RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

What sunshade do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-16, 10:56 PM
tanaka826
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What sunshade do you use?

Im currently using a old cheap 2 piece sunshade by autozone but need to upgrade to a better one since summers coming up.

Im looking at a sunshade from cover craft but i have a radar detector installed on my rear view mirror and was afraid it would get the way.

They also have a roll up one but looks kinda cheap and flimsy....

If you have any suggestions let me know!!

Thanks
Old 04-27-16, 07:22 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Anything you can get....free if possible. Or tint the window with crystaline or get a strip or park in the shade lol.
Old 04-29-16, 07:00 AM
JasonRB
Driver School Candidate

heatshieldstore.com is who we have always used, fitment and service are both great.
Old 04-29-16, 08:45 AM
radcoupe
Driver

Tint your windshield hahaha. I haven't been lucky enough to find anything either.
Old 04-29-16, 08:47 AM
radcoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by JasonRB
heatshieldstore.com is who we have always used, fitment and service are both great.
Hmmmm, not a bad deal. $39.95. Looks like it goes by fitments by car year, make, and model. Pretty sweet.
Old 04-30-16, 07:45 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

has anyone here bought/used the side or rear sunshields made by heat shield?
Old 04-30-16, 09:04 PM
alanboo
Driver School Candidate

I was thinking about buying one but idk if it looks ugly haha
Old 05-01-16, 11:04 AM
Johnny3
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the real shiny reflective ones work the best, shiny side out of course. Plus you can roll them up & stick em between the seat & console.
Old 05-01-16, 11:43 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

i just purchased one of the heat shield sunshields online. hopefully it'll live up to its promises.
Old 05-01-16, 02:12 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Just purchased a custom one on amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/Lexus-Intro-Tech-Automotive-Custom-Shield/dp/B00TYZKXTK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00 http://www.amazon.com/Lexus-Intro-Tech-Automotive-Custom-Shield/dp/B00TYZKXTK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I'll post some pictures when it arrives
Old 05-02-16, 12:50 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the Covercraft custom fit sun shade from Auto Anything, and it works great here in Phoenix.
Old 05-05-16, 10:58 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

my heat shield sunshield came. it looks as though it's really shiny foil or chrome or something and is flimsier than i was imagining, but i'm sure it will work really well. hopefully, anyway.
Old 05-05-16, 06:04 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

It fits perfectly! Both edges curl a bit, but this is really custom fit for the vehicle

Old 05-06-16, 05:57 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

X2 👍

I have 3m crystalline 80 % to 90 % ??(If I remember right. It is 3m's lightest tint. I have it on the windshield. It is almost clear and hard to tell if it is there. No problems at night and it actually cuts down on glares from oncoming traffic at night and bright sun. I still have a 3m darkest regular tint 10 inch strip on top of the windshield. The black strip across the top of the windshield sometimes looks different shades depending on the sun angle and at times looks "purple" at certain angle which I don't like. But I want it to function well, so it is ok with me.

The rest of the car all around has 3m Crystalline 40% which is the darkest Crystalline 3m makes. I park in the hot sun in the DEEP South where I work and it keeps the inside cool WITHOUT putting anything else on the windshield. BTW, inside has dark grey leather seats and black dash. The seats are no longer so hot to the point I could not sit down if I have shorts and the black leather steering wheel so hot to touch before the tint. This particular tint shop insisted on a doctor 's note for this "illegal " tint which was not a problem for me.

In retrospect, I probably would have gone with SolarGard ceramic tint which is what I did with my MB some years ago (minimum tint on the windshield 80% and I had real dark sides and back like 35%). Worked just a tad below the 3m Crystalline in terms of heat inside after parking out in the hot sun. The Solar Gard ceramic tint was about half the price. The color of the tint is spot on and very classy and does not change shades depending on the sunlight angle as you move around looking at the car like the 3m Crystalline. IDK, it may be the underlying glass color of Lexus windows and windshield? ??

Also I found the inside of car cools down very quickly even parked out in the hot sun after I start it. Worked very well.

Definitely worth the money to get it done. Not to mention the tint cuts out the UV rays and driver fatigue while driving in sunny weather AND at night too due to reduced glares from oncoming vehicles ' lights.

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Anything you can get....free if possible. Or tint the window with crystaline or get a strip or park in the shade lol.

Last edited by lexusrus; 05-06-16 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-06-16, 01:02 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

^^ i also have crystalline installed on all windows of the car, but it just doesn't cut it in the hot afternoon southern california sun. i have to use a windshield sunshade as well or it'll be boiling inside despite the crystalline tint.

Quick Reply: What sunshade do you use?