Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

supercharging my is350

Old 03-10-14, 11:06 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice job on the numbers! If you're getting headers, are you also getting a mid pipe and exhaust? The loosing weight thing, if its true remember that 70% is dietand what you actually put into your body. Then exercise!!!! Cut out sugar. Just my .02 since fitness is my thing.
Old 03-10-14, 11:32 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im putting my car on a diet... haha
Old 03-10-14, 11:35 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

I haven’t decided on a mid-pipe or exhaust yet... I’m planning on waiting to see what my car sounds like with just the PPE Headers. I’m wanting to keep my exhaust noise low!!
Old 03-11-14, 05:00 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nikogio38
Hayarms I think on the top of the dyno sheet it says what type of dyno they ran it on. YOU WERE RIGHT THE CAR IS TOTALY DIFFERENT WITH ONLY 40HP... I’m hoping with the pulley install ill gain another 25HP and then with the PPE headers hopefully another 15HP!! Then after this is all done its time to put the IS on a diet!! IM SHOOTING FOR 200 POUNDS OFF!!
Yeah, it's night and day on my 250, i cant imagine the difference on your 350. IS350 have a mean 1st gear stock, let alone boosted haha. I would definitely do a full exhaust after your headers though, but any off the shelf parts (JoeZ like mine, or a midpipe + axle back) will all end up not so quiet. But I would want to free up the extra few horsepower by swapping midpipe and exhaust if i were you, so maybe go custome route to get it quieter?

200lbs off...Hmm. My racing seats cut out about 65lbs, my spare gone is another what 10-20lbs? Back seat doesnt weight much at all, its just cushions. Light weight wheels/rotors?

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Nice job on the numbers! If you're getting headers, are you also getting a mid pipe and exhaust? The loosing weight thing, if its true remember that 70% is dietand what you actually put into your body. Then exercise!!!! Cut out sugar. Just my .02 since fitness is my thing.
LOL. Someone read too fast I'm a gym rat too though
Old 03-11-14, 05:16 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

We spoke about the weight reduction, so you know what to do..
Old 03-11-14, 05:39 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL self improvement is def. key! You guys are funny

Honestly, aside from the standard items to pull from your car rotating mass will make the biggest difference! Imagine dropping 5-10lbs per corner just from 2 piece rotors and lighter forged wheels. Those are the best mods I've ever done to any car...though they come with a price but what doesn't?
Old 03-11-14, 07:14 AM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Right now im lookin at a battery change, both front seats, RB Brake two piece front rotors (need to get a two piece rear made??) and remove sun roof. I never use the sun roof dont care for them. I have already dropped about 67 pounds off my car from a decent wheel/tire combo also leaving the spare jack at home.
Old 03-11-14, 10:03 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, this is SPARTAAAA.

Definitely forged lightweight wheels will increase acceleration and braking performance even further.

I can't wait to see the 1/4 mile time and track time record on Nurburgring haha. Have anyone tried the Nurburgring track with an IS and what should be the time for a stock IS250, a stock IS350, and IS350 with suspension mode, and IS350 with suspension mode and superchager.??
Old 03-11-14, 01:44 PM
xvector
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang, im so tempted into buying light weight wheels.... but i love how the volks look on it
Old 03-11-14, 04:08 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Update on S/C I’m getting a CEL for Bank 1 lean came on twice today while car was at idle.. I’ve had a surging idle since the S/C was installed figured maybe the ECU needed time to get use to the extra volume of air...but I’m thinking I have a vacuum leak.. I’m thinking the synapse blow off valve is leaking at idle causing the surging messing up timing and causing a CEL for lean. Tial Blow off valve will be my next purchase after I check all the clamps
Old 03-11-14, 05:22 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Update on S/C I’m getting a CEL for Bank 1 lean came on twice today while car was at idle.. I’ve had a surging idle since the S/C was installed figured maybe the ECU needed time to get use to the extra volume of air...but I’m thinking I have a vacuum leak.. I’m thinking the synapse blow off valve is leaking at idle causing the surging messing up timing and causing a CEL for lean. Tial Blow off valve will be my next purchase after I check all the clamps
You may want to search Synapse here and see how we ended up running that bov. I believe I pulled the spring and used either the upper OR lower port only (I think lower). The valve will work perfectly for your setup if you get it set up right.

PS: it should stay slightly open at idle/vacuum
Old 03-11-14, 05:40 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikellucci
You may want to search Synapse here and see how we ended up running that bov. I believe I pulled the spring and used either the upper OR lower port only (I think lower). The valve will work perfectly for your setup if you get it set up right.

PS: it should stay slightly open at idle/vacuum

How did you run the vacumm line to the maifold I used the orignal nipple that was already there from the factory (the one thats near the throttle body) and plugged my line in their. I was told it worked better to tap your own nipple into the maifold to get better performance of the synapse Blow off valve. WHATS YOUR POINT OF VIEW???
Old 03-11-14, 06:17 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

How did you run the vacumm line to the maifold I used the orignal nipple that was already there from the factory (the one thats near the throttle body) and plugged my line in their. I was told it worked better to tap your own nipple into the maifold to get better performance of the synapse Blow off valve. WHATS YOUR POINT OF VIEW???
Its primarily all in my S/C Revision thread.

Use either the stock capped barb on the IM or tap your own just after the TB. You should be fine there.
Do NOT T your bov(s) off of the vacuum press/evap near the TB/intake manifold. This caused erratic behavior when I did this as well as a few guys overseas in the early boosting days.

Old 03-13-14, 06:42 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Cars running good now like stock idles perfect! Loving the boost average gas millage I'd now 12.5 MPG. Now I'm waiting on my PPE headers and procharger pulley to arrive. Hoping with more boost and headers I can put atleast 345 to the wheels...
Old 03-17-14, 03:00 AM
nikogio38
Pole Position

heres a link on youtube i posted from 0-80mphs. Forgot to turn my dash lights all the way up so its dark.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: supercharging my is350