Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-19, 10:38 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm over here...with my BMS Stage 1 tune waiting for all the kinks to be worked out on the Orange Virus Tune, that's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger.
The following users liked this post:
Thirst16 (11-09-19)
Old 11-09-19, 11:13 AM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tnilc
I'm over here...with my BMS Stage 1 tune waiting for all the kinks to be worked out on the Orange Virus Tune, that's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger.
I’m also waiting on this. I knew it was a work in progress and did not want to work through the bugs with my daily driver.

With a widely unsupported platform like this, it’s to be expected. Once the kinks are out, I’ll be ready to buy and play.
Old 11-09-19, 04:48 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Unfortunately this is often the name of the game when it comes to tuning a car. It's more or less uncharted territory cause most tuners aren't tuning this car, so I understand if a tuner can't get it perfect. I do hope they try, for your sake. And I hope they can genuinely resolve your issue without resorting to defensive tones. You've been respectful and polite from your posts.

My only experience with the 200t tune is the BMS stage 1 box. Plug and play. Is it ideal, no. Ideal would be a car being adequate right out of the box. But the piggy back box is easily reversible and doesn't inherently change any parameters, particularly off throttle. So your car retains stock driveability. Seems from what I gather the end result is the same whether you go w/ a tune or a piggy back box, in terms of acceleration times. So all things being equal, I'd take the piggy back box simply cause it's the least invasive. Just my 2 cents

It's been three years now since the 200t came out, honestly for the power any of these tuners make, it's not worth it to touch the car at this point. Everyone was excited at first, thinking we all just stumbled on the next BMW M54. But nope. A full BTO/tuned 200t still gets smashed by a bone stock F30 328i with stuffed animals and college parking pass in the window. I think it's safe to say that at this point, we've seen all this car can do, short of redoing the entire turbo $ystem.

It's 2019-- from what I see, I'd just stay stock. Or if you want more speed, just buy a fast car. Cause no matter what this car will never be fast.
Lexus gives you confidence in reliability instead of top notch performance. Keep leasing those BMWs champ!

Last edited by WhyHateTho; 12-09-19 at 03:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by WhyHateTho:
Minitech (11-09-19), RC350s (11-15-19)
Old 11-09-19, 05:08 PM
MoarLow
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyHateTho
Lexus gives you confidence in reliability instead of top notch performance. Keep leasing BMWs.
Lexus is not known for being cars that you buys down pipes, front mounts and tunes on. But, a 328i, even FBO, will still be a very slow car.
Old 11-09-19, 05:28 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Lexus gives you confidence in reliability instead of top notch performance. Keep leasing BMWs.
Well said sir ! @WhyHateTho I used to work for BMW and MINI (My screen name is a hint) and now i work for another European OEM....anyways I i have "owned the ultimate driving experience" most unreliable car ever and so yes LEASE them if you want but i my experience i would never buy another one. I know our cars 2.0 motor is not so great but the chassis drives and handles pretty darn good at least in F-sport. Back to the Tune Topic..... i have been driving with OV tune 1.02 for about 2 months so far its been doing quite well, as i posted before still on occasion i get a random P0505Idle Air Control System with it but i just clear it and it stays gone for about 3 or 4 weeks. I will say power-wise this had been by far the most fun tune Matt has created, i took my car to a twisty NC mountain road called The Snake i was very happy with the torque and where the engine makes power, i found myself hitting 75-80 many times and the car seemed much more eager. I cant wait to see the next tunes that come out for our cars for OV, so far the bugs for me have not been much to worry about at all.
The following 2 users liked this post by Minitech:
Scrabie (11-11-19), WhyHateTho (11-11-19)
Old 11-09-19, 07:36 PM
axes2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Following on OV's tune and their bolt on turbo progress.

Quick question about OV, can their engine tune and transmission tune be flashed individually?
Old 11-11-19, 12:34 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Glad to see this thread still alive.

Any dyno results with OV?

I saw someone mentioned that BMS doesn't post on here. They have their own forum.

TTI is still around.They are no longer a vendor on here.

Last edited by Sheddy; 11-11-19 at 12:37 PM.
Pacific13 (11-12-19)
Old 11-11-19, 01:19 PM
WhyHateTho
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Minitech
Well said sir ! @WhyHateTho I used to work for BMW and MINI (My screen name is a hint) and now i work for another European OEM....anyways I i have "owned the ultimate driving experience" most unreliable car ever and so yes LEASE them if you want but i my experience i would never buy another one. I know our cars 2.0 motor is not so great but the chassis drives and handles pretty darn good at least in F-sport. Back to the Tune Topic..... i have been driving with OV tune 1.02 for about 2 months so far its been doing quite well, as i posted before still on occasion i get a random P0505Idle Air Control System with it but i just clear it and it stays gone for about 3 or 4 weeks. I will say power-wise this had been by far the most fun tune Matt has created, i took my car to a twisty NC mountain road called The Snake i was very happy with the torque and where the engine makes power, i found myself hitting 75-80 many times and the car seemed much more eager. I cant wait to see the next tunes that come out for our cars for OV, so far the bugs for me have not been much to worry about at all.
I've had my share of experiences with BMWs. They always let me down and they were weekend only cars. I don't usually drive my wife's car, it's currently on OV 1.01G, and even after driving my isf the is200t f-sport with a tune is fun to drive. I throw it in sport and go.

***My vehicle is identical to the OV R&D vehicle***

The snake US421? I'm in Georgia I'll have to check that out! Have you been here https://tailofthedragon.com/

Last edited by WhyHateTho; 11-11-19 at 01:28 PM.
Minitech (11-11-19)
Old 11-11-19, 05:13 PM
Minitech
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had my share of experiences with BMWs. They always let me down and they were weekend only cars. I don't usually drive my wife's car, it's currently on OV 1.01G, and even after driving my isf the is200t f-sport with a tune is fun to drive. I throw it in sport and go.

***My vehicle is identical to the OV R&D vehicle***

The snake US421? I'm in Georgia I'll have to check that out! Have you been here https://tailofthedragon.com/
Yes US421/Snake is a very fun road, I have not been to the Dragon but defiantly plan too in the spring from everyone I have talked to tell me the Dragon has more turns and the views of the lake and dam are fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 11-11-19, 05:42 PM
Thirst16
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Minitech
Yes US421/Snake is a very fun road, I have not been to the Dragon but defiantly plan too in the spring from everyone I have talked to tell me the Dragon has more turns and the views of the lake and dam are fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation!
I’m in NC and will have to check both out. Great recommendations.
Old 11-15-19, 09:23 AM
novaman64
Rookie

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

OV site is back up for oredering. They put a black Friday 1-% discount code up as well. Just ordered the tune for my 200t. Cant wait to get it flashed and hopefully get rid of the lag.
Old 11-15-19, 09:34 AM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by novaman64
OV site is back up for oredering. They put a black Friday 1-% discount code up as well. Just ordered the tune for my 200t. Cant wait to get it flashed and hopefully get rid of the lag.
I want to buy but still concerned with issues.
Old 11-15-19, 09:50 AM
DarthLex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OVTune Lexus 8AR-FTS ECU Tune

our 1.01G EROM Tune makes over 100+ Ft lbs gain!!!

A windows laptop is required to use our software

- Slight increase to boost levels
- no throttle lag,
- much better throttle response
- higher RPM limiter
- Complete transmission tuning.

Peak turbo pressure : 1.55 bar ( 22psi )
Vehicle Dyno testing report:

- 25+ whp gains seen below
29HP Gain at 3100 RPM
40+ HP Gain at 6000 RPM
40+ HP Gain over stock at 6700 RPM ( as you can see the engine is holding power up top past 6500 RPM)
50 Ft lbs gain at 2800 RPM

Package includes:

- OBDII V3 Flash Cable

-Flashing Software license for 1 vehicle

- EROM 1.01 Patch + Updates

More information will be added to this page soon

That is directly from their site. Anyone with this tune or any other tune running an aftermarket boost gauge?

Last edited by DarthLex; 11-15-19 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-15-19, 09:51 AM
Theyiqin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought the tune with open flash 1 month ago till now tune is not up yet due to open flash having problem reading my ECU . Just got email from them that it will be settle in a week time
Old 11-16-19, 04:11 AM
chezgk
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Getting on the Dyno now for some OV remote tuning. Let's see how this goes...

Quick Reply: IS200t tune