RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Car Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-19, 08:36 PM
wallaceb
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Car Seat?

I know the back seats in the RC are small, but anyone ever put a child car seat back there? Any issues putting kids in/out, etc? Trying to convince the significant other this wouldn’t be an issue when/if we have children...
Old 02-24-19, 03:15 AM
Kaidan117
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wallaceb
I know the back seats in the RC are small, but anyone ever put a child car seat back there? Any issues putting kids in/out, etc? Trying to convince the significant other this wouldn’t be an issue when/if we have children...
not a problem at all. Just put the car seat first then the child. Itll be impossible if you have the child on the car seat before you put the car seat in the back. But overall its easy and i get to put both my kids back there.
Old 02-24-19, 06:15 AM
wallaceb
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are no issues with the driver/passenger seat going too back and hitting the child seat? And it's not too tough to put them in rear facing?
Old 02-24-19, 02:46 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by wallaceb
There are no issues with the driver/passenger seat going too back and hitting the child seat? And it's not too tough to put them in rear facing?
Rear facing put the car seat on the rear passenger. Since the passenger doesnt need to be too far back. Passenger should have just comfy and enough space on the front with the car seat behind it. I have both front facing car seats now and its a lot easier and have more room for the kids.
Old 02-24-19, 07:07 PM
nelBi
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaidan117

Rear facing put the car seat on the rear passenger. Since the passenger doesnt need to be too far back. Passenger should have just comfy and enough space on the front with the car seat behind it. I have both front facing car seats now and its a lot easier and have more room for the kids.
Kaidan when you're free can you PLEASE show us a picture of the car seat in the the rear? I need it for the future when I eventually need to convince others than the RC is a family car.
Old 02-24-19, 08:41 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by nelBi
Kaidan when you're free can you PLEASE show us a picture of the car seat in the the rear? I need it for the future when I eventually need to convince others than the RC is a family car.

will do! My wife has the car seats at this time. I will put it in the car and will get back to you guys by tomorrow.
Old 02-25-19, 05:38 PM
mvblum
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I never did rear facing but my daughter fits no issues in the front facing car seat behind the passenger. It does get tight for the passenger when she's back there so when we all go out we take the wifes truck. You can still use the passenger seat but there's not nearly enough room to be comfortable IMO.
Old 02-26-19, 12:58 AM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by nelBi

Leg room is good with this with front facing car seats and still leave a lot of room for child’s leg

Still good amount of leg room for passenger front facing.

Rear facing carseat with the same leg room for the front passenger as the front facing carseats.

i have both front facing now. I put my daughter on the driver side rear since she doesnt need much of leg room. If you can see on the passenger theres a lot of leg room to play with between the front and rear passenger.
Old 02-27-19, 07:18 AM
tfischer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

I have not had a car seat in the back very often, but I have driven my son, his wife and daughter to the airport, and we had no trouble getting the seat into the car, or the kid into the seat.
That being said, good luck convincing anybody that the SC350 is a "family car," and good luck with all that back seat wrangling every day. I hope everybody has lots of patience and a good back.
Perhaps you might look at a four door car, and postpone a coupe for a few (20) years.
Old 02-28-19, 05:30 AM
Kaidan117
Driver

Originally Posted by tfischer
I have not had a car seat in the back very often, but I have driven my son, his wife and daughter to the airport, and we had no trouble getting the seat into the car, or the kid into the seat.
That being said, good luck convincing anybody that the SC350 is a "family car," and good luck with all that back seat wrangling every day. I hope everybody has lots of patience and a good back.
Perhaps you might look at a four door car, and postpone a coupe for a few (20) years.
agreed. Cant really considered it a family car. I just happen to use it with my kids on the back whenever i had to take the kids and my wife is at work. But when we go out we use our 4runner. Its not a family car but can be for the meantime but will be pain to get the baby’s car seat in the back everytime.