Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

INVIDIA Q300 on 2017 IS300

Old 04-07-18, 07:06 AM
nyanman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default INVIDIA Q300 on 2017 IS300

Hi all,

I picked up the classic INVIDIA Q300 for my 2017 IS300. I had not seen many pics of that exhaust with the 2017 diffuser so I was not sure what to expect.

The install went great, no issues. The fit looks good!

Old 04-12-18, 05:46 AM
nyanman
Driver School Candidate

Thought I would add some more to the discussion about the Q300. Now that I have driven it around a couple of days, I agree with the posters who say that it is very quiet.
At low RPM, there is a small GROWL, but not much at high RPM.
Since I have the AWD, I can't add on the mid-pipe. Guess that will be it for now. Still like it though, but it could be a bit more noticeable.
Old 04-12-18, 09:22 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by nyanman
Since I have the AWD, I can't add on the mid-pipe.
Why not? They make one for AWD from 14 and on that'll fit that they sell as an individual item
Old 04-12-18, 09:39 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

just wait, it will get louder. i was dissapointed at first, but i'm enjoying it now.

as for the mid-pipe, i don't believe there's a direct bolt on for the AWD model. the RWD mid-pipe is installed, but modified by a shop.
Old 04-13-18, 06:17 AM
evchao
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How's cabin drone?
Old 04-13-18, 11:50 AM
nyanman
Driver School Candidate

Midpipe: I had a quick look around but only found the RWD model. I'll look again to see if there is indeed one for the AWD.

Drone: very minimal. You hear it a bit when you just touch the throttle. In traffic, its not too bad. On the open road, there is really nothing "annoying" about the sound. I still haven't heard it from outside the car myself. I'll get a buddy to do some drive-bys to hear it.

I wonder if the ECU somehow adapts to the new exhaust conditions and changes the way the engine responds. That could explain the change in exhaust noise over time.
Old 04-13-18, 01:41 PM
jnesss
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nyanman
Midpipe: I had a quick look around but only found the RWD model. I'll look again to see if there is indeed one for the AWD.

Drone: very minimal. You hear it a bit when you just touch the throttle. In traffic, its not too bad. On the open road, there is really nothing "annoying" about the sound. I still haven't heard it from outside the car myself. I'll get a buddy to do some drive-bys to hear it.

I wonder if the ECU somehow adapts to the new exhaust conditions and changes the way the engine responds. That could explain the change in exhaust noise over time.
AWD owners order the RWD mid-pipe. exhaust gets louder as the fiber glass packing in the muffler “breaks down” or whatever. it will get louder. just wait and then decide if you need the midpipe.

keep in mind, it sounds different in the cabin as opposed to being outside your vehicle. the full catback is pretty loud and will instantly draw attention to your vehicle.
Old 04-17-18, 04:40 PM
HellaMod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 Axelback + MidPipe

I just put on my Invidia Q300 + Midpipe about a couple month ago and I personally love it. Its not really that loud when you're cruising but when you step on it, it sounds amazing in my opinion.
Old 04-23-18, 09:24 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Just installed the Q300 on my IS350 on Friday. Other members have mentioned waiting for about 500 miles until they noticed increased sound. Also read part of that is due to the ECU needing to adapt as well as the fiber glass in the muffler.

Personally, I agree with most so far. Its almost perfect but needs a little more. After a few weeks if I'm not satisfied I will have the resonators removed (rather than an entire mid pipe).
Old 04-30-18, 09:00 AM
nyanman
Driver School Candidate

Hello all,

After a few weeks of driving with the Q300, I agree it now makes a little bit more noise, but its still quite discreet.

I did have an issue with the muffler on the passenger side falling off the rear mounts though! The way the steel rod is made, with no "nipple" on the end, it was able to side right out of the rubber holder (see image below). The exhaust tip was hitting the road on the highway. Not great. I fixed it for now by putting a hose collar on the tip of the steel rod.

Old 04-30-18, 01:22 PM
ZISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Videos, I need vidoes!
Old 05-07-18, 10:59 AM
chanman3IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HellaMod
I just put on my Invidia Q300 + Midpipe about a couple month ago and I personally love it. Its not really that loud when you're cruising but when you step on it, it sounds amazing in my opinion.

Did you do the mid-pip install yourself? If not, what shop did you have it done at or recommend to? Hopefully in Socal?
Old 05-07-18, 06:35 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by ZISF
Videos, I need vidoes!
I have a driving video, taken after having driven approx. 500-600 miles on the newly installed Q300 (IS350). Sounds great. I like the discreetness under 4k rpm. I will edit post in performance when I get a chance...soon.
Old 05-07-18, 07:22 PM
chanman3IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HOMER350
I have a driving video, taken after having driven approx. 500-600 miles on the newly installed Q300 (IS350). Sounds great. I like the discreetness under 4k rpm. I will edit post in performance when I get a chance...soon.
Is the '500 miles' break-in period strictly for when Q300 is paired with the mid-pipe or for the axle-back itself?
Old 05-08-18, 06:56 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Originally Posted by chanman3IS
Is the '500 miles' break-in period strictly for when Q300 is paired with the mid-pipe or for the axle-back itself?
my understanding is it that break in period is for axle-back (mufflers particularly), but also ECU.

I can attest it has increased in sound. I think there can be something said for pipes themselves becoming kind of resonated in regard to mid pipe or any exhaust pipe but dont imagine that would change much for sound. I may be incorrect on that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: INVIDIA Q300 on 2017 IS300