Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Different F-Sport Accessories?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-16, 11:52 PM
Richiee
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Different F-Sport Accessories?!?

After getting F-Sport springs I'm now thinking of either getting an F-Sport intake or an F-Sport Exhaust. However I was reading around the forum the other day and read somewhere that there's two type of F-Sport Exhausts? An old one and a new one? If so how can you tell which is which? And is that the only F-Sport accessory which has a newer version of it made?
Old 12-20-16, 10:16 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

There isn't really two F-Sport exhausts per se. The original, long discontinued model was made by HKS for Lexus before they used the F-Sport terminology. These are relatively hard to find and pretty expensive. The later model marketed as the F-Sport exhaust (which I believe is also made by HKS for Lexus), is the newer model that is readily available. On the F-Sport exhaust the right side muffler is a straight pipe, hence the reason it is louder. I believe the original HKS model actually used two mufflers.

To my knowledge, that's the only product for which there was multiple versions.
Old 12-20-16, 06:28 PM
Richiee
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tungstn-IS
There isn't really two F-Sport exhausts per se. The original, long discontinued model was made by HKS for Lexus before they used the F-Sport terminology. These are relatively hard to find and pretty expensive. The later model marketed as the F-Sport exhaust (which I believe is also made by HKS for Lexus), is the newer model that is readily available. On the F-Sport exhaust the right side muffler is a straight pipe, hence the reason it is louder. I believe the original HKS model actually used two mufflers.

For sure, thanks for reply!
Old 01-26-17, 04:06 PM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean to say the muffler on the right is straight through and the left one is baffled?
I have the second gen F Sport exhaust so I should take a look inside but what I noticed is the left one seems to flow much more, you can see the condensation on cold starts is much more from the left side.
Old 01-27-17, 06:21 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JeeKay
You mean to say the muffler on the right is straight through and the left one is baffled?
I have the second gen F Sport exhaust so I should take a look inside but what I noticed is the left one seems to flow much more, you can see the condensation on cold starts is much more from the left side.
No, I mean like the passenger side really isn't even a muffler. It's a hollow chamber with a solid straight pipe going through the middle that looks like a muffler. The driver side is an actual straight through, perforated core muffler. You likely see more condensation on the driver side because it actually has packing in it that holds moisture and steams off on cold starts, the passenger side doesn't.

Look inside both mufflers and tap on them, you will see what I mean.
The following users liked this post:
JeeKay (02-03-17)
Old 02-03-17, 04:26 PM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, I mean like the passenger side really isn't even a muffler. It's a hollow chamber with a solid straight pipe going through the middle that looks like a muffler. The driver side is an actual straight through, perforated core muffler. You likely see more condensation on the driver side because it actually has packing in it that holds moisture and steams off on cold starts, the passenger side doesn't.

Look inside both mufflers and tap on them, you will see what I mean.
Hahahaha that's great, I may have been wrong about volume coming from the left rather than right, I just recall it being way more from one sound. There's too much snow on the ground today to test this out but I'm gonna remember to do this, thanks.