Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP!! intake or midpipe?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-15, 11:36 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default HELP!! intake or midpipe?!

Hey cl, Ive got a 2006 is250 with hks axle back. I was wondering whether you guys think I should get an intake or invidia mid pipe... mainly going for sound since intake wont do much performance wise anyway. What do you guys think? Any experience with either of these parts?

Thanks!
Old 11-11-15, 06:47 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Parsa
Hey cl, Ive got a 2006 is250 with hks axle back. I was wondering whether you guys think I should get an intake or invidia mid pipe... mainly going for sound since intake wont do much performance wise anyway. What do you guys think? Any experience with either of these parts?

Thanks!
Well you have one of the more louder axle backs there is. The midpipes will make your car even louder and with some rasp. I installed a greddy evo3 and bought an invidia midpipe as well. I ended up not installing the midpipe BC the car was borderline too loud with just the axleback.

There are plenty of YouTube videos with hks and invidia/Meghan midpipe combos.
Old 11-11-15, 09:09 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VTsuckah
Well you have one of the more louder axle backs there is. The midpipes will make your car even louder and with some rasp. I installed a greddy evo3 and bought an invidia midpipe as well. I ended up not installing the midpipe BC the car was borderline too loud with just the axleback.

There are plenty of YouTube videos with hks and invidia/Meghan midpipe combos.
haha I know and I think they sound great !! Just not enough hks and k&n intake combos for comparison...
Old 11-12-15, 04:59 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I would say go with the intake, since you have the cat back already. The intake should sound alot better. Plus You might even hear it from inside the car. Just my 2cents.
Old 11-12-15, 07:46 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by badx33
I would say go with the intake, since you have the cat back already. The intake should sound alot better. Plus You might even hear it from inside the car. Just my 2cents.
Yeah hearing it from the inside is pretty important to me haha. Right now my exhaust pops and gurgles at redline and I'm thinking the mid pipe will create more airflow and less restriction so it has the same effect at lower RPMs. Do you think the intake will do the same airflow wise since it's taking in air?
Old 11-12-15, 04:52 PM
badx33
Pole Position

If your exhaust is popping and gurgles now with a mid pipe its going to get really loud and raspy.
Originally Posted by Parsa
Yeah hearing it from the inside is pretty important to me haha. Right now my exhaust pops and gurgles at redline and I'm thinking the mid pipe will create more airflow and less restriction so it has the same effect at lower RPMs. Do you think the intake will do the same airflow wise since it's taking in air?
Old 11-12-15, 08:12 PM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by badx33
If your exhaust is popping and gurgles now with a mid pipe its going to get really loud and raspy.
although the invidia mids are catless, they have a res so im hoping that is enough to leep rasp down I've done a lotttt of research online on the mids and the mid pipe/ hks combo and From what I've seen there isn't much rasp... if this deal on the classified pulls through ill have the midpipe installed shortly and let you know how it is
Old 11-13-15, 10:51 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Why not do both? Message me and I'll put together a really good package deal for you!
1-855-998-8726