Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZ-GTE swap W/ included Mines ECU.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-18, 07:42 PM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2JZ-GTE swap W/ included Mines ECU.

Im buying a 2jzgte Aristo swap W/ Auto trans and a JDM 2,800 stall Torque Converter, it only has 36,500 kilometers on the swap. The swap includes a Mines ecu hooked up with it. Im assuming it is a better map for the factory twins?

is it worth the $400 price premium? Over regular jdm swaps?

Im only really after 300whp and 300wtq.

will mines achieve this? PUN intended!

im ready to order this swap, its $2,700 shipped. Clean as a bell!
Old 01-17-18, 08:45 PM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't buy online
Don't buy online

Reason I say this, when it arrives if something is not right or broken parts (connectors /sensors etc) you have to pay to ship it back.

There are local JDM depots almost everywhere, google jdm depot near me .....

see before you buy , pictures hide n lie.Yes You will hit the whp number easily with a few mods , full bpu will be near 400whp and Mines ecu kicks assOne☝🏽thing to remember is those aftermarket/tuned ecu's were tuned with higher octane gas than from what you normally buy or can find , 95-103 octane etc

Last edited by LexLova; 01-17-18 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-18-18, 10:34 AM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

The closest to me is 3 hours away roughly, and I don’t have a truck anymore. The swap looks very clean, it includes igniter, map sensor on intake manifold, ecu, harness. It does NOT include a maf sensor.

Id rather buy the maf with the stock air box included anyways separately.

no one buys a swap online? It seems several sellers sell motors with broken sensors, and plugs on the internet. They take photos of it and all. And it’s offeted at a discounted rate.
Old 01-18-18, 10:57 AM
tps3443
Driver School Candidate

Maybe i could request and pay extra for a wooden crate, or a wooden box for the engine to ship in?
Old 01-18-18, 02:27 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They put them in pellets. Usually they are strapped down and plastic wrapped real tight. I bought my first swap from an online vendor. Nothing was broken but I was missing an MAF and ignitor even though they said they were there. I never received replacements. Long story short, you're never going to received a perfect swap. Even clean swaps have broken pieces here and there. When they ship out of Japan, they are put in small tight wooden crates. So things will break on their way over. We just hope that the right things break. Things we can easily swap over from the GE.

It sounds like your mind is set on it. It also sounds like it will provide you with the numbers you're looking for. Then only thing I can tell you is to make sure the compression is still legit.
Old 01-19-18, 05:52 PM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP161
They put them in pellets. Usually they are strapped down and plastic wrapped real tight. I bought my first swap from an online vendor. Nothing was broken but I was missing an MAF and ignitor even though they said they were there. I never received replacements. Long story short, you're never going to received a perfect swap. Even clean swaps have broken pieces here and there. When they ship out of Japan, they are put in small tight wooden crates. So things will break on their way over. We just hope that the right things break. Things we can easily swap over from the GE.

It sounds like your mind is set on it. It also sounds like it will provide you with the numbers you're looking for. Then only thing I can tell you is to make sure the compression is still legit.
To add on to what you said, I went to the jdm depot with my pick up , picked out a low mileage 03-04 GTEVVTI, and as I was finalizing payment I noticed it also had MAF missing ($100) , had incorrect immobilized 01+ ecu ending in -30810 or something($250) like that, it was missing lambada sensor ($20) , had 2 broken VSV's ($50). So long short , if I would've ordered that engine or even went home without checking , it would've cost me another $400+\- just to complete swap. FYI I had a buy a proper non immobilized -3a470 ecu Bc it wasn't their fault the motor was 03........ I understood. Many of the older pre -01 GTE swap are depleting and the newer ecu'd swaps are around