Rookie Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-16, 07:43 AM
tonytun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie Question

Hello Everyone,

Currently have a RC350 Fsport...and still trying to get used to the technology that it comes in this car.

So, when ever I'm either in Fsport/Sport+ mode, and I accelerate, (floor the accelerator) the rev indicator turns red. Which tells me that the car has reached a set speed.

Is this bad for the engine when the tachometer turns red? It's hard not to help and push the car on the highway alot

Would i have to use the paddle shift and put it in manual mode to avoid having this from happening.

Thank you
Old 04-27-16, 07:59 AM
AtomicRC
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonytun
Hello Everyone,

Currently have a RC350 Fsport...and still trying to get used to the technology that it comes in this car.

So, when ever I'm either in Fsport/Sport+ mode, and I accelerate, (floor the accelerator) the rev indicator turns red. Which tells me that the car has reached a set speed.

Is this bad for the engine when the tachometer turns red? It's hard not to help and push the car on the highway alot

Would i have to use the paddle shift and put it in manual mode to avoid having this from happening.

Thank you
This isn't necessarily bad for the car, the thing it's mainly going to effect driving this way is your fuel mileage. If you put the car in manual mode it will still shift once is reaches redline, and the only was to stop it from doing this is hold down the traction control button while sitting still until the trac off light comes on next to the speedometer. The car will now not automatically shift to the next gear when it reaches the redline and the needle will bounce off the rev limiter until you shift up. This is something I would definitely say is not good to repeatedly do to any car.
Old 04-28-16, 08:35 AM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicRC
This isn't necessarily bad for the car, the thing it's mainly going to effect driving this way is your fuel mileage. If you put the car in manual mode it will still shift once is reaches redline, and the only was to stop it from doing this is hold down the traction control button while sitting still until the trac off light comes on next to the speedometer. The car will now not automatically shift to the next gear when it reaches the redline and the needle will bounce off the rev limiter until you shift up. This is something I would definitely say is not good to repeatedly do to any car.
Well said...