Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Twin Turbo IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 09:20 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this conversation has been goin on for years... compression ratio is way to high.

most amount of boost pushed through the is' system is 8.5lbs as mentioned before. and there were like only 5-6 lms supercharger kits made for this car.

the most power put down is still less, plus money wise it doesnt make sense, rather than just buying an isf.

you could always gut the whole car and put an LS6 like the discount tire is350 that dai used to drive before going back to the s13. lexus squeezed everything they could out of these motors while still getting killer gas mileage.
Old 01-08-13, 05:13 PM
surensm
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mv350
this conversation has been goin on for years... compression ratio is way to high.

most amount of boost pushed through the is' system is 8.5lbs as mentioned before. and there were like only 5-6 lms supercharger kits made for this car.

the most power put down is still less, plus money wise it doesnt make sense, rather than just buying an isf.

you could always gut the whole car and put an LS6 like the discount tire is350 that dai used to drive before going back to the s13. lexus squeezed everything they could out of these motors while still getting killer gas mileage.
Thank you for the info.

So basically its not worth to spend money on this car to begin with.
Old 01-24-13, 08:57 PM
Dova
Pole Position

I had the crazy idea of dropping an RB26 in my IS250AWD. They are all good ideas, but until someone does it then they are just that, ideas. But if I do hit the lotto I would definitely try an RB swap! Why not a 2JZ? because I want to keep it an AWD and make it an IS260-R. Ok now you can put me on blast haha
Old 01-26-13, 09:26 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by surensm
BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING READ: THIS IS AN IDEA, A THEORY, NOT AN ACTUAL PROJECT (and I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum so please redirect me if I'm wrong).

Anyways, many of you have probably read my minor complaint about the 250 being a bit dull (click here for the post) and I was wondering if there's any way to install a twin turbo kit.

Before anything however, I'm wondering if the engine is just incapable of handling the boost or if there's just no one who ever bothered to make a twin turbo kit.

I know it will probably be more expensive than buying a 350 or installing a 2jz-g(t)e however it's just a pure theory, an Idea.

I watched a video on YouTube here of an ISF twin turbo and I liked the idea of putting the turbos behind the exhaust and I was wondering if such a thing was possible with the 250 model.

Again, don't bombard me with insults, I'm just purely interested if it is possible. And if I'm in the wrong area, please kindly redirect me.

The question that everyone is asking is why are you asking us? If you are looking to know the answer to this question just to scratch a mental itch you are wasting our time. The answer to most questions like this is that you can do anything you would like if you are willing to spend the appropriate amount of money to accomplish it.
Old 01-26-13, 12:27 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieIS
The question that everyone is asking is why are you asking us? If you are looking to know the answer to this question just to scratch a mental itch you are wasting our time. The answer to most questions like this is that you can do anything you would like if you are willing to spend the appropriate amount of money to accomplish it.
Best answer to this question
Old 01-26-13, 01:16 PM
paulo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dova
I had the crazy idea of dropping an RB26 in my IS250AWD. They are all good ideas, but until someone does it then they are just that, ideas. But if I do hit the lotto I would definitely try an RB swap! Why not a 2JZ? because I want to keep it an AWD and make it an IS260-R. Ok now you can put me on blast haha
hi now u going backward a RB in lexus that is the stupid think ever exits in this world RB is one of weaken engine and hell of expensive to build if i had your dream just use 2jz which is best hart transplant that u can get in this world , if you hit a lotto and want to keep 4x4 no problem just use altezza 2jzge sump , conversion is done

if u look in altezza jce15w even the transfer case are the same ......

Last edited by paulo; 01-26-13 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-26-13, 10:21 PM
Dova
Pole Position

Originally Posted by paulo
hi now u going backward a RB in lexus that is the stupid think ever exits in this world RB is one of weaken engine and hell of expensive to build if i had your dream just use 2jz which is best hart transplant that u can get in this world , if you hit a lotto and want to keep 4x4 no problem just use altezza 2jzge sump , conversion is done

if u look in altezza jce15w even the transfer case are the same ......
Hey Paulo, I would take you on that! I would read more into it, I know they have an AWD option out of the IS300. It is still going to be a hell of a transplant, I've only seen 2 guys do that so far but not an AWD. But if I do hit the lotto thou, I would do both swaps and let you guys know the difference