Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need supercharger for my IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 12:29 PM
lexcoop
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need supercharger for my IS350

Where can I order a supercharger for my car?
Old 03-01-12, 12:44 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no practical turbo or supercharger for the ISx50. If you want more power trade up for an IS-F.
Old 03-01-12, 12:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus. I highly suggest you try the search feature of the forum before posting questions as most topics you can think of have been discussed many times You can get instant answers, no waiting.

Examples
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...t=supercharger
Old 03-01-12, 12:47 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious why you "need" one.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...ercharger.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...is350-new.html
Old 03-01-12, 01:17 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've purchased the wrong car.

I don't get why so many people do this. If modding for more power is really that important to you, you should research the issue to make sure that the car you're wanting to purchase IS moddable.

There's virtually nothing you can do to the IS350 to make it go appreciably faster in a straight line.
Old 03-01-12, 02:03 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I wouldnt say nothing but intake and full exhaust and header does give you another 30 to 35whp at least a bit faster.
Old 03-01-12, 04:06 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lexcoop
Where can I order a supercharger for my car?
LMS will build u one. HKS has an one but no US support.

Originally Posted by greg0126
There is no practical turbo or supercharger for the ISx50. If you want more power trade up for an IS-F.
There are the above that are very practical!
The LMS gives @ 50whp and the HKS gives @ 80 whp

Look guys there are a lot of people who's cars are paid for or close to it. So trading wouldn't be cheaper. Why would I go trade my car, get further in the whole just for 20 more HP than the HKS kit gives you.

Originally Posted by dmvp29
You've purchased the wrong car.

I don't get why so many people do this. If modding for more power is really that important to you, you should research the issue to make sure that the car you're wanting to purchase IS moddable.

There's virtually nothing you can do to the IS350 to make it go appreciably faster in a straight line.
Modifing is a lifestyle for most of us. It wouldn't matter if it's an IS250 or an ISF sum of us will want to mod beside reason.
You all are beating this subject of " not worth the $$$$" to death. And for most of us that's not the reason we do this. If I wanted something fast I'd go buy a Dodge Viper and supercharger it.

If you've been in to imports as long as I have your appeal is taking something slow and making it one off fast.

So let's support growth and change in the Modifing of these cars. If it wasn't for people pushing for more we wouldn't have anything like we do now.

That is all
Carry ON......

Last edited by HKS350; 03-01-12 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-01-12, 04:48 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350

Look guys there are a lot of people who's cars are paid for or close to it. So trading wouldn't be cheaper. Why would I go trade my car, get further in the whole just for 20 more HP than the HKS kit gives you.

Modifing is a lifestyle for most of us. It wouldn't matter if it's an IS250 or an ISF sum of us will want to mod beside reason.
You all are beating this subject of " not worth the $$$$" to death. And for most of us that's not the reason we do this. If I wanted something fast I'd go buy a Dodge Viper and supercharger it.

If you've been in to imports as long as I have your appeal is taking something slow and making it one off fast.

So let's support growth and change in the Modifing of these cars. If it wasn't for people pushing for more we wouldn't have anything like we do now.

That is all
Carry ON......
good info here. Also I'm glad to hear LMS still will build a kit if wanted. I've dumped a ton into my car recently and I'm sure I'll get bored later this year and want to supercharge it. Sure I have a 250, but like HKS said, Im not doing it to be the fastest car out there. I want the supercharger whine, and to surprise people and just to know I've done it and not many have.

And I know people have bugged you before, but man, you have got to get this fender flares produced in quantity! Haha we'd all be rocking them!
Old 03-01-12, 05:12 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350
That's true but no US support? That's not practical! If something goes wrong I'll want to chop the vendor's head off!

Btw how much does LMS and HKS charge for their kits? Just curious because I have no clue.
Old 03-01-12, 05:32 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
good info here. Also I'm glad to hear LMS still will build a kit if wanted. I've dumped a ton into my car recently and I'm sure I'll get bored later this year and want to supercharge it. Sure I have a 250, but like HKS said, Im not doing it to be the fastest car out there. I want the supercharger whine, and to surprise people and just to know I've done it and not many have.

And I know people have bugged you before, but man, you have got to get this fender flares produced in quantity! Haha we'd all be rocking them!
See, it makes even less sense for a 250 though.

Because the price jump 250->350 is much smaller than 350->IS-F.

About $4000 at retail...likely less in the used market.

And the cheapest supercharger kit new is 1-2 grand more and is designed for the 350 not the 250.

The one 250 I know of (which only made sense because it's a country they don't sell the 350 in) ran him like 6k for the kit, then another grand to get a MAPECU3 setup to prevent the engine for blowing up because the default kit ran super lean on a 250.

So $7000 to add 50 hp... versus $4000 for 102 hp.

I get modding. Seriously. I've spent more than my IS350 cost new modding cars.

The 2IS is just an awful platform for doing it... and the 250 doubly so.

HKS350s work makes some sense because as I say the 350->F jump is a lot larger, and if I recall correctly he got his kit for a lot less than the $7000 or so it normally costs... (plus he was able to adapt it to work on a US car, and do most of the HKS piggyback stuff himself)
Old 03-01-12, 05:50 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I realize it makes no sense to, but it only has to make sense to the person doing it. But I thought a few people (johnnyboy I think) had supercharged their 250's?

I would love to swap ALL my upgrades onto a 350 but it seems like it would be a major PITA...
Old 03-01-12, 09:04 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Johnnyboy did have a supercharged 250.

The company that added Jon Jon's supercharger will do the same kit for $5,500 for it with an intercooler installed. My buddies car is there now getting it put in. Just wait till that car busts out in a few months!
Old 03-01-12, 09:45 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spending that much on a supercharge kit just overwhelms me
Old 03-02-12, 07:14 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dorkacho
Spending that much on a supercharge kit just overwhelms me
Well, depends on the gains and applications... I had a supercharger kit for an LT1 that probably ran about that with supporting mods... but it wasn't just to add 50 hp, it was to add several times that much.

Spending that much to add less power than a stock 350 has, which also costs less, that's a whole different thing.
Old 03-02-12, 07:55 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Agreed

Quick Reply: Need supercharger for my IS350