Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Full Catback Tsudo Exhaust - $399 shipped

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-19, 10:57 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Full Catback Tsudo Exhaust - $399 shipped

ERZ Performance had this price up last month, but they and SEM have been out of stock on all Tsudo IS exhausts, and told me they expected stock by mid-February. Just saw a few appear on eBay the other day and they do appear to now have the burnt-tip catbacks in stock. SEM has them for $580, but ERZ still has them at $399, and are showing 18 in stock. Was 19, but I took that one I'd rather the polished tips but this just gives me reason to get a '17 diffuser and quads!

Payment went through and I got confirmation so it seems legit. Have to figure the 2.5" chromed mandrel piping is worth that alone. It's the same price as the midpipe so it's like getting the axle-back for free. Could even turn around and re-sell the midpipe if you don't want it. I'm planning to put it in with my stock resonators, and swap them out for Vibrants if they don't work well. Will also need to modify one of the pipes for AWD.

Come get on the train!

https://www.erzperformance.com/collections/all/products/tsudo-lexus-is250-is350-2014-dual-sp-burnt-tip-catless-catback

(Btw, this is just a PSA -- I have no affiliation!)

Last edited by AtomicAWD; 01-30-19 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-30-19, 02:52 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

That is a good price, I have looked at getting this system before. But I'm with you about the blue tips, I just can't get into it. That's what has held me back from this system. I wonder how hard it would be to polish the blue off.
Old 01-30-19, 03:09 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tungstn-IS
That is a good price, I have looked at getting this system before. But I'm with you about the blue tips, I just can't get into it. That's what has held me back from this system. I wonder how hard it would be to polish the blue off.
Here's a thread on just that. Apparently it takes 20-30 min:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ps-or-not.html

Seems most manufacturers are doing the flame tips, SEM told me that it's what gets requested the most, at least in the Tsudos. Other companies have both available but for some reason Tsudo has nearly only the burnt ones.

Got word that the polished may not be available until late March. I didn't want to chance them upping the price again in case it was a mistake or something so I ordered them anyway. Either they are making big money on these or they got a great bulk deal or such, but I've got a tracking number so it seems to have worked!
Old 01-30-19, 03:40 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Cool, I didn't know how it was applied or it would come right off easily. I could probably do it in half the time, I have a buffer and compounds. I might have to jump on this
Old 01-31-19, 06:47 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

I could probably do it in half the time, I have a buffer and compounds.
Please report back if that is the case to help out other members
Old 02-01-19, 11:11 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Atomic, let me know how you like the sound of just the axle back. Mine will be here next Wednesday and I will spend some time polishing it up before installing. I had intended to only do the axle back as well, but at that price I just purchased the whole thing. I am also thinking I will just installing the axle back and see how I like that first. I am concerned the midpipe will make it louder than I want it to be. Like you said, I could always put it on later if I want more or sell if it I'm happy with the tone.
Old 02-01-19, 11:26 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Atomic, let me know how you like the sound of just the axle back. Mine will be here next Wednesday and I will spend some time polishing it up before installing. I had intended to only do the axle back as well, but at that price I just purchased the whole thing. I am also thinking I will just installing the axle back and see how I like that first. I am concerned the midpipe will make it louder than I want it to be. Like you said, I could always put it on later if I want more or sell if it I'm happy with the tone.
Will do. I'm going to start by only installing the axle-back because I have AWD and the midpipe will need modifying. I'm also deciding whether to keep my OEM resonators or go to Vibrant Ultra Quiets, as like you I also don't want it too loud and I haven't heard any midpipes I really like, and the Tsudo resonators are tiny to begin with. There are clips of both axle-back and cat-back Tsudo on Youtube but most say that in real life exhausts are always louder.

Maxxxx has clips of his car with both the axle-back only and the stock X-pipe with cats removed and Vibrants added. The axle-back is quieter than I thought it would be (not much over stock), and his full system is very refined and sounds quieter than any midpipe I've heard so far. ZERO rasp. Send him a PM if you'd like to hear them.
Old 02-06-19, 10:01 AM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$200+ u.s for shipping to Toronto.
Old 02-06-19, 10:14 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
$200+ u.s for shipping to Toronto.
Ugh. No way to have it sent to Niagara, or right around there on the US side where you can go pick it up? That's what I do out here in BC, then it's just a few bucks pickup fee. Can even just walk across and get it to avoid the car lineup, although this thing will be pretty bulky. Mine's arrived btw, will probably pick it up this weekend.
Old 02-07-19, 08:52 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

My shipment was delayed by FedEx so I won't receive it until Friday. I will probably work on polishing up the tips this weekend and report back how that goes.
Old 02-08-19, 02:08 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

I got mine in today. To be honest, now I'm on the fence about the blue tips. I really wasn't for it, but now looking at it, it's not bad. I may just put it on as is and if I decide I don't like it then I can polish it off. If I polish it off now there will be no turning back so...........what the h***

Old 02-08-19, 02:29 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

I got mine in today. To be honest, now I'm on the fence about the blue tips. I really wasn't for it, but now looking at it, it's not bad. I may just put it on as is and if I decide I don't like it then I can polish it off. If I polish it off now there will be no turning back so...........what the h***
I was thinking the same, especially if going to quads eventually anyway. They look nice on their own, just not sure if they'll suit the car. Overall build quality seems pretty good?

Those resonators do look tiny. Fairly certain I'm going to put on a couple of Vibrants instead.
Old 02-08-19, 02:49 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
I was thinking the same, especially if going to quads eventually anyway. They look nice on their own, just not sure if they'll suit the car. Overall build quality seems pretty good?

Those resonators do look tiny. Fairly certain I'm going to put on a couple of Vibrants instead.
I will be sticking with the single tips. I don't care for the way quads look on the older rear diffuser. They looks good with the new diffuser though. All the welds and such look good, if theres anything you want to see specifically I can take pictures of it. I have to get an o2 socket so I'm not going to install it until tomorrow. I'll let you know how the fitment is after install.

And yes, those resonators are uselessly small. I may end up just adding addition resonators on the straight section behind the o2 sensors as I'm sure it will be too loud for my taste.
Old 02-08-19, 04:20 PM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

The old diffuser won't fit quads though, so we'd need to get a newer one anyway. They aren't that much, about $250.

If the Tsudo from clips on Youtube sounds too loud, you should check out @maxxx 's setup as mentioned above. It looks like different resonators can be inserted right where the existing ones are at the weld points, depending how long they are. Minimally I think
these these
should give a better tone, but the
Ultra Quiets Ultra Quiets
like he has will do tone and attenuation both. I'm in communication with a guy at Vibrant, getting his input on what he suggests.
Old 02-08-19, 04:25 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
ERZ Performance had this price up last month, but they and SEM have been out of stock on all Tsudo IS exhausts, and told me they expected stock by mid-February. Just saw a few appear on eBay the other day and they do appear to now have the burnt-tip catbacks in stock. SEM has them for $580, but ERZ still has them at $399, and are showing 18 in stock. Was 19, but I took that one I'd rather the polished tips but this just gives me reason to get a '17 diffuser and quads!

Payment went through and I got confirmation so it seems legit. Have to figure the 2.5" chromed mandrel piping is worth that alone. It's the same price as the midpipe so it's like getting the axle-back for free. Could even turn around and re-sell the midpipe if you don't want it. I'm planning to put it in with my stock resonators, and swap them out for Vibrants if they don't work well. Will also need to modify one of the pipes for AWD.

Come get on the train!

https://www.erzperformance.com/collections/all/products/tsudo-lexus-is250-is350-2014-dual-sp-burnt-tip-catless-catback

(Btw, this is just a PSA -- I have no affiliation!)
Hey, just noticed your from BC. In case you're not in the loop, there's a VI blitz going on right now. Not exactly a good time to be installing a catback exhaust. Just saying!

Quick Reply: Full Catback Tsudo Exhaust - $399 shipped