY would i want to replace them with the SAME pads that i'm wanting REPLACED because of the 2 issues mentioned? she said they couldn't Guarantee another brake pad & i told her i Don't need them to Guarantee them that Carbotech would Guarantee them That's pretty Sad now after spending $467 for a Well KNOWN brake pad & i Can't even get them put on Whoever said lexus is Aware of this problem apparently forgot to tell lexus of shreveport/bossier city
It is just a matter of liability. You can get their alternate pad at no cost, but you still need to sign a waiver. It's just business in the auto industry.
Old 10-08-15, 10:22 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by ISF001
It is just a matter of liability. You can get their alternate pad at no cost, but you still need to sign a waiver. It's just business in the auto industry.
Thanks, so they'll change out their alternate pad at No Cost? I just wonder if all the Lexus Dealerships are doing this without any questions because they know it's been an issue on the RCF's? Is their Alternate Pad going to cut down on the Brake Dust issue too
Old 10-09-15, 05:41 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, so they'll change out their alternate pad at No Cost? I just wonder if all the Lexus Dealerships are doing this without any questions because they know it's been an issue on the RCF's? Is their Alternate Pad going to cut down on the Brake Dust issue too
With regard to the brake dust, I do not know.

This is a no cost replacement to my knowledge.

I am sticking with the Brembo pads as I like the braking experience at speed and have little concern about the occasional squeaking at a light.
Old 10-09-15, 06:44 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by ISF001
With regard to the brake dust, I do not know.

This is a no cost replacement to my knowledge.

I am sticking with the Brembo pads as I like the braking experience at speed and have little concern about the occasional squeaking at a light.
Thanks ISF, well i Finally got someone to put my CarboTech Pads on AND Paint my Calipers! My Bodyshop guy that's done a lot of different things on my cars over the years other than just painting & detailing them. He's done everything from motor work to installing wings & spoilers, etc... so we'll see how it turns out after i get back from out of town next week