RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

DFW RC Meetup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-16, 06:19 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb DFW RC Meetup?

Anyone in the DFW area interested in meeting up. I recently purchased my RC and would love to see what mods everyone has and just get familiar with the DFW crowd. I have seen a few RC's in my area (Carrollton/Lewisville) not sure if any of those people are on CL but it would be cool to meetup!

Let me know who's interested!

RC350 F-Sport Rioja Red
Atomic Silver
Old 10-26-16, 09:51 AM
xxkn0xidex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in San Antonio... if you ever make a trip down here let me know, it would be awesome to see a fellow RC down here too!
Old 10-26-16, 03:28 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I would definitely be interested in meeting up. I live between Carrollton and Plano right off of George Bush. I asked about dfw meets in an other thread and never got a response :/
This is my current build. Nothing too fancy.
Old 10-26-16, 04:20 PM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm down man! I'm off of 121 and Hebron. Not too far from bush at all. PM me, maybe we can find more people around the area. I don't have any mods yet but maybe you can take a look and give me a few ideas.
Old 10-31-16, 12:17 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in Dallas, I'd be up for a meet. My RC is just about bare stock still but planning on some stuff soon
Old 10-31-16, 01:40 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by NichyNeato
Im in Dallas, I'd be up for a meet. My RC is just about bare stock still but planning on some stuff soon
We all started somewhere! What do you have planned??

Forca and I have already met up once. He is on the left, I am on the right. Would love to have you come out with us one weekend!
Old 10-31-16, 01:48 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Originally Posted by sirdimarco
We all started somewhere! What do you have planned??

Forca and I have already met up once. He is on the left, I am on the right. Would love to have you come out with us one weekend!
I'd love to meetup next time!

I'm wanting to do mostly cosmetic stuff. was looking into vinyl work, but I cant find a shop in town that's not out to rip me off. to do my roof and the chrome part of the grille, i got quoted $1500. I immediately told them to go f** themselves with that amount. I've done some small vinyl work myself already but I'm not experienced enough for the large roof, or the intricate grille (which I've tried 6 times now)

Now I'm looking into rims. I'm really digging the black chrome 19" ones that Lexus sells but haven't pulled the trigger yet..
Old 10-31-16, 02:11 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

I'd love to meetup next time!

I'm wanting to do mostly cosmetic stuff. was looking into vinyl work, but I cant find a shop in town that's not out to rip me off. to do my roof and the chrome part of the grille, i got quoted $1500. I immediately told them to go f** themselves with that amount. I've done some small vinyl work myself already but I'm not experienced enough for the large roof, or the intricate grille (which I've tried 6 times now)

Now I'm looking into rims. I'm really digging the black chrome 19" ones that Lexus sells but haven't pulled the trigger yet..
1500 for just the roof and grill is a straight rip off. What is the place so I know not to call them. haha. I'm trying to get into wrapping myself. Ive never tried it but im going to try and wrap my calipers. Hell, may even experiment with wrapping a body panel of my car. lol I'm a very DIY person. If you ever need help you can hit me up.
Youre not looking at any other wheels?
Old 10-31-16, 02:24 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

1500 for just the roof and grill is a straight rip off. What is the place so I know not to call them. haha. I'm trying to get into wrapping myself. Ive never tried it but im going to try and wrap my calipers. Hell, may even experiment with wrapping a body panel of my car. lol I'm a very DIY person. If you ever need help you can hit me up.
Youre not looking at any other wheels?
Oh yeah, I did a ton of research with people on this forum and $1500 was more than double what they told me I should expect to pay for those two areas. I wrapped the bottom aluminum looking lip in matte black and the trunk badge in gloss black. The lip was super easy, but that rear badge took a few tries. I honestly don't remember the shop, it was one of the sign stores that also does like advertisement car wraps. I got so frustrated after that, I haven't started looking again yet.

I'm usually a hands on DIY person too, but it kind of freaks me out to think that I need to remove the entire bumper to do that chrome grill the right way. I generally dont do much modding to my cars, but this RC has so much cool stuff out there that i want to add stuff to it for sure. I've seen people do their calipers and i love that look. I may give that a shot sometime too.

I (now regretfully) didn't go for the F sport version, at the time I was trying to be responsible and spend less lol. The only cosmetic thing I like about that F vs the non is that web grille. Apparently they're interchangeable, but I haven't seen anyone confirm that yet. and again, removing my bumper freaks me out...

When it comes to rims, I'm open to the idea of others, but just what Lexus makes, those black chrome ones are my favorite.
Old 10-31-16, 03:20 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Oh yeah, I did a ton of research with people on this forum and $1500 was more than double what they told me I should expect to pay for those two areas. I wrapped the bottom aluminum looking lip in matte black and the trunk badge in gloss black. The lip was super easy, but that rear badge took a few tries. I honestly don't remember the shop, it was one of the sign stores that also does like advertisement car wraps. I got so frustrated after that, I haven't started looking again yet.

I'm usually a hands on DIY person too, but it kind of freaks me out to think that I need to remove the entire bumper to do that chrome grill the right way. I generally dont do much modding to my cars, but this RC has so much cool stuff out there that i want to add stuff to it for sure. I've seen people do their calipers and i love that look. I may give that a shot sometime too.

I (now regretfully) didn't go for the F sport version, at the time I was trying to be responsible and spend less lol. The only cosmetic thing I like about that F vs the non is that web grille. Apparently they're interchangeable, but I haven't seen anyone confirm that yet. and again, removing my bumper freaks me out...

When it comes to rims, I'm open to the idea of others, but just what Lexus makes, those black chrome ones are my favorite.
I swear ive seen somewhere about someone changing out the non f sport grill with a f sport one. ill have to search for it. I believe they are interchangeable. sucks you will have to remove the whole bumper. I need to learn how to. there are many clips and bolts everywhere lol
Old 10-31-16, 07:23 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

I swear ive seen somewhere about someone changing out the non f sport grill with a f sport one. ill have to search for it. I believe they are interchangeable. sucks you will have to remove the whole bumper. I need to learn how to. there are many clips and bolts everywhere lol

haha chances are you're thinking of my thread or posts about it that I made. I've heard that they SHOULD be interchangeable, but I haven't come across anyone who has actually done it. I sort of wanted confirmation before dropping the 1300 for the grille assembly. someone did make a really great video how to remove the front bumper on here somewhere though.
Old 10-31-16, 07:35 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

haha chances are you're thinking of my thread or posts about it that I made. I've heard that they SHOULD be interchangeable, but I haven't come across anyone who has actually done it. I sort of wanted confirmation before dropping the 1300 for the grille assembly. someone did make a really great video how to remove the front bumper on here somewhere though.
Best chance in finding out may be to go to a dealer and ask. And if someone tells you there that they don't know, they shouldn't be working for lexus. lol
Old 10-31-16, 07:58 PM
NichyNeato
Rookie

Best chance in finding out may be to go to a dealer and ask. And if someone tells you there that they don't know, they shouldn't be working for lexus. lol
Haha well the dealer was the first person I asked. I got a SHOULD fit from them. Lexus doesn't allow the dealership to do the grille swap on models anymore like they used to, so they've never done it. I just wanted one confirmed swap before I do it myself.

Everything I've read says it should fit, clips all appear to be in the same spots, but haven't found anyone who has actually done it yet. I may just have to bite the bullet and be the first..
Old 10-31-16, 08:30 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Haha well the dealer was the first person I asked. I got a SHOULD fit from them. Lexus doesn't allow the dealership to do the grille swap on models anymore like they used to, so they've never done it. I just wanted one confirmed swap before I do it myself.

Everything I've read says it should fit, clips all appear to be in the same spots, but haven't found anyone who has actually done it yet. I may just have to bite the bullet and be the first..
You just might have to. I tried searching on Google for anything but got nothing. I have confidence it will work. Would look great once done though. Just think of the satisfaction. Haha
Old 11-01-16, 06:23 AM
NichyNeato
Rookie

You just might have to. I tried searching on Google for anything but got nothing. I have confidence it will work. Would look great once done though. Just think of the satisfaction. Haha
Yeah i think you're right.. besides rims, that will make the biggest visual change to it.

Quick Reply: DFW RC Meetup?