Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
Old 12-16-14, 12:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

[Installed] Injen Short Ram Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-13, 11:16 AM
drizzo77
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
not utilzing the stock air box or F sport airbox that will come out soon will result in a lot of dirt and grim in your engine bay and the hot air as described even with the heat shield. I had the same intake and took it out after a week and returned it becuase of this problem. Joe Z has the intake tube that goes into stock air box which connects direclty to front intake and resovles this problem.if not wait for the f sport intake to come out. Looks good but just some food for thought
Has anyone else reported this issue? I'm interested in installing either a Greddy/Takeda/Injen short raim air intake on my 2014 IS350 F sport but I'm worried about issues such as those described by Fsportlex.

I really like the sound generated by these intake mods but I don't want to compromise the health of the engine.

Could anyone elaborate or weigh in on this?

Thanks!
Old 11-26-13, 06:37 PM
euro.r
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ethotie525
Hey guys CAI looks really nice. On a lease does this void any warranties?
I don't think it voids warranties but it gives the dealer and corporate lexus more reasons to deny warranty claims if anything goes amiss. You're changing the air intake specs on an engine that is engineered to certain parameters and these parameters are what the warranty is good for. Basically when modding your car, you agree to "pay to play".
Old 09-08-16, 05:59 PM
dbutchermd
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to bring this thread up but is this carb legal?
Old 09-10-16, 05:19 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by dbutchermd
Sorry to bring this thread up but is this carb legal?
It is not.
Old 09-17-16, 08:47 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by euro.r
I don't think it voids warranties but it gives the dealer and corporate lexus more reasons to deny warranty claims if anything goes amiss. You're changing the air intake specs on an engine that is engineered to certain parameters and these parameters are what the warranty is good for. Basically when modding your car, you agree to "pay to play".
They might void the airbox and associate plumbing, maybe MAF if it gets fouled. But I don't see them voiding much else due to an intake.

As far as parameters go.. not to worry. Aftermarket intakes don't do much, if anything, on a car like this. In many cases, they actually reduce power and response while creating a bunch of noise.
Old 09-18-16, 07:13 AM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
They might void the airbox and associate plumbing, maybe MAF if it gets fouled. But I don't see them voiding much else due to an intake.

As far as parameters go.. not to worry. Aftermarket intakes don't do much, if anything, on a car like this. In many cases, they actually reduce power and response while creating a bunch of noise.
this intake actually shows a good increase in power under the curve, not huge peak gains but according to their dyno it looks pretty good :-D. They have the dyno posted on their product release thread.

Last edited by zcon; 09-18-16 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-18-16, 10:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

We have two more in stock!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-20-16, 03:32 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by zcon
this intake actually shows a good increase in power under the curve, not huge peak gains but according to their dyno it looks pretty good :-D. They have the dyno posted on their product release thread.
Are we talking manufacturer-supplied dynos? Those tend to be optimistic. Any independent verifiable dynos taken on the same day or same/similar conditions with no other supporting mods? Would be interested in those