RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-16, 02:22 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently started hearing a humming from behind me at 4700 miles. Has anyone's fuel pump left them stranded yet
Old 05-13-16, 02:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 291 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Sal11585
I recently started hearing a humming from behind me at 4700 miles. Has anyone's fuel pump left them stranded yet
I posted this a few weeks ago. Is it like this?

BTW, no issues with mine to this date (~4600 miles) but when I service the car, I'll point my SA to this video and ask about the hissing noise.
Old 05-14-16, 09:20 AM
papasmurf1
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I posted this a few weeks ago. Is it like this?

Lexus RC F Hissing Sound - YouTube

BTW, no issues with mine to this date (~4600 miles) but when I service the car, I'll point my SA to this video and ask about the hissing noise.
my car does that too I haven't had any issues yet curious to see if its normal
Old 05-14-16, 03:51 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatie
For the first 10 months I only used the 91 Octane at the 76 Station. No problems with fuel pump noise for 9 1/2 months. Since then I have tried Chevron and Mobil (no Exxon here in Torrance, CA)...both 91 Octane. I have not checked for the ethanol content.
If ever you're close to any of the Pure Gasoline (No Ethanol Added), try filling up a Full Tank and see how your car goes. Maybe it might revive it or it's semi-dead that needs a new fuel pump.

http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CA

I haven't tried them but I usually go to Chevron, Shell then Mobil. Right now, it's mostly Mobil.
Old 05-20-16, 06:08 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Gatie, any update on this?
Old 05-20-16, 08:10 AM
Bayernfan
Driver School Candidate

This morning, I talked to the service manager and he said there is nothing in place in regards to the fuel pump. No new design, no solution. Maybe the Executive Office will have a different answer.

As far as my car, noise has still not returned after no more driving in ECO and no more Shell premium.
Old 05-20-16, 09:11 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayernfan
This morning, I talked to the service manager and he said there is nothing in place in regards to the fuel pump. No new design, no solution. Maybe the Executive Office will have a different answer.

As far as my car, noise has still not returned after no more driving in ECO and no more Shell premium.
The key here is it still DRIVES. How many times did it not start and have to be towed?
Old 05-20-16, 11:20 AM
Gatie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Swacer
Gatie, any update on this?
I did not receive a response to the message I left them last week so.....I just left a follow up message a few minutes ago. I requested an update and expressed my concern that they have not responded to me in a timely manner. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
Old 05-21-16, 08:38 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

I drove my car aggressively home last Thursday for about 15 miles and the humming noise is gone. And so far hasn't came back. I do still have some shell gas in it but the tank is almost empty. I also turned off eco mode and now the car doesn't have that occasionally lag it used to get. And the throttle feels more sharp and responsive to me. I will try Sunoco gas for the hell of it hopefully the fuel pump noise wont come back. The car is scheduled to go in on Monday for service and to check the humming noise out
Old 05-22-16, 01:03 PM
mirza
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here we go again 2 months later - about 2k miles and another fuel pump is humming.
This time I have always kept it above half tank.
Has anybody heard if they had a solution for it.
Old 05-23-16, 07:34 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatie
I did not receive a response to the message I left them last week so.....I just left a follow up message a few minutes ago. I requested an update and expressed my concern that they have not responded to me in a timely manner. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.
This is very disappointing. It almost feels like they are simply waiting you out till you "go away".

Toyota is disappointing me a large amount with their lack of drive to solve a problem. While, being an engineer myself, I understand the time table to solve a problem, I feel there is no urgency on Toyota's part to solve this.

I feel for you guys....
Old 05-23-16, 11:41 AM
mirza
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
This is very disappointing. It almost feels like they are simply waiting you out till you "go away".

Toyota is disappointing me a large amount with their lack of drive to solve a problem. While, being an engineer myself, I understand the time table to solve a problem, I feel there is no urgency on Toyota's part to solve this.

I feel for you guys....
I feel like I am driving a BMW again .
Old 05-23-16, 11:04 PM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

The humming still hasn't returned since last Thursday. Using Sunoco gas If that even matters also eco mode has been off since. Did my 5k mile service today the humming noise didn't come back they ran some checks but found nothing. So far I haven't seen anyone on this thread with a pump that failed. If they start failing I am sure Lexus will release a revised part
Old 05-24-16, 06:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 291 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Sal11585
The humming still hasn't returned since last Thursday. Using Sunoco gas If that even matters also eco mode has been off since. Did my 5k mile service today the humming noise didn't come back they ran some checks but found nothing. So far I haven't seen anyone on this thread with a pump that failed. If they start failing I am sure Lexus will release a revised part
There have been a few folks in this thread with the pump failure and worst, who had repeat failures...

btw, I asked earlier but you may have missed it. Does the humming sound like the vid I posted above?
Old 05-26-16, 10:25 PM
discohero
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, new to this forum and was looking to pick up an RC F very soon. Maybe as soon as this weekend so I can have something fun to drive around this summer. I was wondering how serious and prevalent this fuel pump problem is. Do you guys think I should wait on getting the car until Lexus corporate addresses it with a fix or is it just a few cars being affected? Would like to get some owners' advice before making the leap. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: RC-F Fuel Pump