Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe Quad Tip Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 06:12 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash5
It took about 300ish miles. I have no drone now. Idk about anyone else. That break-in period was very droney though haha.
Awesome. No drone now, or you just got used to it a bit? Maybe a bit of both?
Old 03-01-19, 06:18 PM
sirdizzle
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I still get a bit of drone around 2,100 rpm. It's very manageable though.
Old 03-01-19, 08:45 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold

Awesome. No drone now, or you just got used to it a bit? Maybe a bit of both?
No, definitely no drone in my opinion. It is night and day the difference between the break-in period and after it. There might be a little and I got used to it? I doubt it though lol.
Old 03-02-19, 05:38 PM
Burrcold
Advanced

No, definitely no drone in my opinion. It is night and day the difference between the break-in period and after it. There might be a little and I got used to it? I doubt it though lol.
I've had a few cars with exhaust (that all droned to some extent), but with this car I'm really hoping it's very minimal after the break in.
Old 03-02-19, 11:39 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

I've had a few cars with exhaust (that all droned to some extent), but with this car I'm really hoping it's very minimal after the break in.
Hmmm so there does seem to be some drone now that I REALLY payed attention. It is pretty minimal though especially if you’re listening to music. Either way, the exhaust noises are actually there vs before stock there being 0 noise.
Old 03-03-19, 12:05 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

Hmmm so there does seem to be some drone now that I REALLY payed attention. It is pretty minimal though especially if you’re listening to music. Either way, the exhaust noises are actually there vs before stock there being 0 noise.
Well, would kinda hope so otherwise all you essentially get for 800 bucks are four shiny tips... $200 per!
Old 03-03-19, 02:07 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AtomicAWD
Well, would kinda hope so otherwise all you essentially get for 800 bucks are four shiny tips... $200 per!
Lol exactly, so at the end of the day I am 100% satisfied with the looks and sound of the Tanabe!
Old 03-03-19, 04:11 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

And that's to be expected. They don't have a Helmholtz chamber built in so no matter what anyone says about any exhaust choice, they will all drone to some extent. It's just if it becomes too boomy to live with on a daily driver...sounds like the answer is no with this exhaust and that's all that I'm hoping for. Only time will tell though! I'll update my experience with it once it arrives is installed, and broken in.
Old 03-03-19, 07:13 AM
AtomicAWD
Lead Lap

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts

And that's to be expected. They don't have a Helmholtz chamber built in so no matter what anyone says about any exhaust choice, they will all drone to some extent. It's just if it becomes too boomy to live with on a daily driver...sounds like the answer is no with this exhaust and that's all that I'm hoping for. Only time will tell though! I'll update my experience with it once it arrives is installed, and broken in.
If you've had aftermarket exhausts before then I don't see it being an issue. I haven't heard it (or anything other than Tsudo) in real life, but some consider the F-Sport to be louder than the Tanabe, and I think the Tsudo could turn out to be the quietest of the bunch. Will have to see how/if it changes over the next couple months, as Flash5's did. Here is Tsudo mid with F-Sport axle-back, and while I haven't heard mine from the outside, pretty sure it's quieter and at least less raspy than this:

Old 03-04-19, 08:24 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

I really think you guys will be satisfied with the Tanabe. One of my buddys was like damn I didn’t use to hear you pulling up to my place and now I know when you’re here haha. The exhaust note is deep and throaty and that’s amazing considering it’s a 4 cyl turbo which a lot of the times ends up sounding ricey with an aftermarket exhaust. That’s what I was most concerned about.
Old 03-04-19, 08:37 AM
Burrcold
Advanced

I really think you guys will be satisfied with the Tanabe. One of my buddys was like damn I didn’t use to hear you pulling up to my place and now I know when you’re here haha. The exhaust note is deep and throaty and that’s amazing considering it’s a 4 cyl turbo which a lot of the times ends up sounding ricey with an aftermarket exhaust. That’s what I was most concerned about.
I think I'll be happy as well. I wonder if there is any less/more drone on the 350 vs your 4 cyl turbo? They sound fairly similar from the outside (in the Tanabe videos).
Old 03-06-19, 09:37 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

List of Quad Diffusers and Quad Exhaust Systems with Videos:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...2014-18-a.html
Old 03-20-19, 02:12 PM
Dante486
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible to install quad tips on a tanabe axel back for a 2014 IS 350 non f sport? I have the IS version of the tanabe axel back.
Old 03-20-19, 04:47 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Just need a quad tip diffuser.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-20-19, 07:41 PM