Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is a Midpipe too much? (Opinions)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-18, 09:04 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts
Question Is a Midpipe too much? (Opinions)

Ive had my invidia axelback on for a while now, and I love the sound, It is decently loud under load, but I want it to be louder. Im hesitant to get the mid pipe because while being ridiculously loud would be so much, I don't want to get pulled over and get a fix it ticket for it. Besides that, I have neighbors who like me and I want to keep it that way lol. Does anyone have a full invidia catback system and how loud is it? is it too loud? Ive seen some of the videos online and none of them did the axelback justice so I wanted to get authentic opinions from you guys. Thanks
Old 09-10-18, 10:33 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Its not that loud. If you're not constantly flooring your car then it won't be ridiculous loud.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-10-18, 03:26 PM
Kevin4GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Ive had my invidia axelback on for a while now, and I love the sound, It is decently loud under load, but I want it to be louder. Im hesitant to get the mid pipe because while being ridiculously loud would be so much, I don't want to get pulled over and get a fix it ticket for it. Besides that, I have neighbors who like me and I want to keep it that way lol. Does anyone have a full invidia catback system and how loud is it? is it too loud? Ive seen some of the videos online and none of them did the axelback justice so I wanted to get authentic opinions from you guys. Thanks
I have the invidia axleback with the invidia midpipe for my GS. Pretty sure there is not a sound difference for my setup but for an IS because we share the same oem midpipe. I say do it man. I played it safe and only got the axle back first but I wished I picked up the midpipe sooner. It's only loud when you are on it. No need to worry about cops, just go easy on the pedal and you will be fine. Cold starts are pretty loud in my opinion but I think your neighbors will be fine since it quiets down in like 5 seconds. I got my midpipe from Meraki, def recommend contacting Josh.
The following users liked this post:
Pittsy (09-13-18)
Old 09-10-18, 07:11 PM
truu
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Here is a video for comparison. I mean, if you know what the axleback sounds like you can use this to gauge the loudness of the catback system.
Pittsy (09-13-18)
Old 09-10-18, 10:13 PM
ex00
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

its not that loud tbh. after driving it for 100+ miles the noticed the sound is softer or im just becoming deaf.
Old 09-11-18, 12:10 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

If you already have concerns of getting pulled over, I'd say don't do it. That can potentially snowball into more money of removal, tickets, etc. in addition to the money spent on buying and installing it.

Maybe it's just me but unless your car does quarter mile in the 11-second range, it better be as quiet as possible. No point in drawing attention (particularly from cops) to a 15-16 second car. Trust me i've had my day with modified cars with loud modified exhausts. You get over it. Just my 2 cents.
Pittsy (09-12-18)
Old 09-12-18, 09:05 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 784 Likes on 401 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by E46CT
If you already have concerns of getting pulled over, I'd say don't do it. That can potentially snowball into more money of removal, tickets, etc. in addition to the money spent on buying and installing it.

Maybe it's just me but unless your car does quarter mile in the 11-second range, it better be as quiet as possible. No point in drawing attention (particularly from cops) to a 15-16 second car. Trust me i've had my day with modified cars with loud modified exhausts. You get over it. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah. Thanks for the advice, Im trying to not get pulled over but not look bad if I ever go to a show or something. Ive been debating doing a headlight taillight tint too but I figured its all just too much if I do that. Too risky. I think Im just going to get my diffuser, redo my rims, rsr superdowns, and the catback.