Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ovtune ECU Flash Tune Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-16, 02:24 PM
DVS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do they have it for the 250 model? we need more power badly lol
Old 12-12-16, 02:43 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DVS
do they have it for the 250 model? we need more power badly lol
I just went ahead and asked OV and they said they are currently tuning a supercharged IS250. He also said that they will in fact offer tunes for the Is250 but he doesn't have a proper dyno graph yet. But he said to expect about 10whp, since the 250 doesn't really have as much potential.
Old 12-14-16, 11:47 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im getting my IS250 done on Friday!
Old 12-16-16, 12:47 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

ECU is being tuned as we speak. Ill let you know the results later this evening. Weather is not the best though.
Old 12-16-16, 06:19 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Best of luck!
Old 12-18-16, 02:25 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

So I got my IS250 tuned this last friday and have had these past few days to test it out. I got it tuned for 91 Octane fuel and the rev limit set to 7400. The most noticeable difference in the tune is definitely second gear. Second gear actually pulls and has torque now. The rev limit raised to 7400 also drastically improves the shift into second gear. The car shifts and it is dropped right into the power band for second gear, creating a much smoother acceleration feel. It used to feel like the car's power would just drop off as soon as you got out of first gear (weak *** IS250) but now it actually feels like a semi normal car haha. Im definitely pleased with the results, next I will be giving him a data log so he can tune for my headers and intake.
Old 12-18-16, 05:58 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Good to hear the results are positive! So you didn't have the headers and intake on at the time of the tune or was it more of an "out-of-the-box" tune with the option to data log and make future adjustments down the road?
Old 12-18-16, 09:55 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

....-10char

Last edited by metaleckz; 12-18-16 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-19-16, 01:05 AM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
Good to hear the results are positive! So you didn't have the headers and intake on at the time of the tune or was it more of an "out-of-the-box" tune with the option to data log and make future adjustments down the road?
It was just a bench tune, so yeah just a basic tune for a standard car. I believe he did some stuff a litttttle bit different knowing I have headers and intake, but to get the full effect and greatest results, I need to data log so he can see where to make the improvements.
Old 12-19-16, 01:46 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this is very exciting news! I kinda gave up on modding my IS for more power after I got my 335, but now I NEED this tune!
Old 12-20-16, 12:00 PM
DVS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very interested, is there any chart that shows the gain and torque compared to stock for the 250 from the vendor? I wondered if this is a 10 hp gain, which I think it's pretty good for that model.

Originally Posted by MDHLexus
So I got my IS250 tuned this last friday and have had these past few days to test it out. I got it tuned for 91 Octane fuel and the rev limit set to 7400. The most noticeable difference in the tune is definitely second gear. Second gear actually pulls and has torque now. The rev limit raised to 7400 also drastically improves the shift into second gear. The car shifts and it is dropped right into the power band for second gear, creating a much smoother acceleration feel. It used to feel like the car's power would just drop off as soon as you got out of first gear (weak *** IS250) but now it actually feels like a semi normal car haha. Im definitely pleased with the results, next I will be giving him a data log so he can tune for my headers and intake.
Old 12-20-16, 04:30 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting. Are they located in SoCal. Does anyone know if you can go in and get a flash without sending them them ECM?
Old 12-21-16, 07:38 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
Very interesting. Are they located in SoCal. Does anyone know if you can go in and get a flash without sending them them ECM?
They are located in Vista , Ca according to the address I sent my ECU out to. From what I know thats near San Diego , so you should be able to go in to have it tuned instead of shipping it out. You would need to get in contact with them first. Best way for me so far has been through Facebook. Search for Orangevirus Tuning. Should bring up a search result for them... Usually take about an hour to respond if they're open, however they are going to be closed from December 22 until the beginning of January for the holidays.
Old 12-22-16, 02:43 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sportskid1
As Tro said, it is in Vista, CA. Basically right outside San Diego near Carlsbad. I live in the OC area and just drove down to meet him at a Starbuck parking lot where I took out my ECU and he took it and brought it back in 45 minutes. We would've gone to the shop where they have the dyno but he did it for me on a weekend!
Old 12-25-16, 03:05 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

So it's been about a little over 2 weeks with my tune guys, and all I can say is I love it. I've raced a few cars now and I have yet to lose (Not that I condone racing, keep it at the track) Most runs were just friendly stoplight to stop light pulls out of curiosity. So far I've managed to get a win against my brothers G8 GT by a fender (cat back, Headers, tune) 2x 04-05 WRX's (one with headers, downpipe, exhaust, Bov, and the other unknown) A R32 Golf (unknown mods), and believe it or not seem old dude in a Tesla P85 from a high speed roll that I'd rather not talk about since people only argue when I talk about it lol. Oh and a few Hondas but that's nothing new... I'm very impressed with what a simple tune can do for this car and I can't wait to see how it improves with OV's new True cold air carbon fiber intake and transmission tuning coming next month

Quick Reply: Ovtune ECU Flash Tune Review