Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-15, 10:00 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tsudo exhaust!!

Hey everyone, as I recently posted elsewhere on the forums, I recently purchased the Tsudo Version 2 exhaust for my Is350. This is my first exhuast purchase on a car and I am very excited for it to come in the mail.

There's only one thing that's bothering me right now and it's that I'm not sure of how exactly it sound just yet. There is only one video on YouTube I can find and it doesn't really impress me , although I do have my resonator delete so I'm hoping it's louder than what I heard.

Anywho, does anyone on here have the Tsudo Axel Back that can pitch in on how it sounds? I know it's a budget exhaust but I can't justify spending $700+ for a decent exhaust at this time. I had a tough time chossing between this and the M2 but some other members in the performance section suggested this was the better buy , and I hope it is since it cost a little more.

Anyway, can anybody tell me there experience with their exhaust or post some sound clips please? Thanks everyone

UPDATE : Got my exhaust! Here's a clip: https://youtu.be/bB5zZeQKk5U

Recorded from my note 4, sounds deeper in person!!

Last edited by Tro209; 10-19-15 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-10-15, 12:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

You have posted in 2 other threads that should be able to answer your question.

Lou
Old 08-10-15, 03:34 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flowrider
You have posted in 2 other threads that should be able to answer your question.

Lou
Not really. I guess what I'm looking for is just more people with experience with this setup. Or people who are willing to post a sound clip if possible more than anything. You see the problem here is thathe there is only 1 clip I can find on YouTube. And no one else here has much on these either.

Maybe it was a lame attempt , or maybe not. But i figured it was worth asking at least . Also if you guys can't contribute to what I'm asking , why even bother posting?? Seems like all I ever get around here now a days is people telling me that I should know my answer already? Or that I'm in the wrong section and that I should post in a relatively dead section and hope I get an answer many many days from now.

Sorry for my rant but this site doesn't seem as helpful as I once perceived it be
Old 08-10-15, 04:43 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a very hard question to ask due to the few reviews and people who lacks on giving an in depth experience. Since there isn't much to be found and you bit the bullet. It can only mean your gonna have to go through the likes/dislikes on how it'll be yourself. Don't think it's gonna be a big hype like the M2 was since this is another budget Exhaust. But it does look and should sound a bit better than the M2 in my prediction. I used to have an M2 exhaust.
Old 08-10-15, 05:00 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

YOUTUBE BRAH!!!

There is an exhaust video for almost every style of exhaust, for almost every car.
Old 08-10-15, 05:16 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Keo
It's a very hard question to ask due to the few reviews and people who lacks on giving an in depth experience. Since there isn't much to be found and you bit the bullet. It can only mean your gonna have to go through the likes/dislikes on how it'll be yourself. Don't think it's gonna be a big hype like the M2 was since this is another budget Exhaust. But it does look and should sound a bit better than the M2 in my prediction. I used to have an M2 exhaust.
Yeah I guess so. I knew there wouldn't be a ton of feedback but I just felt I had to state that I hate when people answer other's with questions, or to search better or assuming that we already have our answer which makes no sense whatsoever. But yeah, Looks like I'm gonna have to be one of the few to contribute a review on this . Hopefully I love it, if not then I'll probably put it on the classifieds. Also I'll be sure to post a clip up (assuming I figure out how to do so)

Oh and How was your m2 and what replaced it if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-10-15, 05:24 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
YOUTUBE BRAH!!!

There is an exhaust video for almost every style of exhaust, for almost every car.
Yes I am aware of that. But as I stated in my OP , I could only find one clip of said exhaust. And I was hoping maybe some one could post another.

My problem mainly lies in the fact that I read one members opinion on the performance section stating that the exhaust was loud. Even without the resonator delete . But when I searched up the Tsudo on YouTube the video I saw was rather quiet. However since I was gonna buy the M2 or Tsudo anyway and most people said the Tsudo was better I bit and purchased the Tsudo version 2 off of Ebay.

Im really hoping its louder or at least more noticable than what the video shows or that my resonator delete brings it to life more . So basically until it arrives I'm just waiting to see if I'll be satisfied with the sound or not. Fingers crossed till then!!

Last edited by Tro209; 08-10-15 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-10-15, 05:27 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
Yeah I guess so. I knew there wouldn't be a ton of feedback but I just felt I had to state that I hate when people answer other's with questions, or to search better or assuming that we already have our answer which makes no sense whatsoever. But yeah, Looks like I'm gonna have to be one of the few to contribute a review on this . Hopefully I love it, if not then I'll probably put it on the classifieds. Also I'll be sure to post a clip up (assuming I figure out how to do so)

Oh and How was your m2 and what replaced it if you don't mind me asking?
I replaced it with a used F-Sport Exhaust. Negotiate a deal and got it well under the market used price . I had a resonator delete previously from when i had my M2. But once i put my Fsport on. That thing was screaming pretty loud and raspy at wot. So i decided to put back on my stock reso and will purchase an aftermarket reso. within the near future.
Old 08-10-15, 05:47 PM
ISland350
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you already bought it...I'd understand your concern more if you were on the fence about it but that's not the case. Might as well wait patiently for it to come in and report back your findings. Maybe make a YT vid to help future buyers that might find themselves in your shoes.
Old 08-10-15, 09:40 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISland350
Well you already bought it...I'd understand your concern more if you were on the fence about it but that's not the case. Might as well wait patiently for it to come in and report back your findings. Maybe make a YT vid to help future buyers that might find themselves in your shoes.
Yeah I'll be sure to do that. Maybe this way people like me (on budgets) can get a better idea for what they're getting. I just wish there was some more clips available since right now I'm just going off of opinion.
Old 08-10-15, 09:49 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Keo
I replaced it with a used F-Sport Exhaust. Negotiate a deal and got it well under the market used price . I had a resonator delete previously from when i had my M2. But once i put my Fsport on. That thing was screaming pretty loud and raspy at wot. So i decided to put back on my stock reso and will purchase an aftermarket reso. within the near future.
Cool, I wish I could find a decently priced F sport exhuast. Maybe in the near future I can save a few bucks lol.

For what it's worth I've seen YouTube videos of the M2 with resonator delete and I liked it. Which is what got me into wanting one to begin with but when it came down to it I chose the Tsudo because I figured (due to price and the opinions of a few members ) and hope that it will be the better of the two. I guess time will tell
Old 08-11-15, 12:10 AM
LiquidSF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Searched lol

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...installed.html

edit: nvm. you already posted there

Last edited by LiquidSF; 08-11-15 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-12-15, 06:06 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Alright guys, so the exhaust arrived sooner than expected and of course with this being my first exhaust purchase, I wasted zero time to install it lol.

So I took it to an exhaust place to install and everything was going fine until they pointed out that the exhaust is crooked and the tip are rubbing against the bumper. So they had to cut and weld a little to fit and presto everything looks great now

Now upon starting the car to get it off the lift I already knew the sound was a little deeper . But when I finally got in to hear it and rev it, the differance was night and day!!! I do have my reso removed and I think that might have helped it quite a bit.

Upon revving it the best way I can describe it is that from idle to about 4000rpm it's most apparent. It makes a far more pronounced and deep sound compared to stock with reso delete and I'm super glad I did this. Above 4k it basically sounds like what it did before for the most part with the f sport intake making most of the sound .

As for street driving since I havent took it to the highway yet, it makes a nice deep growl every time I even slightly press the peddle . Yes the car will drone, I'm sure of it but I honestly like drone lol.

I'll try and post a video for you guys soon so that maybe I can help persuade someone on the fence about this. But honestly if your tired of stock and already did the resonator delete, you should definitely buy this. I wish I would have bought this sooner!

Anyway this is just a first impression and I'll update later on as time goes. For now I hope this "review" is of benefit to my fellow IS members.
Old 08-15-15, 06:33 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds sick bro! Nice and deep. I was in the exact same sitiuation as you. I even made a thread. My thread was a little more helpful, luckily lol. Anyhow, the exhaust videos on youtube are horrible which is what made it soo hard for me to decide. They either just sit there and rev (usually poorly or in a garage), no nice take off videos, no slow take offs, bad quality. However, there are a few good videos, very few. And even within the few, they're not of the setups I was interested in. If only the community were like the G community with in depth, good quality exhaust videos. But what can ya do lol. You should make a take off video with you taking off slowly, flooring it, and a flyby. Also the quality on your video is amazing, good stuff. I ended up going with a custom true dual setup and it sounds great. Just waiting for it to break in then i'll probably shoot a video.
Old 08-15-15, 10:41 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Heavyhitta
Sounds sick bro! Nice and deep. I was in the exact same sitiuation as you. I even made a thread. My thread was a little more helpful, luckily lol. Anyhow, the exhaust videos on youtube are horrible which is what made it soo hard for me to decide. They either just sit there and rev (usually poorly or in a garage), no nice take off videos, no slow take offs, bad quality. However, there are a few good videos, very few. And even within the few, they're not of the setups I was interested in. If only the community were like the G community with in depth, good quality exhaust videos. But what can ya do lol. You should make a take off video with you taking off slowly, flooring it, and a flyby. Also the quality on your video is amazing, good stuff. I ended up going with a custom true dual setup and it sounds great. Just waiting for it to break in then i'll probably shoot a video.
Yeah, I was surprised my phone uploaded the clip in a decent quality. But yeah I'll definitely post more vids soon, I've just been enjoying the exhaust too much lol. I've been getting compliments on it and I had some one in a 300c randomly ask me today at a light what set up I had, because he liked how it looked and then he asked if I could do a Rev up for him , which honestly made me pretty happy I got this over the m2 lol.

But yeah man, I appreciate the compliments and I'll be sure to get a good clip of a take off and some fly by's for you guys.

Quick Reply: Tsudo exhaust!!