Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Logo for local company....opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-02, 01:15 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Logo for local company....opinions

I created this logo for Streetmasters, a tuning company near me, any ideas?

Last edited by futuregs; 07-15-02 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-15-02, 01:16 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Default oops...

sorry here:
Attached Thumbnails Logo for local company....opinions-streetlogo.jpg  
Old 07-15-02, 01:18 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Looks pretty good to me.
Old 07-15-02, 04:36 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice......is that done in Illustrator or PS?
Old 07-15-02, 07:22 PM
GrafFX
Driver School Candidate

Not to bad....But yeah I hope you did that in Illustrator/Freehand. If not shouldnt be that hard to re-create that in one of the vector base apps.
Old 07-15-02, 07:56 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

it was done in PS =[ I know Illustrator is the best for logos because of its vector scalability but I like my PS. All I did was combine the letters stroke them by 2 on the outside and erase the overlapping parts.
Old 07-16-02, 12:21 AM
GrafFX
Driver School Candidate

I have a ?. Is that the something you designed all on your own or is that what they all ready had ? just curious.

Last edited by GrafFX; 07-17-02 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-17-02, 09:05 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GrafFX
I have a ?. Is that the something you designed all on your own or is that what they all ready had ? just curious.
I created this logo for Streetmasters, a tuning company near me, any ideas?

Man you need to READ.
Old 07-18-02, 06:05 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

that is somethng i designed all on my own.
Why?

Thx lexusboy =]
Old 07-18-02, 06:28 AM
GrafFX
Driver School Candidate

Man you need to READ.
Well LexuSBoY apparently you have barked up the wrong tree. And I dont recall me asking you the ?. So you might want to learn some comprehensions skills buddy. And if I remember correctly. The Spaceboy464 that had messaged me on my AIM asking for help with Photoshop. Hmmm dont even have a car. And the lexus is your MOMMYS ? Please dont insult my intelligence kid.

Well the reason I asked that ?. An actual friend of mine wrote a tutorial on that same exact design. But the only difference from what I can tell. Theres a stroke created from a text path. And then a drop shadow. But here you go Mr LeXuSBoY. This is why I asked the ?. And thats why I asked him if he created this ALL on his own. His own design ! Go ahead and flame people I was just asking a simple ?.
Attached Thumbnails Logo for local company....opinions-frompctomacimage.jpg  

Last edited by GrafFX; 07-18-02 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-18-02, 07:19 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

yeah i know thats how i made the circular ring.....I'm not sure what your point is??? The whole idea of putting a tutorial online is so people can use it. Plus it has my own effects added in it.
Old 07-18-02, 01:47 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Well LexuSBoY apparently you have barked up the wrong tree. And I dont recall me asking you the ?. So you might want to learn some comprehensions skills buddy. And if I remember correctly. The Spaceboy464 that had messaged me on my AIM asking for help with Photoshop. Hmmm dont even have a car. And the lexus is your MOMMYS ? Please dont insult my intelligence kid.

Well the reason I asked that ?. An actual friend of mine wrote a tutorial on that same exact design. But the only difference from what I can tell. Theres a stroke created from a text path. And then a drop shadow. But here you go Mr LeXuSBoY. This is why I asked the ?. And thats why I asked him if he created this ALL on his own. His own design ! Go ahead and flame people I was just asking a simple ?.
Yah, I dont have a car because im 15 1/2. So what if the Lex is my moms?? At least theres one in the family. You drive a old Honda, you don't see me making fun of you for what you drive. Also I responeded to the question because I was just helping a friend out. It just seems your on here to bug and **** people off, I never see you help any one. You just insult and brag to people, why are you here anyway? Now your last comment, are you saying that because im a "kid" that im not as smart, or even smarter then you are?? Whatever, you remind me of some of the imature kids at school.
Old 07-18-02, 01:56 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

What are you getting all mad about anyways? Lexusboy just said you needed to read the post. Theres no need for hostility.
Old 07-25-02, 08:12 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very nice!

Future – if the logo were going to be for my company, here’s what I think:

Overall, I like it but I’m a little uncomfortable with the letter widths of the letters “TREETMA” – I think that a little horizontal stretching would better VISUALLY match the “STERS” which I think look better. I’m talking about the visual perception – I’m sure that you’ve got actual sizing down – I just think that it’s 97% perfect to me – if one of my creative people were bringing the proof to me – that’s what my opinion would be.

It is very nicely done and the client may very well accept it as is – I’m just a little **** about visual perceptions – you understand, I’m sure.

My .05 cents worth.
Old 07-26-02, 05:50 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Very nice!

Originally posted by garnet92
Future – if the logo were going to be for my company, here’s what I think:

Overall, I like it but I’m a little uncomfortable with the letter widths of the letters “TREETMA” – I think that a little horizontal stretching would better VISUALLY match the “STERS” which I think look better. I’m talking about the visual perception – I’m sure that you’ve got actual sizing down – I just think that it’s 97% perfect to me – if one of my creative people were bringing the proof to me – that’s what my opinion would be.

It is very nicely done and the client may very well accept it as is – I’m just a little **** about visual perceptions – you understand, I’m sure.

My .05 cents worth.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. You think those letters should be larger than the rest of them? Cuz each letter is the exact same size.