RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Swift Spring install, fronts only or all four?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 06:29 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Swift Spring install, fronts only or all four?

I will have my Swift springs arriving early next week, thanks ModinJapan, and I have been going back and forth on whether or not to do just the fronts, or if I should install the full set. There aren’t too many pictures yet of our cars lowered, but a few that I have seen, make the rear look like its sitting a little too low. Just looking at the car, I think a 1.4” drop that the Swift fronts deliver would be a perfect stance, for me.

To be honest, I had never seen any application where people went this direction, until the ISF. It seems a good number of ISF owners only install the fronts, and are quite happy in doing so. So far, I only see that ISFast is the first to document doing the fronts only on the RC F, he seemed pleased with it.

I am mainly looking for opinions or feedback on doing the front springs only vs the four. Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Old 08-27-15, 06:44 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

i also want to lower the front of mine. The rear only needs to be dropped .75 in my opinion
Old 08-27-15, 06:59 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You usually need a different drop spring front vs back. Back is always dropped less.
Old 08-27-15, 10:04 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Lexus screwed up with that; car doesn't look good lifted that much in the front indeed. But if you're going to change the spring rate (need to do that when lowering the car, so it doesn't bottom out as easy), need to change all 4, or you're going to mess up the handling IMO. But yes, I wouldn't drop the back nearly as much as the front. You just need to find a full set of springs that lowers the car what you want. I don't want the ride any harder, so will probably live with the 4x4 look in the front. Good luck.
Old 08-27-15, 11:09 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Lexus screwed up with that; car doesn't look good lifted that much in the front indeed. But if you're going to change the spring rate (need to do that when lowering the car, so it doesn't bottom out as easy), need to change all 4, or you're going to mess up the handling IMO. But yes, I wouldn't drop the back nearly as much as the front. You just need to find a full set of springs that lowers the car what you want. I don't want the ride any harder, so will probably live with the 4x4 look in the front. Good luck.
I will most likely go with some coilovers down the road, when more are available. Until then I won't be doing much in terms of tracking.
Here is the ISF thread on fronts only for reference. Mostly positively results and feedback.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...done-this.html