2015 RC350 Multimedia Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-19, 12:59 PM
italianusm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 RC350 Multimedia Issues

Hello All,

My 1st Lexus, bought a used 2015 RC350 with 64K for $22K.

I have had it about 2 months now and several minor and odd things occur.

1. Text Messages: The system shows I have a new text on my cell phone but it never shows the most recent text received, always shows just one text prior.
2. I have the wheel/**** type scrolling system, one day the **** was unresponsive. Got to work and later that day it was working again.
3. Was driving and suddenly the music went out. The system would let me scroll through the other multimedia options but when trying to select radio.. Nothing. The system was also very sluggish scrolling through the screen options. Again after parking going about my business and coming back to the car, all was working fine again.

Im thinking these could be firmware issues but there are no updates available for my system on the Lexus website and was wondering if I could find a download for the OEM firmware and try reloading.

Any and all input that is constructive is welcome.
Old 08-08-19, 05:49 AM
HewittTech
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Do your small left audio and nav screens on your HUD work correctly when you slide the guage cluster over? I have had my 15 RC350 w Mark Levinson for just over a year now and it has updated 3 times. The last update was maybe a couple of months ago. Since then the displays on the HUD for the audio info and the nav info on the left side started just showing a corrupted screen. Everything else was working fine. Then a couple weeks ago I had the stereo playing while I was doing a quick vacuum job and the radio just stopped. No audio from any input, no EQ controls or DSP controls show on the adjustment screens, no audio from anything. Took it in under warranty (was L-certified) and dealer said it was amplifier. Saw a couple other issues online with the amps so sounded reasonable and they ordered one. After two weeks waiting for the amp I took it back in a week and a half ago for them to install the amp. It made no changed so they ordered the radio and installed yesterday, no change. They have had it the whole time and are supposed to have a Lexus Rep on site today to evaluate the car, whatever that means. I believe my problem is firmware related as well and suspect that the last update bricked something like the interface between the controls, HUD screens and the stereo/nav system. I miss my car and am very disappointed right now, the worst is I have under 30k miles on it and will lose my crap if they messed up the dash or console doing all this work to still not have a resolution.
Old 08-11-19, 06:45 PM
AUS350F
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem. A 2015 RC350 and the radio randomly cuts out. It can be once a month, it can be twice a day. It only cuts out for 5 or 10 seconds and restarts. All radio types AM, FM, FM Digital, AUX etc are all affected. The navigation screen is unaffected.

Anyone else having this problem? What's the solution?

Many thanks
Old 08-12-19, 05:47 AM
HewittTech
Rookie

They said mine ended up being a loose or bad din connector. It would explain all my issues. It's fixed.
Old 10-14-19, 04:49 AM
HewittTech
Rookie

Well that didn't last long. Audio went out on a short trip on sat but worked fine next trip. Yesterday on a 2 hr trip nothing. Couldn't get audio from anything, no volume control or sound dsp settings again. Resetting by holding the volume button down did eventually get the red mark levinson light to come on...amp power presumably but still nothing. Thus time however, the left side display when expanded shows the proper nav and audio info and controls. Suspect the amp again even though they said they put a new one in last time. They also said they replaced the radio but they didn't.
Putting the call in this morning. On another 3 hr ride with no radio... this is really pissing me off.
Old 10-14-19, 06:56 AM
HewittTech
Rookie

Default no sudio

So yesterday I tried everything except disconnecting the battery because I was on the road. The sos and all that worked. I suspect it might also be something getting hung up with bluetooth when phones connect.
I hadn't had problems again until my wife's phone also tried to connect. Maybe something muting the audio in a bad BT phone call connection.
I also had removed her phone and mine is the only one and reset and turned the ignition off several times yesterday.
This morning it is like nothing happened.
I now remember before it stopped working the bluetooth audio would have a break in it every 5-10 seconds I couldn't get to stop.
Tis has you inspect the mute line as part of troubleshooting.

Where can we report bugs and errors hoping to get some sort of fix? Either its software, all the integrations or the amp.
Old 11-07-19, 02:48 PM
HewittTech
Rookie

Default No audio again

After the last time I had the car in for no audio it worked great again until the last month or so. About a month ago the audio would go out completely after 30-45 min but would come back if there car sat. Over the last month that time gradually got less and less maybe half of the time it would take the week before and now have no audio at all again. Dropped it off today knowing they won't be able to say we can't duplicate it. This time I have no problems with the HUD just no audio, volume control or DSP.
Really starting to wonder if the even put a new amp in the last time. Either way it is still under the factory warranty. Hopefully though it won't take two weeks to get it back this time.