Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ARK GRIP Exhaust Issues on IS350 RWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-15, 08:55 PM
sinuspain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARK GRIP Exhaust Issues on IS350 RWD

I know I also posted this in the general forum. Mods please delete that...

My body shop had a hell of a time trying to put the ARK exhaust on my car. They said at first they didn't know if it would work out. It took them an entire day to try and get it fitted. Here is a link to the exact exhaust:
http://kspecracing.com/i-1974769.aspx

After driving it for a few miles I noticed my car was making a rattling noise near the rear. The body shop is sure its due to the exhaust and it hitting against the bottom of the car. The rattling is very noticeable.

I bought this exhaust since it got such good feedback on this forum, but honestly the fitment issues and the rattling are VERY ANNOYING. Has anyone had any issues with this exhaust?
Old 03-16-15, 05:39 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be a different kind but the one i saw on ebay says its for rwd only?
Old 03-17-15, 06:22 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For sure right now the ARK is not available in the AWD, you have to get the RWD version cut and modded to fit the AWD. is your car the AWD? Or the RWD
Old 03-17-15, 07:26 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Tanabe exhaust with the same problem. Fitment and alignment was fine and it looks great, but it rattles on the passenger rear over certain types of bumps in the road. Choices are to either install stiffer exhaust hangers from a reputable company like cusco or to continue to bend the exhaust away from the contact points. or install some sort of rubber insulation in between the contact points and secure them.
Old 03-17-15, 04:32 PM
simon3huna
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddvette9
I have a Tanabe exhaust with the same problem. Fitment and alignment was fine and it looks great, but it rattles on the passenger rear over certain types of bumps in the road. Choices are to either install stiffer exhaust hangers from a reputable company like cusco or to continue to bend the exhaust away from the contact points. or install some sort of rubber insulation in between the contact points and secure them.
hey i had same problem when fitting my AWD model with the RWD ARK cat-back. it was actually an easy fix to stop the rattling. they had to take off the bolts and lift the pipe a little using the play the bolt holes have. no rattling now and it was super easy to fix. hope that helps.. cheers
Old 03-24-15, 06:53 AM
Ecko508
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got mine installed , holy beautiful it sounds like an exotic car. Little more drone than I would like but it's what I should have expected with a cat back. But honestly it sounds unbelievable
Old 03-24-15, 08:32 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecko508
Just got mine installed , holy beautiful it sounds like an exotic car. Little more drone than I would like but it's what I should have expected with a cat back. But honestly it sounds unbelievable
Im jumping on that as well bro!