Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

(force) fitting an ARK DTS exhaust onto an AWD IS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-16, 05:46 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default (force) fitting an ARK DTS exhaust onto an AWD IS

Hey everyone, so after already reading the countless threads on how a catback exhaust won't fit an AWD 2is due to obstructed areas and things of that nature, I really want to jump on the "sale" that ARK is currently offering for the spring months.

The DTS exhaust comes with axle-back mufflers, mid y-pipe, front pipes, rear y-pipe, hardware kit...
I'm assuming the axle back will fit without issue... but what else will? Is it only the mid y-pipe that won't fit?
If its just that one piece, could I just use the oem one (Frankenstein-like)?

http://www.arkperformance.com/ARK-DT...1500-0206d.htm
Just looking for some suggestions.

I've already looked into pairing an axle back with headers, but I am looking at this is a possibility as well.

Thanks!
Old 05-27-16, 06:28 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 324 Likes on 140 Posts

i don't know how much mod u need but i can probably sell u mine for half the price... i am getting rid of my ARK DT-S setup...
Old 06-07-16, 09:55 AM
ARK Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixcision
Hey everyone, so after already reading the countless threads on how a catback exhaust won't fit an AWD 2is due to obstructed areas and things of that nature, I really want to jump on the "sale" that ARK is currently offering for the spring months.

The DTS exhaust comes with axle-back mufflers, mid y-pipe, front pipes, rear y-pipe, hardware kit...
I'm assuming the axle back will fit without issue... but what else will? Is it only the mid y-pipe that won't fit?
If its just that one piece, could I just use the oem one (Frankenstein-like)?

http://www.arkperformance.com/ARK-DT...1500-0206d.htm
Just looking for some suggestions.

I've already looked into pairing an axle back with headers, but I am looking at this is a possibility as well.

Thanks!
Not sure if you've already found an alternative or purchased one but, on any car it usually is the Y pipe up front that is different. The RWD and AWD models have different transmissions, obviously, so the clearances are different around that area.

We don't really have AWD 2IS's down here so we've never looked at one.
Old 06-08-16, 02:34 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

I believe the main difference/issue with the AWD is that the manifolds are different to clear where the driveshaft is, and as such the mid pipe is also slightly different. In this case, the RWD mid pipe is slightly shorter. If you had a shop that can customize the piping I'm sure it could be made to fit without too much trouble. The rear/axle back section is the same for AWD and RWD fitment.

Jeff