RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

ok.. just an observation...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 03:09 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by kareemRCF
Your statement about toyota/lexus not selling is incorrect, maybe in your side of the world.

He specifically mentioned Lexus, not Toyota.
Old 07-27-15, 03:27 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
He specifically mentioned Lexus, not Toyota.
more specifically....the Lexus RC-F. not sure where all the rest of that stuff came from...
Old 07-27-15, 05:21 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
If I purchase a LF-LC year one when its fresh and the best thing since sliced bread, why would I care by if Lexus fails to upgrade it 3 or 5 years later to keep up with the competition? I already bought mine and I will most likely already have a different car or brand 3 or so years later. Variety is the spice if life and a Maserati Gran Turismo is actually kind of appealing to me at the moment.

I say good luck to Lexus and hope they can successfully remarket the brand. If they don't and their cars become stagnant, I will just opt for a different brand.

Be interesting to see if Lexus puts out the RC-FS as rumored. Lighter and 600 hp would be enticing.
Precisely my view...spice of life. At the moment, I am enjoying the ride. Bring on the next one.
Old 07-27-15, 10:40 PM
kareemRCF
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
more specifically....the Lexus RC-F. not sure where all the rest of that stuff came from...
in our side of the world, 1 ///M car is being sold for every 15 RCFs.

i'm not trying to argue with you, but you are assuming that every market is like the US market.

BMWs are overpriced here, 100k++ for a M4?! Come on.
Old 07-28-15, 03:31 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

in our side of the world, 1 ///M car is being sold for every 15 RCFs.

i'm not trying to argue with you, but you are assuming that every market is like the US market.

BMWs are overpriced here, 100k++ for a M4?! Come on.
Is there some kinda literature that backs up your claims of 15:1 RCF to M4. That really just seems unbelievable. Especially since you're 'only' talking about at $30k tariff on the price of the car in the states.

Hell...there are people buying them in Singapore while paying close to $300k USD. So $100k isn't that big of a deal...
Old 07-28-15, 06:18 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

Is there some kinda literature that backs up your claims of 15:1 RCF to M4. That really just seems unbelievable. Especially since you're 'only' talking about at $30k tariff on the price of the car in the states.

Hell...there are people buying them in Singapore while paying close to $300k USD. So $100k isn't that big of a deal...
nobody wants a BMW here, especially ///Ms.. prices are high, maintenance is expensive, insurance is expensive. Everyone knows that BMWs are such sweet machines out of the factory but as soon as the issues start it is non stop.

I''ve had friends working as sales advisors in BMW, specifically the ///M division and they sell 2 cars per year.

I also have friends with brand new M5s and M6s with broken engines and different issues on 1 year old cars.

Now, let us talk some math.

Mid Nov 2014
1 blue M4 parked at the bmw dealer.
2 white RCF, 1 Blue, 1 silver, 2 red, 2 orange at the lexus dealer
By end of the week, all RCFs were sold and the m4 stayed where it was.

Dec 2014
Second batch of RCFs came in, all booked and sold

Jan 2015
3rd batch of RCFs came in, all booked and sold

and the same story goes on & on... I think the blue M4 was sold last month, and there is 1 white RCF at the dealer parked
Old 07-28-15, 06:20 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

and by the way, I didn't literally mean 15 RCFs to 1 M4..

I meant it's a very high number, probably even more because lexus in the middle east tops anything else in sales
Old 07-28-15, 06:39 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

and by the way, I didn't literally mean 15 RCFs to 1 M4..

I meant it's a very high number, probably even more because lexus in the middle east tops anything else in sales

So you made it up. Thanx... 😏

And yes...I can only speak to what i SEE where I live. But I live in Atlanta. One of the biggest markets for expensive cars in a country that is one of the biggest markets for expensive cars in the world. I have seen ONE RCF in the wild. I saw 3 M4s on SATURDAY. Not 15:1 but....

And that's not to denigrate the F in any way. I was simply responding to the hyperbole of "10x the Lexus stares..." Hell...I see less that 1 ISF per month, on average. If that...
Old 07-28-15, 07:13 AM
kareemRCF
Driver

And yes...I can only speak to what i SEE where I live. But I live in Atlanta. One of the biggest markets for expensive cars in a country that is one of the biggest markets for expensive cars in the world. I have seen ONE RCF in the wild. I saw 3 M4s on SATURDAY. Not 15:1 but....

And that's not to denigrate the F in any way. I was simply responding to the hyperbole of "10x the Lexus stares..." Hell...I see less that 1 ISF per month, on average. If that...
LOL, dude.. I probably even underestimated the sales of the RCF vs the M4.

and if you read my posts carefully, not one of my posts stated this is better than that!

We know the m4 is lighter, we know the m4 is faster, but we don't all agree it's the better buy.

Have a nice day.
Old 07-28-15, 08:26 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

He knows that you are U. S. based and you don't have to boast that you are in Atlanta. Kareem is just telling us what is happening in his side of the world which I find very interesting be it about Lexus or Toyota. And I am an American based in the midwest..LOL
Old 07-28-15, 08:35 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
He knows that you are U. S. based and you don't have to boast that you are in Atlanta. Kareem is just telling us what is happening in his side of the world which I find very interesting be it about Lexus or Toyota. And I am an American based in the midwest..LOL
trust me....im not 'boasting' that i live in atlanta.
Old 07-28-15, 09:03 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nobody wants a BMW here, especially ///Ms.. prices are high, maintenance is expensive, insurance is expensive. Everyone knows that BMWs are such sweet machines out of the factory but as soon as the issues start it is non stop.

I''ve had friends working as sales advisors in BMW, specifically the ///M division and they sell 2 cars per year.

I also have friends with brand new M5s and M6s with broken engines and different issues on 1 year old cars.

Now, let us talk some math.

Mid Nov 2014
2 white RCF, 1 Blue, 1 silver, 2 red, 2 orange at the lexus dealer
By end of the week, all RCFs were sold and the m4 stayed where it was.

Dec 2014
Second batch of RCFs came in, all booked and sold

Jan 2015
3rd batch of RCFs came in, all booked and sold

and the same story goes on & on... I think the blue M4 was sold last month, and there is 1 white RCF at the dealer parked
You'd think that some of this 'reliability' hyperbole would be dampened by the ever growing fuel pump thread. Yeah you may have a nicer time at the Lexus dealer but.....
Old 07-28-15, 09:37 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
You'd think that some of this 'reliability' hyperbole would be dampened by the ever growing fuel pump thread. Yeah you may have a nicer time at the Lexus dealer but.....
HAHA...

Hyperbole? I'll wage my bet on the reliability/dependability of the RC F over the competition (M4, C63, and RS5) any day of the week. This is the 2015 JD Power Survey results for dependability based on responses from 34,000 owners:

Highest-Ranked Nameplates and Models Lexus ranks highest in vehicle dependability among all nameplates for a fourth consecutive year, with a score of 89 PP100.

Buick (110 PP100) follows Lexus in the rankings, moving up three rank positions from 2014. Following Buick in the rankings are Toyota (111 PP100), Cadillac (114 PP100), and Honda and Porsche in a tie (116 PP100 each).

Notable rank improvements from 2014 include Scion (121 PP100), improving by 13 rank positions from 2014; Ram (134 PP100), improving 11 rank positions; and Mitsubishi (140 PP100), improving 10 rank positions.

General Motors Company and Toyota Motor Corporation each receive seven segment awards. GM models receiving an award include the Buick LaCrosse; Chevrolet Camaro; Chevrolet Malibu; Chevrolet Silverado HD; GMC Sierra LD; GMC Terrain; and GMC Yukon. Toyota awardees include the Lexus ES; Lexus GX; Scion tC; Scion xB; Scion xD; Toyota Corolla; and Toyota Sienna. The 2015 U.S.

See more at: http://www.jdpower.com/press-release....Qvu7R761.dpuf

Unfortunately German is OFTEN synonymous with lots of "maintenance" and denial of equipment failures. Anyone who has owned or owns a German car knows that. The problem is the dealerships will repeated tell you the frequent "maintenance" is normal for the cars--one big crock of balderdash.

My buddy just bought the Mercedes S600 sedan for $120,000--about mid range price for the variants of this car. They are arguing with him about intermittent problems with the air cooled and heated seats and a visually warped bumper on the car--incredible in my view. All of my friends with Mercedes CONSTANTLY find themselves imbued in arguments with the service managers about defects and failures. My BMW experience was horrendous and not worth reopening in this forum.

In all my years with Lexus and my 4 prior cars, I have never had any major issues, and what issues I found were promptly corrected. This may not be typical of all Lexus dealers, but my dealer is exceptional and I am certain there are many more out there doing the same thing.

No brand is perfect, and I can't speak to Porsche as I have not owned one, but I'll put my bucks down on Japanese any day of the week.

And then there is Italian.... I love 'em, but...
Old 07-28-15, 10:14 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

BMW M cars have a huge following built up over many years. I have a friend who has purchased just about every model since the first one back in the 80s, which is still my favorite.

Same as when the new 911 models come out, M owners flock to dealers to purchase the new models and the M4 is a heck of a car and a substantial upgrade in l
Old 07-28-15, 10:42 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Based on the 1 guy that I know that is in to cars and opted for the RC350 over the RC-F and his words were

"Its a really nice car and I really like the lexus styling but why would i pay an extra 20 grand for only 100 more hp that I cant tune, rather just keep it as a nice coupe DD"

Quick Reply: ok.. just an observation...