RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Kinda regretting not springing for the RCF...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-15, 09:20 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kinda regretting not springing for the RCF...

So I've had my White on red RC 350 F Sport for about two months now with roughly 2200 miles on it... and I'm just not happy with the power output. I traded in my 370z for the RC and even though they're almost the same power output, the weight of the RC really takes a lot out of it.

I paid $48k before TTL, and around $51k after TTL. I wonder how much of a hit I would get for trading it in...
Old 06-19-15, 09:36 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by equalme

So I've had my White on red RC 350 F Sport for about two months now with roughly 2200 miles on it... and I'm just not happy with the power output. I traded in my 370z for the RC and even though they're almost the same power output, the weight of the RC really takes a lot out of it.

I paid $48k before TTL, and around $51k after TTL. I wonder how much of a hit I would get for trading it in...
Just go back to the dealer and see if you can work a deal. Presume that the car would be priced like a demo. I suspect that you would loose $5-7K.
Old 06-20-15, 05:46 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Old 06-20-15, 10:22 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Given the amount of depreciation on the RC, its not going to look pretty if you try to trade it in. But, if you aren't happy then do what makes you happy and go for the RC-F.
Old 06-20-15, 11:25 AM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I would wait until the 2016s come out. Most dealers have been sitting on their RCFs for a few months. When they get over 3 RCFs they are more willing to deal. You car is not going depreciate too much more between now and when the 2016s are coming out. If you go in now, they will sell you the RC F like it is a brand new car. Try to get that down and you will get a better deal.

I know from experience. I did the exact same thing you are thinking. I lost around 10K despite I got both cars 3 - 4 grand below invoice. I had a trade in when I first bought the RC 350. I basically lost that in my transition to the RC F. I love my new RC F (Chloe is her name). Though there a few negatives. The ride is pretty taught for daily use and gas mileage blows. The RC 350 is a dream in both of those categories. Using the eco-mode, the RC F is very tame but not lethargic like the RC350 eco-mode. It is true what the forums say. when you put it an RC F in sport +, the car becomes a killer. The beast is unleashed and it is crazy amount fun.
Old 06-20-15, 12:45 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by aginnt
I would wait until the 2016s come out. Most dealers have been sitting on their RCFs for a few months. When they get over 3 RCFs they are more willing to deal. You car is not going depreciate too much more between now and when the 2016s are coming out. If you go in now, they will sell you the RC F like it is a brand new car. Try to get that down and you will get a better deal.

I know from experience. I did the exact same thing you are thinking. I lost around 10K despite I got both cars 3 - 4 grand below invoice. I had a trade in when I first bought the RC 350. I basically lost that in my transition to the RC F. I love my new RC F (Chloe is her name). Though there a few negatives. The ride is pretty taught for daily use and gas mileage blows. The RC 350 is a dream in both of those categories. Using the eco-mode, the RC F is very tame but not lethargic like the RC350 eco-mode. It is true what the forums say. when you put it an RC F in sport +, the car becomes a killer. The beast is unleashed and it is crazy amount fun.
Yikes! That's crazy!
Old 06-20-15, 01:23 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just get a GT-R.
Old 06-20-15, 02:09 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee
Just get a GT-R.
Solid post, lots of value added here.
Old 06-20-15, 04:11 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Lol, gotta love the internet. Out of the wood work they come . . .

I would check with the dealer. Lexus seems to be pretty good about taking in low milage cars with no history . . . at least they do getting closer to ends of lease and etc. Why wait. Worth a shot. Go ask them. If the deal sucks, walk away. Nothing lost but an hour r so of your time.
Old 06-20-15, 05:15 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by aginnt

There you Go, Someone who's been there & Done it! Hopefully, you can get your Dealership to work with you for a lil' better deal though! I've never been in a Sport so i couldn't compare but i think you'll LOVE the RCF! GL Equalme & Keep us informed!
Old 06-20-15, 05:33 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
*ERROR 404* User unable to comprehend sarcasm. *ERROR 404*
Old 06-20-15, 09:42 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The best offer I got was $43.5k trade-in and I paid around invoice $48.5k for it. But I also dropped about $2k for full clear bra and tint...so around a $7k hit.

I test drove the RCF and it's a BEAST compared to the RC 350 F Sport. The bad is that I was slightly upside down on my 370z when I traded it in ~$5k, and then'll I'll be taking another $5k hit on this trade in.

I'm going to wait a couple of months for the 2016 and then I should have at least around $20-25k to put down and still be able to get a good monthly rate with APR.
Old 06-21-15, 05:18 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

wait for a used RCF to trade into
Old 06-21-15, 07:45 AM
mk4umha
Pit Crew

You should have manned up and bought the RC-F the first time and save yourself the hassle of going through what you are now. Don't forget that the RC-F also has options to add, so don't buy the base RC-F then regret that purchase afterwards again because it didn't come with TVD or ML, for example. Save yourself the trouble and max out the options available on the RC-F, it'll be worth it.
Old 06-21-15, 02:39 PM
jdmblood
Driver School Candidate

supercharge the rc350?

Quick Reply: Kinda regretting not springing for the RCF...