RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-15, 10:03 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nah, its alright. It was a great car when I got it, was in the right price range for me at 25 years old. Just grew out of it.

I have it up for sale, will probably consider demodding some of it as time progresses and use it to buy parts for the RC-F. Just depends what the market does. The VP of my dealership is looking at a trade in price as I told them I'd rather just be lazy and trade it than go through the selling process again.
Old 09-04-15, 04:34 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Welp...

Feel I should update this with my path forward to close it out....

After speaking with 2-3 Lexus Dealers (focusing on my local one), along with 10-15 Nissan Dealers, with all the low balling trades and poor pricing "availability", I have decided to go my original route and will go forward with the heavy rebuild on the Camaro. I'm going to go with cam, heads, manifold, and gears. The preliminary estimate is this will result in approximately 520rwhp per my engine builder (who had the 2nd faster 5th gen Camaro in North America up till 2011).

I appreciate all of your comments and assistance as I contemplated my decisions.

Also, figure since I'm pretty much done paying off the Camaro, 2018 is a refresh period for the Jaguar F-Type, which I have been in love with since the day I first saw it. Saw a R at the Pittsburgh Autoshow in orange this past year and it pretty much sold me. Considering that a GT-R is $107k (take a minute and think of that compared to the $69k it was in the first model year....), the Jaguar F-Type R is $110k (excluding the carbon brakes) and it is SIGNIFICANTLY more luxurious, 550hp supercharged V8 (low end torque!), dealership experience is much better at a luxury company compared to an economy brand (I'm not sure how Rahal is compared to my local Lexus dealer who has treated me fantastic for the most part, and I found Nissan dealers in general to be inconsiderate ******....), and Nissan reliability isn't much better than Jaguar. In my mind, its a better all around buy. Plus, 5/60 free maintenance (2016...been on the car since 2014...so I figure they will probably still have it when I'm looking in 2018. Not a selling point, but certainly a perk) So will probably try to add a F-Type to the stable in 2018ish.

Again, I thank you all for your input and advice. Enjoy your RC-Fs! I'll still float around in the shadows, but that's probably it. See ya!
Old 09-04-15, 07:46 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Welp...

After speaking with 2-3 Lexus Dealers (focusing on my local one), along with 10-15 Nissan Dealers, with all the low balling trades and poor pricing "availability", I have decided to go my original route and will go forward with the heavy rebuild on the Camaro. I'm going to go with cam, heads, manifold, and gears. The preliminary estimate is this will result in approximately 520rwhp per my engine builder (who had the 2nd faster 5th gen Camaro in North America up till 2011).

I appreciate all of your comments and assistance as I contemplated my decisions.

Also, figure since I'm pretty much done paying off the Camaro, 2018 is a refresh period for the Jaguar F-Type, which I have been in love with since the day I first saw it. Saw a R at the Pittsburgh Autoshow in orange this past year and it pretty much sold me. Considering that a GT-R is $107k (take a minute and think of that compared to the $69k it was in the first model year....), the Jaguar F-Type R is $110k (excluding the carbon brakes) and it is SIGNIFICANTLY more luxurious, 550hp supercharged V8 (low end torque!), dealership experience is much better at a luxury company compared to an economy brand (I'm not sure how Rahal is compared to my local Lexus dealer who has treated me fantastic for the most part, and I found Nissan dealers in general to be inconsiderate ******....), and Nissan reliability isn't much better than Jaguar. In my mind, its a better all around buy. Plus, 5/60 free maintenance (2016...been on the car since 2014...so I figure they will probably still have it when I'm looking in 2018. Not a selling point, but certainly a perk) So will probably try to add a F-Type to the stable in 2018ish.

Again, I thank you all for your input and advice. Enjoy your RC-Fs! I'll still float around in the shadows, but that's probably it. See ya!
Good luck with your build! I'll probably see you around. Who knows, but maybe the RC-FS will come out and change your mind!
Old 09-04-15, 10:20 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Welp...

Best of luck on the build. I am sure it will be a wicked fast car when you are done. I am with you on the Jag, one of the best looking/sounding cars that have come out in a long time. I am sure it will be unbelievable as a 2018 model. Take care!
Old 09-09-15, 01:42 PM
Adubs007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New poster here. I chose the RCF over the 911 Carrera 4, F-type S, and the M4. All of them had a different driving experience. MSRP was around 76k with everything except the performance package. I ended up a little over 71. I was content with that deal as the dealership is literally 2 blocks from my office. The porter comes and gets my car when I text them, they hand wash it for free and return it to my parking spot. The dealer also stores my rims and winter tires for free since this is my daily driver and I'm in the Chicago area. I got those at cost as I really don't want to kill myself in snow. RWD and good blizzaks are fine for snow in case you are wondering. The use case for that is my boss is still alive in his M5 with that setup and he drives a good 20 miles more daily than myself. The key is how you drive. Know your conditions.

Honestly at this price point you should be OK with a good deal you are comfortable with. if you care about 1k here or there get a lesser vehicle that doesn't stretch your budget. I was able to test drive the RCF and the M4 at 130 mph and coming form a luxury ride to a sports coupe I liked the feeling of not potentially going out of control at every goose of the gas I had in the M4. It just wasn't for me at this point. After all it is still a Lexus inside.

I went with the Molten Pearl and the dealership only had 2 vehicles as is typical in the Midwest. I've only seen a handful around at each dealership I shopped. True story, my sales person applied to work at my company. Apparently he too wants to buy an RCF.