PCS and check engine warning sign

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-18, 02:05 PM
nomz09
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCS and check engine warning sign

hello,

I dont use my RC 350 for winter and put them to storage. i dont really start from time to time until today. i started my car but ofcoures it wont start as my battery probably got discharged. Anyway, i jumped it and when it started i got the error message PCS and track off and engine warning sign went on. Idea what it is and how to avoid? And whoever put there car in storage, what is the best practice? thanks
Old 01-09-18, 01:12 PM
RCMike
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I suggest you use a battery tender. I bought this for my dad's car, which is not driven much during winter. I also installed a quick disconnect so all he has to do is unplug and go.

Amazon Amazon
Old 01-09-18, 01:24 PM
nomz09
Rookie

Originally Posted by RCMike
I suggest you use a battery tender. I bought this for my dad's car, which is not driven much during winter. I also installed a quick disconnect so all he has to do is unplug and go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CITKCE...&pd_rd_w=L9Q8y

hmm how does this works? what is quick disconnect? sorry, pretty dumb on this. but this product looks amazing. does installing this unplug whatever its in my battery then plug this in the battery? thanks
Old 01-09-18, 02:37 PM
louczar
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nomz09
hmm how does this works? what is quick disconnect? sorry, pretty dumb on this. but this product looks amazing. does installing this unplug whatever its in my battery then plug this in the battery? thanks
A battery tender is a trickle charger for your car battery. It will charge just enough that it will stay fully charged and not die. The quick disconnect is just the way you connect the battery tender to the car battery.

As for the original issue with the warning lights. I would suggest disconnect your car battery and charge it up. then reconnect the battery and start your car. The low voltage on your battery may have caused the error messages.
Old 01-10-18, 06:44 AM
nomz09
Rookie

Originally Posted by louczar
A battery tender is a trickle charger for your car battery. It will charge just enough that it will stay fully charged and not die. The quick disconnect is just the way you connect the battery tender to the car battery.

As for the original issue with the warning lights. I would suggest disconnect your car battery and charge it up. then reconnect the battery and start your car. The low voltage on your battery may have caused the error messages.
got it. thanks man. bought one and will try it out. thanks again and appreciate it
Old 12-25-21, 08:22 PM
PT4zero8
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCS and check engine warning sign

Hello,

Did you ever solve this issue?

After I installed a new battery,the error message for PCS, track off, and engine warning sign went on.

I even tried a hard reset by disconnecting the battery, waited 20 mins, then reconnect. Still no luck. Please help.

Originally Posted by nomz09
hello,

I dont use my RC 350 for winter and put them to storage. i dont really start from time to time until today. i started my car but ofcoures it wont start as my battery probably got discharged. Anyway, i jumped it and when it started i got the error message PCS and track off and engine warning sign went on. Idea what it is and how to avoid? And whoever put there car in storage, what is the best practice? thanks
The following users liked this post:
dyingrc350 (01-12-22)