Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Burger Motosports IS200t Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-16, 05:58 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrispies
This Burger intake will probably go the way of the Dodo bird now that the Injen intake has been released. If I was Burger Motorsports I would drastically reduce prices in order to clear out all inventory.
It is still a lot cheaper than the Injen which is upwards of $350. Cold air doesn't do much for turbo cars .
Old 08-06-16, 10:09 AM
hambrabi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

So I installed this intake a month or two ago. Besides from the obvious change in sound during acceleration Ive never really paid much attention to actual 0-60 times. However recently I decided to just verify the numbers and went to test 0-60 times on my IS200T F-Sport myself and I am not even close to hitting the numbers suggested by the ones listed on the IS200T specifications website which lists "6.9 sec". Ive tried at least 5-6 times, traction control off, sport mode and the times I am getting are like either 7.5 sec, or 7.6, my best was 7.3 sec to 100km/h. The road conditions were normal, 27C dry weather on the tarmac and I was doing this in both Sport mode or sport mode left in manual and left to the car to do the shifting in manual sport mode.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but I had my car on 89 octane for 5 months because I mostly used it for cruising, however for the past 3 weeks Ive switched back to 91 octane which supposedly tunes back the engine.
In addition, I havent tested 0-60 times with the stock intake yet, but does this mean the burger intake made my car slower?

I understand this isnt a really fast car, but I think that the car should at least do whats advertised...
Old 08-06-16, 10:35 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hambrabi
Hey guys,

So I installed this intake a month or two ago. Besides from the obvious change in sound during acceleration Ive never really paid much attention to actual 0-60 times. However recently I decided to just verify the numbers and went to test 0-60 times on my IS200T F-Sport myself and I am not even close to hitting the numbers suggested by the ones listed on the IS200T specifications website which lists "6.9 sec". Ive tried at least 5-6 times, traction control off, sport mode and the times I am getting are like either 7.5 sec, or 7.6, my best was 7.3 sec to 100km/h. The road conditions were normal, 27C dry weather on the tarmac and I was doing this in both Sport mode or sport mode left in manual and left to the car to do the shifting in manual sport mode.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but I had my car on 89 octane for 5 months because I mostly used it for cruising, however for the past 3 weeks Ive switched back to 91 octane which supposedly tunes back the engine.
In addition, I havent tested 0-60 times with the stock intake yet, but does this mean the burger intake made my car slower?

I understand this isnt a really fast car, but I think that the car should at least do whats advertised...
I will be honest with you from testing on other cars. The performance will not increase much for the car if you install an intake specially the burger tune, but I'm expecting a slower 0-60 if you go stock. Currently all turbo cars are suffering due to summer and humidity thats why the car is not that fast. BTW do not switch between fuel if you are looking for performance since the car needs time until it gets used to the new octane, so try disconnecting the battery to speed up the adaptation process of the ECU.

Finally these intakes will not give you much on stock tune, but if you tune your car you will notice a big difference since the intake will help supply the required air for the increased boost.
Old 11-15-16, 04:04 PM
hovik92
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought this intake for my girlfriend's 2016 IS200T and it fit perfectly and actually helped with throttle response and maybe a little horsepower. However, the sound was horrible. Way too much turbo noise. Sounded like a 2000 Civic with a giant turbo and blow off valve. On an uphill freeway, it sounded like the skidplate is dragging on the ground. I have installed over 10 intakes on cars and I'm sure I did it correctly.

Some may like the sound but it was not for me or my girlfriend. Sold it within a week.
Old 11-15-16, 10:08 PM
BLASTER777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this intake for about 5-6 months and can't complain for the price. You can hear your turbo spooling up and maybe a little better throttle response. Can't say it's way better than without it but definitely a small improvement.
Old 11-16-16, 06:47 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hambrabi
Hey guys,

Interesting observation. A group of us obtained some professional equipment. Some German models we had matched the claims or were within a couple of tenths. One RWD German model was faster than claimed, by almost a full second. So was the Godzilla. The Lexus we tested on the same equipment with the same driver was more than 1 second slower than claimed. Later I saw on YouTube other tests seemed to indicate similar results to ours.

I agree they should perform as advertised.
Old 01-09-17, 10:03 AM
aries7286
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know what to do, i cant decide if i should go with BMS or Injen for the intake. i like the way the Injen pipe looks but ive read that it give you the same results as the BMS but BMS is half the price. i dont ever pop my hood and only really want the intake for the turbo spool. does anyone have any input?
Old 01-09-17, 10:16 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aries7286
i dont know what to do, i cant decide if i should go with BMS or Injen for the intake. i like the way the Injen pipe looks but ive read that it give you the same results as the BMS but BMS is half the price. i dont ever pop my hood and only really want the intake for the turbo spool. does anyone have any input?
If you are looking for "sound" you can go either way as well as a better air flow. The Injen is double the price but it is also cosmetically appealing whereas the BMS is simple but effective.
The following users liked this post:
aries7286 (01-11-17)
Old 01-10-17, 01:34 PM
aries7286
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
If you are looking for "sound" you can go either way as well as a better air flow. The Injen is double the price but it is also cosmetically appealing whereas the BMS is simple but effective.
Thanks for the response.

so pretty much i get the same sound and result, but injen just looks better. so the aluminum pipe is simply for looks? i thought it affect the sound but maybe not. if the BMS will sound the same, i dont see a reason to spend the extra buck
Old 01-10-17, 02:08 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aries7286
Thanks for the response.

so pretty much i get the same sound and result, but injen just looks better. so the aluminum pipe is simply for looks? i thought it affect the sound but maybe not. if the BMS will sound the same, i dont see a reason to spend the extra buck
The larger diameter of the Injen pipe is better but also aluminum piping does absorb a lot of heat as well. Its all up to your preference. I went with a drop in filter because the sound was a bit too much for my liking.
aries7286 (01-11-17)
Old 01-10-17, 04:25 PM
aries7286
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
The larger diameter of the Injen pipe is better but also aluminum piping does absorb a lot of heat as well. Its all up to your preference. I went with a drop in filter because the sound was a bit too much for my liking.
OK, so it would be slightly better to go with Injen.

Is the Injen still considered short ram since the filter is still up in by the engine?
Old 01-10-17, 05:16 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Cold air intake would not do much for turbo cars since it gets heated in the housing of the turbocharger. The cooling happens in the intercooler (water cooled for lexus) before it goes to the throttle body so this is just considered as an intake.
aries7286 (01-11-17)