RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lowering the RC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-24, 02:15 PM
Shipra
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very late to this forum, but what are some things (other than the shocks) that I need to keep in mind when I lower the car using lowering springs? Did any of y'all run into any issues with the control arms or bushings?
I want to lower my car, however, coilovers just feel like it's too much instead of some simple lowering springs for less than half the price of coilovers.
Old 04-11-24, 02:18 PM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Received 284 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Shipra
Very late to this forum, but what are some things (other than the shocks) that I need to keep in mind when I lower the car using lowering springs? Did any of y'all run into any issues with the control arms or bushings?
I want to lower my car, however, coilovers just feel like it's too much instead of some simple lowering springs for less than half the price of coilovers.
The cheapest way is just to buy lowering springs and keep the rest of the suspension stock.
Old 04-11-24, 02:57 PM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

I went with lowering springs initially but ended up selling them and going coilovers. Coilovers give you a ton of adjustability whichbis where the extra cost comes from. Brands like BC racing are rock solid dependable and not as expensive as others. I run them on both of my cars. If you decide to just do springs there is literally nothing else you need to do.
Old 04-12-24, 08:09 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 669 Likes on 591 Posts

Springs + SPC adjustable rear control arms if our popular combo.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-13-24, 04:11 AM
2012mylex
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default These work great!

Originally Posted by 2017FSport
So I have posted about lowering our RC a couple times and been hit with multiple spring choices. My question is this, is anyone making good springs for this car that don't require new strut mounts or cause some weird popping noise in the strut mounts when lowered?

The reason I ask is because I lowered our NX using RS-R Downs and we cannot get the angle of the front strut exactly right no matter how hard we try. It is fine for most people and they wouldn't even notice what I notice. But I am super picky when it comes to noises, so it don't "bother" me but I pay attention to it more than I should.

A little back story, I own a 2019 NX F Sport and had it lowered when it had less than 1000 miles on it. Well actually my wife had it done for me, but thats beside the point. I had it aligned a week later.

There is slight and I do mean slight pop that I get from the turning the wheel left or right and at very slow speeds or stopped and the radio turned down. that is literally the only time you can hear it. I have had Lexus look at it and my mechanic who lowered it, and it is in fact the strut mount. It didn't make the noise until it was aligned.
I put these on with no mods needed at all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29389871642...mis&media=COPY
Old 04-17-24, 12:21 PM
damnngina
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
I went with lowering springs initially but ended up selling them and going coilovers. Coilovers give you a ton of adjustability whichbis where the extra cost comes from. Brands like BC racing are rock solid dependable and not as expensive as others. I run them on both of my cars. If you decide to just do springs there is literally nothing else you need to do.

Jonmonkey, I really like the look you achieved. Did you upgrade to the swift springs when you ordered your BC racing coilovers for your RC or did you just go with the standard BR series? I was thinking of getting the OEM F Sport springs because I want to bring it down some, especially after I replaced the 19" rims to ones that are a half an inch wider but may have to look at these as $1200 isn't too bad. My only worry is that my wife drives the car most of the time and with the OEM springs only bringing it down an inch, I wouldn't be worrying all the time when she goes to park it.