Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LSX IS250 Engine Swap

Old 12-22-16, 01:46 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

^^^ New tags should read "ISF LOL"
Old 12-22-16, 09:31 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by plex
^^^ new tags should read "isf lol" :d
"isfkilr" ******
Old 12-23-16, 05:35 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

annnnnnnd sub'd

this is AWESOME!
Old 01-22-17, 02:47 PM
Mwone1
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I've made a little progress in the last few weeks. Ive been swamped with work and had little time to do much,
I did finish the motor mounts. Worked on getting them all boxed in and welded up.
LSX is250 motor mounts

Started gutting the Ls wiring Harness. Its from a 2005 silverado 1500. Deleted half of the Harness. Including, EGR, Evap, Coolant Level, Oil Level, Secondary 02 sensors, MAF, Auto Transmission, flex fuel sensor, and possibly a few others I can't remember.

LSX Is250 wiriing harness
LSX is250 wiring harness conversion
LSX is250 wiring harness conversion DBW TAC moduleNext, Ill add a fuse box to the harness, Relays to turn on the PCM/ECU and Fuel Pump, Outputs/inputs for the Tach, Speedo, Cruise Control, Neutral Safety Switch, Starter, Power/Grounds to complete the Stand alone Ls harness.
If you lengthen the driver side injector plugs, Alternator plug, and the coolant temp plug, you can completely hide a truck harness behind the engine and providing enough length to mount the ECU/PCM anywhere from there.
There's tons of info out there on how to do this in detail regardless of what car your doing an LS swap in. I'll start here for now and start integrating it into the Chassis while figuring out how to make as many of the factory functions work as possible.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mwone1:
Timmay1269 (03-08-20), Yodog (10-05-21)
Old 01-22-17, 05:41 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Nice work! Keep it up!
Old 01-23-17, 06:36 AM
Corbins350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sick lol
Old 01-29-17, 11:09 AM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking good man!! Anyway a Mod can move this to the correct forum? Be easier to follow and get more eyes on it too.
Old 01-31-17, 09:38 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Amazing build! Sub'd.
Old 02-26-17, 08:37 PM
Mwone1
Driver School Candidate

Finally got some time to make a little more progress this Sunday afternoon. Been Traveling a bunch this winter and juggling work has been made my progress non existent. Trying to find the motivation to put some of my spare time into wrapping this thing up!
Dedicating some time to it certainly helps after spending some time on it,
Anyways, finished up the mounts, painted them and bolted them up.

The Oil Pan Fits nice and Snug, Clears the stock Sub Frame and Steering Rack. Should be adequate for plenty of oil. the Stock pickup will work perfect with a quick 2-3" chop in one of the straight sections.

I started on the Trans mount too. I bought a Energy Suspension Urethane Trans mount and it doesnt quit line up with the Stock Aluminum Crossmember. Fab'd this up to line everything properly in the back and it's Super strong!

There is a Set of holes halfway down the Driveshaft tunnel that will be perfect for a bolt in driveshaft loop. I need to get the DS measured up next and decide the best way to go about it. I'd Like to convert it to a 1 Piece.
Missing the t56 yoke currently. Next up, I intend to start dealing with the Drive accessories and the Headers up front. Ordering up a Ls1 water pump, Harmonic Balancer, and most likely a pair of 4-1 Thin wall slip fit Collectors with 1/2" mild steel Head Flanges to build out a set of Headers.

Here's a Set I Built for that same Vette in the first few posts , Should be real similar, and the best Part is they should bolt up to a Y pipe/ up pipe to a Front mounted turbo real Easily.

I've decided to build the car in stages, get the car up and running N/A, sort out any Issues, and THEN put a turbo on it. It will much easier to build out a turbo kit at a later date, rather than take it on now combined with the build of the rest of the car. Plus it will relate more to the universality of what anyone else will be able to do with these cars.

Last edited by Mwone1; 02-26-17 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-27-17, 04:02 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

Looks like it's coming together pretty nicely.

Jeff
Old 02-27-17, 06:45 PM
Gville350

Good plan! Same thing I did with my Honda. Broke-in the motor I built N/A, and then when I had the motor/clutch/etc fully broke-in, slapped a 60 trim on it!.
Old 04-04-17, 09:59 PM
Mwone1
Driver School Candidate

Finally Got all the parts to start fabbing the Headers up. Stainless 4-1 thin wall slip fit Collectors, Stainless Tubing, Mild Steel Head Flanges (so it doesnt shear bolts off!)

Ran out of time today, got one side Mocked up, Usually the hardest part. Once the first runner is in place, its pretty easy to pull the Header off and build out the remaining runners. Checking Fitment Along the way.
Knowing How much room I have, and having done it before. Im pretty confident I can build them in one shot!

The drivers side it a bit tighter with the Factory steering column in place. But shouldn't be an issue at all, just may take a second guess or three.

Planning to trim down the Collector where you can see it hitting the floorboard. Add a bend with 3" stainless v bands. I think i have enough Titanium Left over from previous Jobs to build a 3" Dual Titanium Exhaust out the back.

I cant Figure out why this picture uploaded sideways. Tried 5 different times to correct it. I give up!
Old 04-06-17, 05:39 PM
Gville350

Titanium exhaust? SICK!
Old 04-21-17, 10:35 AM
glerink
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

love the customization and all the work, cant wait to see it running bro good luck
Old 04-22-17, 09:36 AM
Mwone1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys.

Well, My last Reliable Daily driver blewout a sparkplug Last week in the car my GF is driving while the Lexus is down. She's now driving my 3rd vehicle (huge 3/4 ton Truck).
So, now Its motivate matt mode with finishing this damn car so I can have my Truck back and LS swap this stupid FORD of mine.

Anwyays, Made some more progress on the wiring Harness. Just about ready to start installing the GM engine Harness in the Lexus (no pics). Received a LS1 Corvette Water Pump from a Buddy.
Ordering up a LS1/Corvette Harmonic Balancer this week and Alternator Bracket and I should be able to wrap up the front of the engine.

Made some progress on the Headers. I have adjusted the collectors around To where im happy with the fitment. No compromises. Should fit very nice with all the OEM heat shields in place.
LSX is250 HEader Fab
LSX is250 HEader Fab
LSX is250 HEader FabI got to work on the car, while she Did this in my office! Excited! Good trade
Speed Racer

This week, I've got the go ahead to order what else we need to get the car going.

My lists of parts needed now is:

Corvette Harmonic Balancer $70
Alternator Bracket $40
Driveshaft Shorten/t56 yoke $180
GM Perf LS7 Lifters and Trays ( $90)
New gasket Kit ( $110)
Melling Oil Pump ( $60)
GM Perf Timing Chain ( $50)
fluids/odds and ends ( $200)
3" Stainless Mufflers ( $200)
3" v bands ( $60)

I think that covers what we lack.
Hoping it will go a bit quicker from here on out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LSX IS250 Engine Swap