Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need supercharger for my IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-12, 10:17 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Johnnyboy did have a supercharged 250.

The company that added Jon Jon's supercharger will do the same kit for $5,500 for it with an intercooler installed. My buddies car is there now getting it put in. Just wait till that car busts out in a few months!
how much more HP to the 250? Because if its not worth it im just going to trade the car next year.....
Old 03-02-12, 01:05 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont think he's posted his numbers or ever dynoed, but it was estimated around 50whp i believe with 6lbs of boost (off the top of my head, pretty sure though). Not "worth" it by most peoples standard of worth. I'm still looking at doing it later this year if i dont buy a second car (C6 or 370Z).
Old 03-02-12, 01:10 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Heyarms when you sell your work you'll almost there to get an SC....
Old 03-02-12, 02:35 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
I dont think he's posted his numbers or ever dynoed, but it was estimated around 50whp i believe with 6lbs of boost (off the top of my head, pretty sure though). Not "worth" it by most peoples standard of worth. I'm still looking at doing it later this year if i dont buy a second car (C6 or 370Z).
If thats all it is i might as well not waste my money.....
Old 03-02-12, 05:01 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350
LMS will build u one. HKS has an one but no US support.

There are the above that are very practical!
The LMS gives @ 50whp and the HKS gives @ 80 whp

Look guys there are a lot of people who's cars are paid for or close to it. So trading wouldn't be cheaper. Why would I go trade my car, get further in the whole just for 20 more HP than the HKS kit gives you.

Modifing is a lifestyle for most of us. It wouldn't matter if it's an IS250 or an ISF sum of us will want to mod beside reason.
You all are beating this subject of " not worth the $$$$" to death. And for most of us that's not the reason we do this. If I wanted something fast I'd go buy a Dodge Viper and supercharger it.

If you've been in to imports as long as I have your appeal is taking something slow and making it one off fast.

So let's support growth and change in the Modifing of these cars. If it wasn't for people pushing for more we wouldn't have anything like we do now.

That is all
Carry ON......
Carry On Indeed.
Old 03-02-12, 05:31 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by laobo979
Heyarms when you sell your work you'll almost there to get an SC....
Those are pretty much sold to a CL member, don't tempt me & my wallet
Old 03-03-12, 11:07 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
I wouldnt say nothing but intake and full exhaust and header does give you another 30 to 35whp at least a bit faster.
Can someone validate the accuracy of this statement?
Old 03-03-12, 11:50 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

search my thread, my dyno sheets.. and videos
Old 03-03-12, 12:27 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need lower... compression... aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh... where are my forged pistons/rods!!! the agony!
Old 03-03-12, 12:59 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
search my thread, my dyno sheets.. and videos
I found the one where you showed about a 12 hp gain for intake, exhaust, and midpipe... and then I found another where you claimed a 57 hp gain from just headers but the graph obviously has significant errors (and it wasn't the same dyno as your previous pulls)...then later in the thread you went back to the previous dyno and saw ~16 hp from the headers... which with the 12 from other mods would add up to ~28 hp, not 35.

On an ISx50 you can expect roughly the following gains:

Intake: 5 hp
Exhaust: ~7 for an axle-back, ~9-10 for a "full" exhaust
Headers: 10-19 hp (I've seen dynos on the PPEs all across that range and honestly just about all were in the 10-16 range, one showed 19 )

So 25-30 is probably about right for most folks from doing all of it... though folks living in states they actually check emissions are limited to just the intake and axle-back for about 12 hp (unless they feel like swapping everything on/off every 1-2 years for inspections I guess)
Old 03-03-12, 08:55 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by greg0126
There is no practical turbo or supercharger for the ISx50. If you want more power trade up for an IS-F.
Amen to this.. I bet supercharge on IS350 is gonna be a same power as ISF plus it cost more... I would buy ISF rather then supercharge...
Old 03-03-12, 11:58 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

That exactly what i did lolz... dont want to get supercharged and void the engine warranty plus you cant get the real paddles shifters plus 8 gears....
Old 03-04-12, 09:52 PM
DavesIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been taking "not so fast" cars and making them extemely fast for over 20 years. It's about doing what others say couldn't be done and then saying I told you so. Just bought my IS 350 last month and within the first few days I had 20" rims 9.5 in front and 10.5 in the rear, dumped with eibachs over bilsteins, ISF sway bars, $1000 in vinyl work, and exhaust. However like everybody else, I have found that there is no off the shelf turbo or supercharger kit for it, so it's going in the shop next week to have a custom turbo kit built for it. So don't listen to the "nay sayers" if you want something bad enough, anything is possible.

Test photo post:

Last edited by DavesIS350; 03-21-12 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 06:25 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesIS350
I have been taking "not so fast" cars and making them extemely fast for over 20 years. It's about doing what others say couldn't be done and then saying I told you so. Just bought my IS 350 last month and within the first few days I had 20" rims 9.5 in front and 10.5 in the rear, dumped with eibachs over bilsteins, ISF sway bars, $1000 in vinyl work, and exhaust. However like everybody else, I have found that there is no off the shelf turbo or supercharger kit for it, so it's going in the shop next week to have a custom turbo kit built for it. So don't listen to the "nay sayers" if you want something bad enough, anything is possible.
Be sure and give us updates.

Because so far almost 7 years into production this happens every few months-

Some guy with 0-5 posts comes in and tells us how he's been making cars fast for a long time, and he's not gonna listen to what everyone else tells him, and he's gonna go custom turbo his 2IS!

Then one of fourt things happens:

1) We never hear from him again

2) He gives excuses for a few months everytime someone asks like he's been busy, or the shop is waiting on parts, or a dog ate his turbo or something, and then we never hear from him again

3) He eventually admits it didn't work out for whatever reason (often because the shop was unable to keep any of the large promises they made when they actually looked into what they were working on) and the car was never turboed (or alternatively he insists it was but is somehow unable to produce any proof and then doesn't talk about it anymore)

4) He posts that he blew up his engine (in fairness this one has only happened once or twice)

I'm especially curious as to your specific plans.... turboing, over supercharging, makes little sense on stock internals since you'll be very limited in the amount of boost you can run, you'll have the additional costs of custom fabricating all the exhaust-side plumbing, and space is pretty scarce under there.... so I have to figure you're planning to run more than 5-7 psi? How? What are you doing about the engine compression and fueling limitations? what engine management do you expect to use?

Unless the shop plans to use one of the generic STS rear mount kits and keep boost pretty low? that would probably work, but I think the results will be pretty mediocre compared to the "Trade for a faster stock IS" option

Last edited by Kurtz; 03-05-12 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 07:07 AM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Blow up ISX50 engine gonna be repair almost under 7 or more grand... I rather get ISF for no worry about break... Bolt on parts on ISF is big different then supercharge IS350...

Quick Reply: Need supercharger for my IS350