Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2011 Lexus IS250

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-17, 07:58 PM
matt187
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Lexus IS250

I recently purchased a used 2011 Lexus IS250 that's a graphite type color and I'm very happy with it. I have put a k&n air intake in it. I have replaced the stock stereo and heating unit with newer touch screen units, and some subwoofers, and I am very pleased. Now that I've got my air intake and the interior how I want, I've been researching body upgrades for it but am having a hard time finding almost anything!!! Specifically i was looking for a carbon fibre rear bumper/diffuser (hardest thing to find),carbon fibre side skirts, and an upgraded front bumper. I need peoples opinion on where to get these things!! And I'm very happy to hear any other upgrades that anyone suggests!
Old 05-10-17, 03:27 PM
knyg
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

there are practically no aftermarket body for a lexus 2is. except the few like wald,toms and big name stuff that cost like 4k+ for a body kit. you gotta do custom.
Old 05-10-17, 03:33 PM
matt187
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by knyg
there are practically no aftermarket body for a lexus 2is. except the few like wald,toms and big name stuff that cost like 4k+ for a body kit. you gotta do custom.
Okay i didn't know that thank you. I've never had to get any custom body parts for a car before so how would I get my hands on one? Who sells them
Old 05-10-17, 03:55 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Ait racing has CF side skirt extensions, rear add ons frint lip. Ebay has plenty on rep lips but fitment may be off. RD lexus has different bumpers for sale as well. NIA has a 3is conversion, side skirts and rear add on. ( eye lids also) there are hoods and trunks available as well and spoilers too. And like the poster above stated; lots of high end body parts.
Old 05-11-17, 08:47 PM
knyg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by matt187
Okay i didn't know that thank you. I've never had to get any custom body parts for a car before so how would I get my hands on one? Who sells them

personally, i would not buy any branded add on stuff. youll feel very 'cheaped out'. youll be paying absurd prices like $400 for side skirts that minimally changes the look of your car and its just molded hard plastic.

if you want any riveted/bolted on parts for aerodynamics, you need to find an auto customization shop or CNC machinery. depending where you live, there is an abundance.

also, 100% NO to those plastic ebay pieces. trust me, if you continue modding your car, youll start going for quality pieces. do it right once and never do it again.
Old 05-12-17, 03:00 PM
matt187
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by knyg
personally, i would not buy any branded add on stuff. youll feel very 'cheaped out'. youll be paying absurd prices like $400 for side skirts that minimally changes the look of your car and its just molded hard plastic.

if you want any riveted/bolted on parts for aerodynamics, you need to find an auto customization shop or CNC machinery. depending where you live, there is an abundance.

also, 100% NO to those plastic ebay pieces. trust me, if you continue modding your car, youll start going for quality pieces. do it right once and never do it again.
yeah I've been very hesitant to even look at anything on eBay at all. I don't really trust the sellers and yes stupid prices for a piece of plastic. I actually have never had to do anything close to this to get a body kit part. I live in Washington state in the US. I have no idea where there would be any auto customization shops. And quite frankly I have no idea what I CNC machine is and how I'd get my hands on one. As far as money I just want the best quality piece for my vehicle I can get without breaking the bank. Which I'm sure is everyone's ideal
Old 05-12-17, 03:01 PM
matt187
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by matt187
yeah I've been very hesitant to even look at anything on eBay at all. I don't really trust the sellers and yes stupid prices for a piece of plastic. I actually have never had to do anything close to this to get a body kit part. I live in Washington state in the US. I have no idea where there would be any auto customization shops. And quite frankly I have no idea what I CNC machine is and how I'd get my hands on one. As far as money I just want the best quality piece for my vehicle I can get without breaking the bank. Which I'm sure is everyone's ideal
Thank you for your input it was very helpful. Any additional info that you think would benefit me please I encourage it!
Old 05-12-17, 04:07 PM
knyg
Pole Position

anything car related is going to be expensive. CNC machinery is just cutting metal into specific pieces/shapes, like for a front splitter.

you can yelp auto customization places and make friends. ive never been to any car meets but i assume you can network and know a lot of people that will guide you in a direction. also, lots of car shows have company booths that specialize in car parts, you can check that out too.

ive never done anything ive told you above, its just in my knowledge. i have many custom bolt-ons on my car but thats because i know an auto customization shop that can also get custom laser machine cutted metal pieces.