Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-20, 07:32 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Miintt
I wouldn’t bother with the turbo muffler delete to be honest. I have one on my car and theres 0 performance gain and nominal, if any turbo noise increase
Agreed. I didn't notice or hear much difference. But it looks pretty. So at least 15 whp gained for looking pretty.
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (01-15-20)
Old 01-14-20, 07:46 PM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stwrldprb
The ppl complaining about gains are the people who are not tuned. Once you're tuned, I guarantee you will not want to go back to stock. Something is def. better than nothing in this case.
Totally agree with this. Peak gains don't really wow much, but the OV tune allowed at least stock peak hp to be accessible from 3870+ rpm to 5900+ rpm vs being confined to a single point at 4560+ rpm in stock form, and that makes a noticeable difference in daily driving conditions. You don't have to be wringing the vehicle all the time to notice it.

Last edited by chezgk; 01-14-20 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-16-20, 08:17 AM
4lolo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to buy the OV tune for my IS on 3rd of December. I received the connector last Wednesday. I sent registration email and received key. So far so good. Unfortunately, even after registration, p5flash application doesn't work for me. All buttons are disabled. I reported that to support and so far only received pointless suggestions. Maybe it is not so long since my first email to support, but I can already tell it is not the best support I can imagine. Times flies and I am not even able to get ECU ID. So far, I can't recommend this product.
Old 01-16-20, 03:51 PM
d3Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 4lolo
I decided to buy the OV tune for my IS on 3rd of December. I received the connector last Wednesday. I sent registration email and received key. So far so good. Unfortunately, even after registration, p5flash application doesn't work for me. All buttons are disabled. I reported that to support and so far only received pointless suggestions. Maybe it is not so long since my first email to support, but I can already tell it is not the best support I can imagine. Times flies and I am not even able to get ECU ID. So far, I can't recommend this product.
We are looking for a 200t to tune in Houston. We want to add support for this vehicle. The tune would be free for helping us with the development. We would prefer a bone stock car.

Last edited by d3Performance; 01-16-20 at 05:58 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by d3Performance:
02BlueIS30 (05-08-20), Sheddy (01-17-20)
Old 01-16-20, 08:29 PM
untdavid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4lolo
What version of Windows are you using? What version of p5flash are you running? Maybe try running it in "Compatibility Mode" w/ Administrative Privileges? Double check that you have the correct drivers installed for OpenPort 2.0 OBDII cable and select it in the p5flash drop-down menu. Lastly, you might have received a defective cable. Hope you get this resolved soon.

Originally, they sent a link for p5flash ver. 1.00 for step 1. I was able to extract the latest version 1.10 of p5flash from their OVtune Manager install.exe. You could also submit a ticket requesting the latest version. Also, I noticed that I had to put p5flash.exe in my anti-virus "exceptions list". Otherwise, it wouldn't launch and would be placed in quarantine. Anyone else run into this?
Old 01-17-20, 05:35 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by d3Performance
We are looking for a 200t to tune in Houston. We want to add support for this vehicle. The tune would be free for helping us with the development. We would prefer a bone stock car.
Good to hear someone else is looking into the platform. We definitely need more support for this motor. OV seems to have the best numbers when the tune actually works. RR Racing might be developing a tune this year as well. Having 4 options could really help this platform take off.
The following users liked this post:
Minitech (02-27-20)
Old 01-17-20, 06:07 AM
NikNikNik
Pole Position

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I emailed RR racing last year towards the Beginning of December and they did say something about having a tune for us in the first quarter of 2020

Last edited by NikNikNik; 01-17-20 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-17-20, 06:27 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Originally Posted by NikNikNik
I emailed RR racing last year towards the Beginning of December and they did say something about having a tune for us in the first quarter of 2020

This is great news. I was getting a little worried as they mentioned how the project was placed on hold last time I reached out. I believe that was sometime around October. Really looking forward to what they come out with. I can see them doing a turbo upgrade as well if the demand is there.
Old 01-17-20, 08:07 AM
RideLex
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I spoke with a mechanic to install a bigger turbo on my is200t since he previously did some work on an rc200t. He said that the stock turbos are unfortunately too small and were made for fuel economy rather than power. On the bright side, they put a slightly bigger turbo and a downpipe on a RC200t and were able to draw 330whp. I was told that there was plenty of room for more power through tuning, but thats all the power this individual wanted due to fuel economy. The engine was able to support the power without any issues. If you guys are looking for power with this car, you won’t get much with the stock turbo. OV needs to release the turbo upgrade and along with a tune!
Old 01-17-20, 08:34 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Originally Posted by RideLex
I spoke with a mechanic to install a bigger turbo on my is200t since he previously did some work on an rc200t. He said that the stock turbos are unfortunately too small and were made for fuel economy rather than power. On the bright side, they put a slightly bigger turbo and a downpipe on a RC200t and were able to draw 330whp. I was told that there was plenty of room for more power through tuning, but thats all the power this individual wanted due to fuel economy. The engine was able to support the power without any issues. If you guys are looking for power with this car, you won’t get much with the stock turbo. OV needs to release the turbo upgrade and along with a tune!
Did they mention how they tuned it?
Old 01-17-20, 08:52 AM
RideLex
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirst16
Did they mention how they tuned it?
It was a custom ECU tune. He didn’t specify the program used.
Old 01-17-20, 11:00 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

https://coordsport.com/cusco-develop...acific-series/
The following 3 users liked this post by Sheddy:
DarthLex (01-18-20), nan88 (01-18-20), snead (01-17-20)
Old 01-17-20, 03:18 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by untdavid
What version of Windows are you using? What version of p5flash are you running? Maybe try running it in "Compatibility Mode" w/ Administrative Privileges? Double check that you have the correct drivers installed for OpenPort 2.0 OBDII cable and select it in the p5flash drop-down menu. Lastly, you might have received a defective cable. Hope you get this resolved soon.

Originally, they sent a link for p5flash ver. 1.00 for step 1. I was able to extract the latest version 1.10 of p5flash from their OVtune Manager install.exe. You could also submit a ticket requesting the latest version. Also, I noticed that I had to put p5flash.exe in my anti-virus "exceptions list". Otherwise, it wouldn't launch and would be placed in quarantine. Anyone else run into this?
I had the same issue with windows defender blocking p5flash and couldn’t even get it to work by adding it to the exceptions list. I ended up having to disable all firewall and anti virus to get it to work. Fortunately, im running dual OS on my macbook and never go into windows except for tuning so its not a big deal having everything turned off.
Old 01-18-20, 07:38 AM
glowix
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by glowix; 03-08-20 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-18-20, 11:58 AM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RideLex
Did they mention the turbo and or size? I know in previous posts on here that someone was trying to do a hybrid turbo with the stock turbine. I don't think anything happened from that from what I've read. A larger turbo would be nice though to keep up with competition. Negun's website has turbo "upgrades" but i believe the manifold being within the head of the engine is what is making it more difficult to upgrade the turbo.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune