Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RR Racing tune Client software download

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-18, 05:46 PM
812bf3
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RR Racing tune Client software download

Never mind. I found the file after some extensive searches.
Please disregard the request.

Anyone with RR Racing tune has the MyGeniusClient_setup.zip file that can send me a copy... please.
I just purchased the tune from RR-racing and the USB is blank.
Thanks

Last edited by 812bf3; 07-28-18 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Found the file
Old 07-30-18, 10:19 AM
truu
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Since you already made the post, you bought the OBD Tune? I'm interested in getting the tune and would like to hear your feedback. Thanks,
Old 07-30-18, 10:41 AM
812bf3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by truu
Since you already made the post, you bought the OBD Tune? I'm interested in getting the tune and would like to hear your feedback. Thanks,
It seem to have more torque at the lower RPM than stock. I just installed it yesterday so I can't really say much yet.
I had a Tsudo full catback installed 2 months ago and it drones quite abit.
When I bought the RR tune, I also bought the CF intake tube and installed into the OEM air box with K&N filter. The drone gone down a bit before flashing the tune.
After the tune installed. It seems the engine has more torque at lower RPM that the drones quiet down even more until WOT, the car became alive.
Initial impression is that, the tune give more torque, smoother acceleration response and I notice when cruising, the MPG is much better. Gear change also seem to have less delay/hesitation than stock.
Can't tell how much better yet since I only drove the car 2 times after the tune. I think the ECU need more driving to learn the A/F ratios.
I hope that answered your question.
Old 07-30-18, 12:38 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 812bf3
It seem to have more torque at the lower RPM than stock. I just installed it yesterday so I can't really say much yet.
I had a Tsudo full catback installed 2 months ago and it drones quite abit.
When I bought the RR tune, I also bought the CF intake tube and installed into the OEM air box with K&N filter. The drone gone down a bit before flashing the tune.
After the tune installed. It seems the engine has more torque at lower RPM that the drones quiet down even more until WOT, the car became alive.
Initial impression is that, the tune give more torque, smoother acceleration response and I notice when cruising, the MPG is much better. Gear change also seem to have less delay/hesitation than stock.
Can't tell how much better yet since I only drove the car 2 times after the tune. I think the ECU need more driving to learn the A/F ratios.
I hope that answered your question.
I have the same setup and love the improvement with the rrtune. If the drone still bugs you with the tsudo i recommend purchasing two 4' Magnaflow resonators and swap out the existing ones. I have 5' resonators which is overkill and my cabin is stock quiet.
Old 07-30-18, 04:08 PM
812bf3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jay90011
I have the same setup and love the improvement with the rrtune. If the drone still bugs you with the tsudo i recommend purchasing two 4' Magnaflow resonators and swap out the existing ones. I have 5' resonators which is overkill and my cabin is stock quiet.
Thank you for the recommendation!
Can you give me the part/model number for the Magnaflow Res?
Also, what about the tones after you install the Res? Did it just get rid of the drones only or lower the overall decibels?
I love the sound of the this exhaust except the drones. I was planning to have a 1/4 wave pipe welded in next week, but now it seem I have another option to consider.
Old 08-01-18, 10:49 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

^^ we think a like. That was my plan to make a hemholzt wave pipe. My local shop recommended these so ended up going this route. The exhaust tone remained the same on the outside and you still get some of that metallic rasp sound.

these are the 4" resonators.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263837383712

or if you want the same setup I have, do the 5" but beware that you will need to remove the heat cover from the transmission bell.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273371894903
Old 08-04-18, 07:56 PM
812bf3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jay90011
^^ we think a like. That was my plan to make a hemholzt wave pipe. My local shop recommended these so ended up going this route. The exhaust tone remained the same on the outside and you still get some of that metallic rasp sound.

these are the 4" resonators.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263837383712

or if you want the same setup I have, do the 5" but beware that you will need to remove the heat cover from the transmission bell.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273371894903
Thanks for your suggestion, I went with the 4" resonator. Kinda wish I went with the Helmholtz pipe instead. With the 4" res, I still have a little bit of drone when under load. At least the setup looks clean.
Old 08-08-18, 12:39 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Can both of you guys post pictures of the 4" and 5" resonators mounted on the car? what is the difference between the Helmholtz wave pipe and just changing to bigger resonators. I have an Apexi axle back that i want to get rid of the extremely loud drone from 1800-2200 RPM.
Thank you in advance.

Edwin
Old 08-08-18, 02:06 PM
812bf3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Edwin8484
Can both of you guys post pictures of the 4" and 5" resonators mounted on the car? what is the difference between the Helmholtz wave pipe and just changing to bigger resonators. I have an Apexi axle back that i want to get rid of the extremely loud drone from 1800-2200 RPM.
Thank you in advance.

Edwin
Darn, I just got the car off the ramp after tightening up the bolts for the exhausts.
Anyway, here are the pics. Sorry for the poor quality as I can only reach in so far with my phone... only if I read this message 10 mins earlier.

4" resonator

The drones still there, but a bit less. $450.00 CAN kinda wasted. Saving up for a cheap MIG Welder. I am going to try to custom weld the 1/4 wave pipes myself later.
Old 08-08-18, 03:33 PM
Edwin8484
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Darn, I just got the car off the ramp after tightening up the bolts for the exhausts.
Anyway, here are the pics. Sorry for the poor quality as I can only reach in so far with my phone... only if I read this message 10 mins earlier.

4" resonator

The drones still there, but a bit less. $450.00 CAN kinda wasted. Saving up for a cheap MIG Welder. I am going to try to custom weld the 1/4 wave pipes myself later.
I wonder if that extra 1” for the 5” resonator makes a difference. Was there an X pipe where the resonators were previously? Any good feedbacks on the wave pipe? Thanks
Old 08-08-18, 06:00 PM
812bf3
Driver School Candidate

I wonder if that extra 1” for the 5” resonator makes a difference. Was there an X pipe where the resonators were previously? Any good feedbacks on the wave pipe? Thanks
I would think so, mine is actually a 3.5". The installer forgot to mention that to me. Jay00911 has the 5" and he said it's quiet like stock. Maybe you should ask Jay
Old 08-08-18, 06:03 PM
812bf3
Driver School Candidate

Jay,
Since you had the ECU flashed, did you have yours max RPM increased too? If you did, did you notice the Rev limiter bounce 1-2 times before shifting to the next gear?
Mine bounces at 7200 rpm before shifting. It's kinda annoying.
Old 08-10-18, 12:08 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Will post Pictures tonight of the resonators installed on mine. The Resonators are installed after the X pipe. They replace the existing resonators that come with the midpipe.
Old 08-10-18, 12:09 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

4" resonator

The construction on those resonators look different from what I have. Maybe the 1" does make a difference but these look tiny compared to what is installed on mine.

Last edited by jay90011; 08-13-18 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-10-18, 12:13 PM
jay90011
Pole Position

Jay,
Since you had the ECU flashed, did you have yours max RPM increased too? If you did, did you notice the Rev limiter bounce 1-2 times before shifting to the next gear?
Mine bounces at 7200 rpm before shifting. It's kinda annoying.
Yes, I have the tune set to 7.2k and I have the exact same shifting issue. It bounces about two times before shifting when set in Drive. RR has mentioned this issue before in the main section they have in the vendor forums which is caused by our TCU. The TCU needs to be updated but so far no luck in any software tunes so far. The issue is only found in the 8 speed transmission. 6 Speed transmissions are not affected by this.

Quick Reply: RR Racing tune Client software download