RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Default Screen mode

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-15, 04:55 PM
Shaummy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Default Screen mode

Anyone know if you can set what the default screen is? It appears right now that it always returns to the Nav screen all the time?

Ideally I'd like it to stay on the Radio screen as the default, can it be done??
Old 05-12-15, 05:06 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

You have to go into setup and change "Auto Screen Change" to off. I wish they would make that the default.
Old 05-12-15, 05:57 PM
Shaummy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks dchar....works perfectly. I guess you can tell I'm a complete newbie, only had the car a week now and the manual is almost 700 pages.
Old 05-13-15, 01:22 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaummy
Thanks dchar....works perfectly. I guess you can tell I'm a complete newbie, only had the car a week now and the manual is almost 700 pages.
They finally have the entire Owner's manual as 1 complete PDF file on the Lexus site. Click here to get the manual. You can then do a search for anything.
Old 05-16-15, 07:29 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaummy
True but that's just the owners manual. How about the 400 pages for the infotainment system. Down loaded both. But what guy do you know that reads directions.
Old 05-16-15, 07:35 PM
Shaummy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MKenM
True but that's just the owners manual. How about the 400 pages for the infotainment system. Down loaded both. But what guy do you know that reads directions.
Definitely loving the PDF version of the manuals... and yeah...it can take an ton of time of trial and error to find some of this stuff
Old 05-19-15, 10:50 PM
nylawyer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
You have to go into setup and change "Auto Screen Change" to off. I wish they would make that the default.
I made the change in setup, but I'm not noticing a difference. I'd like the default screen to be the 3 section Home screen. When I change the setting and go to the Home screen and turn off the car and back on, it returns to Nav
Old 05-20-15, 12:33 AM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Originally Posted by nylawyer
I made the change in setup, but I'm not noticing a difference. I'd like the default screen to be the 3 section Home screen. When I change the setting and go to the Home screen and turn off the car and back on, it returns to Nav
My reading of the manual is that the "Auto Screen Change" option is just to tell the system whether to stay on the Audio and Climate pages after you visit them (Auto Screen Change = OFF), or switch back to the Navigation screen after 15 seconds of inactivity (Auto Screen Change = ON).

I think it only applies to these two screens (Audio and Climate) in relation to the Nav screen, and does not have any effect on the operation of the Home screen.
Old 05-20-15, 07:23 PM
Jayp03
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nightcrawl
My reading of the manual is that the "Auto Screen Change" option is just to tell the system whether to stay on the Audio and Climate pages after you visit them (Auto Screen Change = OFF), or switch back to the Navigation screen after 15 seconds of inactivity (Auto Screen Change = ON).

I think it only applies to these two screens (Audio and Climate) in relation to the Nav screen, and does not have any effect on the operation of the Home screen.
Changing it off did nothing for me as well. It still goes to the Navi after starting up the car.
Old 05-23-15, 08:13 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nylawyer
Like you I have a three section Home screen, but after calling Lexus support I was told that if you don't pick a screen like say the radio screen then when the car is restarted it will default to the Nav screen. There is no fix for that, believe me I tried. Now when I get out of the car I just pick one of my screens and then when I get back in select the Home button. Yea it's a bad design.
Old 08-21-15, 08:03 PM
RCSimmons
Driver School Candidate

Menu -> Setup -> General Settings -> Auto Screen Change (On/Off)

Don't forget to save the settings!

Last edited by RCSimmons; 08-21-15 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Added additional step