RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Paddle Shifter Extender

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-17, 05:40 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
@OP: Thanks for the share. I end up buying on that site FR500GT's design but real carbon fiber version. Did you have to send additional documents for verification? If so, how long did it take to get approved and get a tracking number?
Additional Documents?
Old 01-17-17, 05:47 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Additional Documents?
I bought it from Aliexpress, probably China's Alibaba company. So, it's considered international and they wanted to verify my Aliexpress account by sending pictures of my driver's license card, credit card, and statement. I blocked out some info to prevent some identity theft.
Old 01-18-17, 07:27 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry forcaport7, didn't mean to hijack!

Yes this is in fact the link to the aluminum ones that I have. They come with double sided tape and mount directly to the back of the stock paddles:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2524497...rue&rmvSB=true
@FR500GT haha no worries! glad you had another design to share, I may switch over to the ones you have as well!
Old 01-18-17, 09:48 AM
aries7286
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought it from Aliexpress, probably China's Alibaba company. So, it's considered international and they wanted to verify my Aliexpress account by sending pictures of my driver's license card, credit card, and statement. I blocked out some info to prevent some identity theft.
ur braver than i am! i wouldve had to cancel my order if they wanted that much info
Old 01-18-17, 09:59 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Originally Posted by aries7286
ur braver than i am! i wouldve had to cancel my order if they wanted that much info
I closely monitor my stuff so, if anything I'll just dispute it. The only thing I showed them are what they usually see are: Name, and Billing/Shipping address...
Old 01-18-17, 10:35 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Yea I have bought a few things here and there from this site in the past and have never been asked that information. I usually go based off of how many past units have been sold. Hope it works out!
Old 01-18-17, 11:37 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I bought mine off eBay so honestly I'm not sure.

However, I am in banking and hearing that they need all of that info from you sounds extremely sketchy.
Old 01-18-17, 11:40 AM
forcaport7
Driver

same, I wonder if it was just that particular seller. I was not asked, and I paid via paypal as well.
Old 01-21-17, 11:21 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

I bought mine off eBay so honestly I'm not sure.

However, I am in banking and hearing that they need all of that info from you sounds extremely sketchy.
Originally Posted by forcaport7
same, I wonder if it was just that particular seller. I was not asked, and I paid via paypal as well.
The link provided in original post is from AliExpress of China. I registered via email and it asked me to register for AliPay as well which is China version of Paypal. Since it's almost like Paypal, they're pretty strict in terms of verifying the buyer. Did you register via Facebook? Also, on that link it doesn't show that Paypal is accepted.
Attached Thumbnails Paddle Shifter Extender-aliexpress-via-alipay.jpg  
Old 01-21-17, 06:36 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

@OP: Thanks for the share. I end up buying on that site FR500GT's design but real carbon fiber version. Did you have to send additional documents for verification? If so, how long did it take to get approved and get a tracking number?
How much was shipping?
Old 07-10-17, 02:48 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry forcaport7, didn't mean to hijack!

Yes this is in fact the link to the aluminum ones that I have. They come with double sided tape and mount directly to the back of the stock paddles:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2524497...rue&rmvSB=true
They look really sharp. Have you had any problem with the tape coming unstuck, especially when the car sits in the sun and gets heated up ?
Old 07-28-17, 11:09 PM
RickHansen
Rookie

any issues with the cruise control in the way?
Old 01-21-18, 02:24 AM
RickHansen
Rookie

Any responses? I have bought 2 sets now that obscure the cruise usage.
Old 02-01-18, 08:28 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

The paddle shifter extenders looked like fun to me, so I ordered the "Pinalloy CNC Silver Metal Paddle Shifter Extension for Lexus NX200T 300H IS200T RC" from Amazon for $40.99. The link is below. Don't bother ordering this product.
The description was clear that these would fit the RC cars, among others. They were shipped to me from China, and arrived about 10 days later, and 10 minutes later is was clear that these were not even a close fit. I requested a return via Amazon (one reason I bought there instead of eBay), and although I had hoped for a replacement, the response was "Refund without Return."
Can anyone suggest a currently available reliable source for metal, not plastic, extenders, so I don't waste any more time?
Thanks.
The amazon page is:
Amazon Amazon
Old 02-01-18, 09:11 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
The paddle shifter extenders looked like fun to me, so I ordered the "Pinalloy CNC Silver Metal Paddle Shifter Extension for Lexus NX200T 300H IS200T RC" from Amazon for $40.99. The link is below. Don't bother ordering this product.
The description was clear that these would fit the RC cars, among others. They were shipped to me from China, and arrived about 10 days later, and 10 minutes later is was clear that these were not even a close fit. I requested a return via Amazon (one reason I bought there instead of eBay), and although I had hoped for a replacement, the response was "Refund without Return."
Can anyone suggest a currently available reliable source for metal, not plastic, extenders, so I don't waste any more time?
Thanks.
The amazon page is:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have the same ones, but in black, from the same seller, mine fit fine.. I added 3m tape as the set screws made them a bit wobbly, I also added Loctite to the set screws so they don't vibrate out. I've no issue for close to 2 years.

Quick Reply: Paddle Shifter Extender