RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RC350 Tri-Beam Headlights in US

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-16, 06:33 AM
AVI8R
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC350 Tri-Beam Headlights in US

New member here and first post. I'm a very interested buyer and have always been browsing this site but I created an account to share this car I found in Washington state that was posted for sale a couple days ago. It appears to have the headlight option that isn't available in the US that I know of, it is kinda hard to tell with the rain but it looks different than the projectors. This is the only picture they have of the front unfortunately. Could this be an easy swap someone did?
Old 01-26-16, 07:02 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was informed by Lexus dealers that there were no plans for the Premium Triple LED head-lights for USA. It would be great as Canada and other parts of the world do get them. May be this was a Canada Delivery for Vancouver area? Just a guess.
Old 01-26-16, 07:40 AM
AVI8R
Driver School Candidate

Yeah that definitely could be and since the speedo is digital I would guess it could easily be changed to mph. It is really silly that Canada has the option but we don't.

Last edited by AVI8R; 01-26-16 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-26-16, 10:26 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

It's almost definitely a Canadian Spec vehicle.

The cars up here come in only a few pre-packaged configurations but they all have the triple-LED setup. It's really a miss on the US side for not offering this standard across the board. It's a real shame, the lights are just fantastic both on and off (not to mention the LED swoosh turn signal)
Old 01-27-16, 08:29 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
It's almost definitely a Canadian Spec vehicle.

The cars up here come in only a few pre-packaged configurations but they all have the triple-LED setup. It's really a miss on the US side for not offering this standard across the board. It's a real shame, the lights are just fantastic both on and off (not to mention the LED swoosh turn signal)
Yup, it's a loss for US. UK has automatic folding mirrors on their RCFs. I wish we had them too here for RC350s and RCFs.
Old 01-28-16, 10:59 AM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Yup, it's a loss for US. UK has automatic folding mirrors on their RCFs. I wish we had them too here for RC350s and RCFs.
We get the triple LED headlights and power mirrors here in Australia as well.

Old 01-28-16, 12:30 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Just got off the phone with Lexus dealer. They are retailing the triple LEDs for $2,800 each. Ill pass on this mod.
Old 01-28-16, 12:39 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliRC
Just got off the phone with Lexus dealer. They are retailing the triple LEDs for $2,800 each. Ill pass on this mod.
For $2800, you can take me and a couple other forum members to the UK!!!
Old 01-28-16, 01:18 PM
ARK07
Driver School Candidate

Can one of you guys in Canada total out your car and please save and sell me the lights ( in about 4-6-months when I buy a RC), LOL!!

And please throw in the mirrors too!!
Old 01-28-16, 02:46 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the Triple LEDs. I want them!!!
I am infuriated that they are not consistent across international markets.

It might be a pricing concern for the US Market. Like most product segments they have profit proformas for each product. Adding these options would drive the price to high in US and far eclipse the current base price. Or if they were available as paid options... The final price would be too close to a base model RCF.

On the contrary, they might sell more units with these items added, and make up the profit with higher sales volume.
Old 01-28-16, 07:26 PM
ALE81
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I upgraded to the triple LED's on my NX and like the look of them. It just baffles me why we can't upgrade to triple LED's on the RC in the US.
Old 01-30-16, 09:12 AM
AVI8R
Driver School Candidate

I have seen close ups of the DRL's in the US and it looks like the LED turn signals are there or at least the space for them is there. Is there a way to activate them in the US if they are there?
Old 02-01-16, 02:39 PM
Chinky2
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AVI8R
I have seen close ups of the DRL's in the US and it looks like the LED turn signals are there or at least the space for them is there. Is there a way to activate them in the US if they are there?
completely different part #s
Ive looked into swapping the triple beams LED, its much more than just swapping headlights, there also another computer that controllers both L and R. Its way too complicated for me and im a pretty good electrician. Gonna need some serious RnD and trial and error to make it work.
Old 11-08-16, 10:50 PM
RGLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, the LED headlights are not available as an option for the US market but you can purchase them as a post-production part but will cost you and quite honestly unsure the work required for a retrofit. The nearest RC 350 F-Sports with the Premium 3 LED headlights are very likely, as mentioned, from the Canadian market. The only other alternative is to order an RC directly from Japan with that option for US delivery as a Toyota employee or be a relative of one to use the Lexus Purchase Program to build one that way.

Premium 3 LED Headlights w/ RC 350 F-Sport
Old 11-10-16, 09:56 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

for the 2017 model year, my lexus dealer informed me that the RC350 can be special ordered with triple beam LED's, kind of how you had to do it on the 2016 GS350's last year.

Quick Reply: RC350 Tri-Beam Headlights in US